Quantcast Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise. - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro!
    Since Jack is well guarded, you could set the trap for Will. I would love to guard him!!! (yes, I know....family friendly site..get the mind out of the gutter, Di.)

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt except for the headache. Hope that goes away quickly.
    Anyone have a heavy jacket to share so I don't have to go looking for mine? It has turned pretty cold here.
    Deb

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow? After all, they can't be as charming as the JQ men. Isn't that right fellas?....Fellas?.....FELLAS????

whisper to self (boy this hat is getting tighter and tighter).
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, all.... (well, good afternoon to you, but I just got up... yawn... I went to bed late this morning and I am exhausted... ) Anyone know of a Starbucks that delivers? I need some kind of double mocha espresso latte with all kinds of extra stuff in it....

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Good morning all. It is a bit nippy here...55 degrees in May! Unheard of, but lovely!
    It's pretty chilly here, too... I believe the high was to be 50 degrees today. Brrrr!! And to think it was 85 two days ago... I have to admit, though, the cooler weather will be better for moving this weekend - now, to try to keep the rain away!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Breakfast for me was two Krispy Kreme donuts and a White Chocolate Raspberry Cappacino. Not on my diet, not suppossed to be having the stuff.. but I am feeling so wiped out.. I had to have that 'kick' to wake up this morning!
    Sounds like a breakfast of champions to me... nothing quite as good as a warm Krispy Kreme donut to start the day. Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Hmmmm...any kind of cookies sound good to me!!! We just have to keep them away from Alex.
    How about double chocolate chip with Reese's chunks?? I'll send 'em with the monkey... maybe he can play "keep away" with Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Quite chilly here too. Maybe it's October?
    If only... well, as long as it was before October 11th...

Today I played tennis and one of the men hit a very fast ball straight at me. I tried to get out of the way because I thought it was going out but I couldn't move far enough and it hit me on the head. He jumped straight over the net to see if I was alright. I am, apart from a sore head!
    Glad to hear you're okay, Mikki! Gotta watch out for those little green balls... I've been nailed with a few... quite nasty!

Maybe Mother Nature drank all the rum?

I hope you've all had a great day... and hey, it can't be THAT bad... tomorrow's FRIDAY!! (Sorry for yellling... just can't wait to get this week over with!! )

So - who's gonna stay up with me tonight and keep me awake??? Any takers??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow? After all, they can't be as charming as the JQ men. Isn't that right fellas?....Fellas?.....FELLAS????

how tiny is that hat? Why would that be shallow any way? It's not like we wouldn't value their minds...I'm sure at least once and a while we'd ask them a question or two..we have practice afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Good morning, all.... (well, good afternoon to you, but I just got up... yawn... I went to bed late this morning and I am exhausted... ) Anyone know of a Starbucks that delivers? I need some kind of double mocha espresso latte with all kinds of extra stuff in it....

Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!

Oh that sounds so good..except for the extra stuff. Maybe an internet order system? They do it with Pizza after all.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Since Jack is well guarded, you could set the trap for Will. I would love to guard him!!! (yes, I know....family friendly site..get the mind out of the gutter, Di.)
    Hmmm... let's see... admiration of beautiful men... conspiring to steal pirates... willing to risk all to guard them and keep them safe... Minds in the gutter??? Shallow women??? I'd say we're pretty darn smart & courageous! We should be admired & respected - it's not every day you'd find a bunch with so much to offer!! (okay... just admit it... minds in the gutter... admission of monkey business... living on a pirate ship... hmmm... not winning the arguement too well... )

C'mon girls - back me up!! And by "admiration of beautiful (and charming, of course...) men", I meant all our JQ guys, of course!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    Hey, how about that crazy storm around the NY area yesterday. Tornado watch--pretty weird.
    Sorry - I believe those storms came to you via Ohio... same one that caused the mini tornado that took part of my company's roof off. Hope you survived!

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt except for the headache. Hope that goes away quickly.
    Anyone have a heavy jacket to share so I don't have to go looking for mine? It has turned pretty cold here.
    Hey everyone - make sure you watch where you are walking in this thread.. all these traps around here is making it pretty dangerous. Could someone make a map showing all the trap locations? I'm sure none of you Jack/Will loving ladies would like to have your trap sprung by accident and find, oh, say, Alex, in it - now would you?

Shallow? No. Smart - YES!

So - who's gonna stay up with me tonight and keep me awake??? Any takers??
    Wish I could help - but I've really been dragging today... maybe the monkey will help keep you awake tonight...

Hope everyone has a great evening!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... let's see... admiration of beautiful men... conspiring to steal pirates... willing to risk all to guard them and keep them safe... Minds in the gutter??? Shallow women??? I'd say we're pretty darn smart & courageous! We should be admired & respected - it's not every day you'd find a bunch with so much to offer!! (okay... just admit it... minds in the gutter... admission of monkey business... living on a pirate ship... hmmm... not winning the arguement too well... )

C'mon girls - back me up!! And by "admiration of beautiful (and charming, of course...) men", I meant all our JQ guys, of course!!
    (handing Blythe some cookies).. here - don't try to 'reason' with them.. just toss the JQ guys some cookies and they'll be quite satisfied...

Think we should also set out some rum for them?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Yes, we've outfitted The Black Pearl with the latest in floating hospital ship technology to accomodate our JQ crowd.
    So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me Iam going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!

Post Thanks / Like

Today I played tennis and one of the men hit a very fast ball straight at me. I tried to get out of the way because I thought it was going out but I couldn't move far enough and it hit me on the head. He jumped straight over the net to see if I was alright. I am, apart from a sore head!
    Poor Mikki! Welcome to the sick ward of the ship! But I am sure once you sleep it off, you'll be released!

I must weigh in on the Crocs. Whoa Nelly! Not the most fashionable shoe, to say the least. Clearly comfort comes before beauty with respect to this footwear. I implore you Christine--Don't do it!

But they're supposed to be so comfy! I saw Neal McCoy in WalMart (country western singer...he lives here) and he was wearing hot pink ones!

I'll try to stay away, but if my feet start to hurt I can't make any promises

Well I can honestly say I am madly in love with a JQ man! But I can also honestly say I would drop him in a New York minute for Jack Sparrow...and he knows it, too!

Remember that episode of Friends where Ross has his "list" of celebrity freebies? Well Capt. Jack is number one on my list!

You should see John's list... Men can be plenty shallow too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me Iam going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!
    Jasper, how's the back??? Don't tell me your wife beats you when you're down??? Or is that the reason you're down???
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    I got dibs on the Captain's berth!!
    As long as it is only dibs on the his berth and not the captain himself, after all this is a family site you know!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

But boy do I feel relieved to know what is wrong with me! She said it stays in the body for a while, but should be gone in a few weeks at the most. So there will be a light at the end of this tunnel!!

Nat, are flip flop crocs better than the originals, or is anything croc a fashion no-no? I keep hearing how wonderful they are and I am getting tempted!!
    I have been taking massive doses of various narcotics for many years now because of my back pain and can certainly sympathize with your issues!!

Did you report any of your issues to your doctor? These are the kind of things that your doc will want to know about even if they can't do anything about it now. Often times they will use different combinations and quantities of various meds in the future.

As for the crocs, if they make you feel good, then just wear them and don't worry about what anyone else thinks!!!

No matter what you do, the crocs will be ugly so, just do what makes you feel good!!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weswerx View Post
    Has anyone seen the monkey?
    So, if the monkey took the signup sheet for the captain's quarters and he then followed up by taking the cookies, it would only stand to reason that he, the monkey that is, plans on also comandeering the ship, unless however he, once again the monkey, wants us to think that he plans on comandeering the ship, when in fact, he absolutely has no intention whatsoever of comandeering anything. Savvy?

(How was that Marlyn?)
    Very well done. You have just been promoted to first mate savvy?

Hey, has anyone seen Frankie lately? Or has the monkey taken him also?
    maybe Frankie IS the monkey??

Hope you get the job! Be sure to let us know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks. Any extra luck can only help!

Just because Orlando and Johnny are good looking, rich and famous.....Are the JQ women that shallow?
    Well, I certainly can't speak for all the women here...but as for me, yep, that shallow when it comes to pirates

As long as it is only dibs on the his berth and not the captain himself, after all this is a family site you know!!!!!
    Oh yes...of course, just the berth!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Di, glad to hear that you're okay. Have you seen Toto around?

BTW, I used to be a redhead... now I'm more "golden brown."

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    OK, since a couple of people claimed to like oatmeal (and not in cookie form), it's available again tomorrow morning for breakfast. It's the plain kind though - no fancy flavored stuff for me (they're loaded with sugar). I do have plain sugar, brown sugar or, my choice, Splenda, to sweeten it up, and some cinnamon to add a little spice if you so choose.
    I tried a new thing with my oatmeal this morning... mixed it with one Splenda, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), 1/2 banana and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie spice! It was good (and quite filling) and I already got in 1 veg and 1 fruit by breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    I have to do a phone interview for a bio page for clients..yuck. Who on earth knows what your clients say about you? or what they can gain from doing business with me. (though I suspect most of them say money)...who on earth thinks these ideas up?
    We do this all the time for our client-serving partners. I've written quite a few in my time. Nat, you'll be happy to know that I had a photo shoot for the firm yesterday and took off my cute little Mary Jane Crocs and put on a really nice pair of heels. Too bad the compression garment made it into the shots. I'm not too happy with the way I look these days so I'm considering them my "before" pics.

Obviously, just got back from the doctor. I am clear for work & whatever food I want to eat! BRING ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!!!!
    Woohoo! And keep the dolls out of it.

We don't use vicodin in canada (at least not that I have heard of. Sometimes our drugs go by a different name than yours)

Thanks. I applied for a job on a different unit last night. Crossing fingers for that one. It all boils down to seniority, so depends on who else applied. Thing is...I like the unit I am on, I have good friends there and feel part of that team. I will be sad to leave, but will if I have to. It will all work out somehow. I believe everything happens for a reason. Anyone know the reason???
    Vicodin is hydrocodone/apap. Don't like the stuff myself but I do have an old vial that hasn't expired yet. The dosing on the vial is way scary though: 1 or 2 (500 mg) tablets every 4 to 6 hours.

I used to think I had a pretty good swagger until DW told me I've just gotten lopsided over the years.
    Do you think it's normal that I find it mildly disturbing when DS does the Jack walk?

Olivia felt well enough to go to school today. She still hasn't been able to shake the headache, but has been fever free for well over 24 hours. She was going CRAZY at home, not being in school Mon. -Wed. It gave me a sneak peek of how restless she will probably be this summer...better start planning some day camps and activities NOW!

Who else is going to see Shrek the Third tomorrow night????
    Glad to hear that your DS is feeling better. It's nice to be able to keep them home when you need to (that was always a problem when I worked in the office), but it's also nice when they go back to school.

We'll be seeing Shrek tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Do you think the Monkey is Frankie's latest disguise?
    Nat, I think you're on to something!

Anyway for everyone still needing the hospital part of this good ship. Think it is time I tried to set a trap for Jack using Figaro as bait. Last time they met he wanted to eat Figaro!
    OMG, Mikki! You need to watch out for those fastballs.

I checked out the medical part of the ship today and it was quite nice. I think they mixed in some rum with my chemo though cause I felt fine afterwards... or could it have been the nice pirate nurses?

Alex, that pirate hat looks a bit snug. Is your head growing????

I must weigh in on the Crocs. Whoa Nelly! Not the most fashionable shoe, to say the least.
    Even the Mary Janes?

Sounds like a breakfast of champions to me... nothing quite as good as a warm Krispy Kreme donut to start the day. Now, if only they delivered along with Starbucks, I'd be set!!
    I know that a whole bunch of food groups covered with KK donuts and a raspberry cappucino.

Exactly! What she said! And don't they look dashing in their pirate get-up?

So did someone tell you that I was going to be around again? Believe me, the way my wife beats on me I am going to need the services of the Black Pearl!!
    Jasper, hope you're feeling better. Is the patch working? I thought that maybe your eye patch had moved to your back.

I need to get some sleep tonight so I won't be around to help on the night watch.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    BTW, I used to be a redhead... now I'm more "golden brown."
    I used to be a blackhead (wait, that didn't come out right) but now I'm more "radiant silver".

Do you think it's normal that I find it mildly disturbing when DS does the Jack walk?
    Not near as much as DW does when I do it.

I checked out the medical part of the ship today and it was quite nice. I think they mixed in some rum with my chemo though cause I felt fine afterwards... or could it have been the nice pirate nurses?
    Well fine, now you've ruined the surprise for all the JQ guys thank you very much. I guess I'll have to have the monkey guard the nurse's quarters now, especially when Alex is around.

So, did everybody at least survive Thursday? We had a small but appreciative audience again tonight for the re-opening of the show. Also, one of the ladies in the show had an allergic reaction to some medicine and DD (who's been directing the show) had to fill in at the last minute. She did an admirable job, if I may say so.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're okay, Mikki! Gotta watch out for those little green balls... I've been nailed with a few... quite nasty!
    Green? Aren't most tennis balls yellow?

I tried a new thing with my oatmeal this morning... mixed it with one Splenda, 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), 1/2 banana and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie spice! It was good (and quite filling) and I already got in 1 veg and 1 fruit by breakfast.
    Ugh! Pumpkin innards! That's too many carbohydrates for me. Glad you enjoyed it though!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! Pumpkin innards! That's too many carbohydrates for me. Glad you enjoyed it though!
    I guess I still need to work on this exchange thing, huh?

Well fine, now you've ruined the surprise for all the JQ guys thank you very much. I guess I'll have to have the monkey guard the nurse's quarters now, especially when Alex is around.

So, did everybody at least survive Thursday? We had a small but appreciative audience again tonight for the re-opening of the show. Also, one of the ladies in the show had an allergic reaction to some medicine and DD (who's been directing the show) had to fill in at the last minute. She did an admirable job, if I may say so.
    Who said all nurses are women? There were several guy nurses at the pirate sick bay.

Are you sure she wasn't allergic to the show? (When I was in first grade, I told the teacher I was allergic to math. )
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of being a Pirate Nurse. Can I wear my sword to work? I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

Pirate Name Generator
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm!! that actually sounds quite tasty. I've put pumpkin & pumpkin pie spice into pancakes... makes an AWESOME fall breakfast. I'll have to try the oatmeal idea...

Green? Aren't most tennis balls yellow?
    Hmmm... not here... of course, neither my husband or I play anymore, so all of ours are for our dog... maybe they're a little more green than others??

I like the idea of being a Pirate Nurse. Can I wear my sword to work? I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

Pirate Name Generator
    You'll never believe my name! Snifflin' Eve Sparrow!! Whoo hoo!! Guess I get dibs on the waitstaff.... and no, I'm not assuming I'm his sister or neice or 2nd cousin once removed...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

I plugged my name into the pirate name generator and got "No Eyes Anita". What is yours??

Pirate Name Generator

Mine is "Fancypants" Ursula Cutty

I wish I could change my user name from cantgetenuff to Fancypants! How cool would that be???
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Ahoy there mateys...it is "Scurv-aceous Ian Sparrow"....Where'sthe pirate nurses stowed? Where are ye shallow JQ women? Where are all the double chocolate chip with Reese's chunks?

BTW...that was my name on the Pirate Name Generator.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: