Quantcast Rockin Roller Coaster Is it that Bad??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Is RnR Really Scary??

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It's the best thrill ride in WDW

77 87.50%
  • No, It's very scary

11 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rockin Roller Coaster Is it that Bad??

Hi Everyone!! I'm going to WDW in May and I was just wanted to know if RnR is really scary!!
    I trying to work up the courage to go on it but I don't know if I can!! Please help me work the courage to go on it, I'm really undecided! Thanks for any help!!
    Disney Maniac

My WDW Trips
    2007 Dec. AKL
    2007 May/June AKL
    2006 July WL
    2003 Offsite (!!Never Again!!)

Next Trip....
    2008 July Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, do you like "regular" roller coasters? RnRC is very similar to a typical steel coaster in terms of track. What is different is that it is very dark (if you are in the front seat you can see a little in front of you, but not much) and that it has the shotgun start instead of a lift hill.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on many roller coasters (I'm a thrill seeker), and this ride is great. It's not scary and the tracks are extremely smooth so you don't feel like the ride will break any minute. And on top if it, they blast Aerosmith throughout the ride...how cool is that?!
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

It really is a great ride, but it is not the scariest thing you can ride. Part of what makes it such a neat ride is the take off and the fact that it is run in the dark similar to Space Mountain.

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

it is truly a great ride, a cant miss on my list
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I'm usually a scaredy cat when it comes to rides, but I've been on RnRC and it wasn't scary. The launch is fast, but thats the worst part. Its dark, smooth, and short, so perfect if you want a thrill but nothing too far out there. Honestly, the best thing to do is just try it and not think about it too much. I had avoided it for a while and then one day I just stood in line and did it with out thinking about it! Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

RnR is a GREAT thrill ride. With that, I would say that it is EXTREMELY thrilling, but not scary. It has an amazing takeoff and is very smooth. I would actually say that it is the best attraction in all of the WDW parks by far!! It is the closest thing that you are going to get to an attraction that competes against any of the roller coasters at Islands of Adventure.
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE this ride!
    I'm usually quite a baby on rides...I won't go on half the things at other theme parks...but I adore this ride. I guess I can't "take it" b/c it's in the dark...can't be so afraid of what you can't see right?
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

it is a very fun rollercoaster. To me I didnt really remember the flips and the ar the start when you are slung like a sling shot, it is awesome.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also scared of big drops and major roller coasters and am also trying to get up my nerve for RR and EE. I've done all the others but the loops scare me. I don't mind fast but how scary are the loops? Are there any big hills, drops?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I love RnRC! It is really fast, and really fun! The first time my aunt rode, she was really scared. When we got off she said "I thought you went upside down!" She was so worried about the quick start that she didn't even notice the rest of the ride! If you can handle space mountain, or other fast coasters, you will be fine with this one too!

Good luck!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

There are no drops on this ride and you can't really feel the loops at all, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

In short, it is *spectacular* !

The first 15 seconds or so of this ride is like nothing else you'll ever experience.

Is it scary ? Well, it depends on your tolerance for coasters. Some people 'freak' on BTMRR and SM. If Space Mountain pushes your limits, I really would really think twice about riding RnRC.

Keep on mind it's more than 'Space Mountain with Aerosmith music', you are pulling about 6 g's, I think, during that 'take off' and you'll really feel it.

That being said, I say 'go for it'. Just try, if you can, to keep your eyes open during the ride...Trust me, you'll never forget it.

"Goooo'win dooooown"
    "It's the circle of life... and it moves us all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you want to try it. If that is the case, you definitely should. It is my fav!
    Originally posted by thejens
    I'm also scared of big drops and major roller coasters and am also trying to get up my nerve for RR and EE. I've done all the others but the loops scare me. I don't mind fast but how scary are the loops? Are there any big hills, drops?
    Actually the loop follows the take off. The loop is a "relief" because it slows you down and it is over before you even know it. Then there are corkscrews which are alot of fun since the ride is so smooth.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

I can't answer the poll because there is no suitable choice. By no means is it the best thrill ride at WDW. But it's not scary, either. It's a great ride, a lot of fun, and you're totally safe. The ride itself is actually very smooth. Those first few seconds are the most exhilirating (potentially scary) and then it's all wild, good fun. If you like thrills, don't miss it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I rode the RNR for the first time last October. I loved it..but the shotgun start tends to whip you back into the seats and I almost lost my glasses. If you have eyeglasses, I would suggest that you remove them before the ride. Besides that it was great. I do like EE better though.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love RnR but my biggest complaint is that it feels like one of the shortest rides in WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like I'm in the minority but I hate the shotgun start. As others have said, because of the speed and the dark, you hardly realize that you're doing a flip or corkscrew.

I'll try everything once and have ridden RnR several times, but in my old age I can do without the "excitement" of thrill rides . Now I sit with the shopping bags while DW and DS ride RnR and ToT.
    1130 miles from the Magic Kingdom

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I can't answer the poll because there is no suitable choice. By no means is it the best thrill ride at WDW. But it's not scary, either. It's a great ride, a lot of fun, and you're totally safe. The ride itself is actually very smooth. Those first few seconds are the most exhilirating (potentially scary) and then it's all wild, good fun. If you like thrills, don't miss it.
    I have to agree with Sherri. I rode it for the first time last trip and it was no big deal for me and I'm

It was lots of fun !

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is scary as much as I HATE the take off. My body doesn't like going from 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds. Once the take off is over it's fun, but I won't go on because I don't like that part.

Not scary, just a strange feeling!!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: