Quantcast Disney In December

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Post Disney In December

My DH & I are thinking of surprising DD7 with a trip from 12/9/07 through 12/15/07. Is this a good time to go in December? How are the crowds? We thought about the first week but it is Pop Warner week, so thought the 2nd week might be better. Thanks for any advice.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my favorite times to visit Disney World! Crowds are very manageable and all the holiday festivities are in full swing.

Weather is generally very pleasant though you could run into a cold spell that might even require jackets and gloves - particularly for evening activities.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with faline, this is one of the best times to visit WDW. The Christmas decorations are beautiful. You have MVMCP, Osborne Lights, & low crowds.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a great time to go. We have been several years during the same period and will be back this year as well (9th-12th).

Crowds are lighter than many other times, but crowd levels in terms of light or moderate tend to be subjective. It has become more crowded during this time period than in past years, but still not anything like peak times.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE IT! Low crowds, beautiful decorations. We'll be there 12/8-12/13 (celebrating two b-days!). We were there once during a wonderful heat wave, but be prepared for some cold weather.
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile A great time to go to WDW!

You have picked a great time to be in WDW!
    I think that your daughter (and you) will enjoy MVMCP and Osborne Family Festival of Lights!
    Like the previous posters have stated, manageable crowds and Christmas decorations, this is our favorite time of the year to be at WDW! Have a great trip!
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year and it was so great that we are going back this year!! We will be there during the pop warner thing...it wasnt that bad last year. The crowds werent that bad at all. We were able to do everything we wanted to. It got really cold though. We had to wear gloves, hats, and big jackets for like two nights while we were there. Make sure you take plenty of cold weather clothes just in case.

**Paige**
    "Though her words are simple and few, listen, listen, shes calling to you..."

Next trip:
    Dec. 6-14, 2007-Pop with Monica...yay!!

Dec. 6-12, 2006-Pop with DH
    May 1999-All Star Music
    June 1998-off property :(

TiggerRPh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkMouse View Post
    My DH & I are thinking of surprising DD7 with a trip from 12/9/07 through 12/15/07. Is this a good time to go in December? How are the crowds? We thought about the first week but it is Pop Warner week, so thought the 2nd week might be better. Thanks for any advice.
    Anytime in the first 2 weeks of December is great. In fact, we'll be there December 9-19.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Pop Warner's website, their schedule this year is as follows:
    Sun Dec 1 1st Round Division I PWLS Super Bowl @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex
    Tue/Wed Dec 4-5 2nd Round Divisions I & 1st Round II PWLS Super Bowl @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports™
    Complex
    Tue/Fri Dec 4-7 National Cheer & Dance Championships @ Disney's Wide World of Sports™ Complex
    Fri/Sat Dec 7-8 Pop Warner Super Bowl Championships @ Disney’s Wide World of Sports™ Complex

As teams start getting eliminated from competetion, they'll start to spread to the parks. If you're concerned about their presence onsite, at least you now know their schedule. Hope it helps!
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
    Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree....it's a great time to go to WDW. It's completely decked out for Christmas, crowd levels are good, and you're home for Christmas. It's my favorite time to go.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

This is when we always go. Your far enough out from Thanksgiving that you don't have that big crowd overflow and not close enough to Christmas to have to worry about larger crowds getting there early for Christmas. The decorations and festivities are so much fun they definitely get you in the Christmas spirit.

183 more days!!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. Dec is a beautiful time to go. Just make sure to take winter clothes as well. As mpoppinsgirl stated, it was VERY COLD two or three nights that first week last year. We had on heavy winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves and were still cold. The valet at WL actually laughed at us when we arrived on an 80 degree afternoon and saw the coats and things in the car. He asked us if we were expecting a blizzard. We just said that being from VA we would need warm things on the return trip. Ha! We needed them while we were there!

Please don't take this as a discouraging note. We had a blast and if we can ever get vacation time in Dec again, we will definitely go back. Everything is totally awesome! Just be prepared. We actually took our coats and things to the parks with us and stored them in a locker ($7) until evening. One day it dropped from 70 to 35 pretty quick and going back to the room was a pain.

Have fun and enjoy!!!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. We've also contacted Terrisue with MJ to help us plan our trip because of all the good things we read here. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the second week last year and it was WONDERFUL!!! The weather was not what I expected, but I had to remember it WAS December. There were two nights it was "chilly" and we had on sweatshirts and pants, DS had on a hat that we bought. Cold is also subjective ......depending on where you are from it might seem quite warm in the 50's in December!!! I know for us we started off wearing shorts one evening and then called it a night when DS said he was cold at about 9pm.

Hot chocolate at MVMCP was not what we wanted......we wanted something COLD to drink as we were warm!!!

Think about taking a photo with one of the "Santa's" in Epcot and use it for a Christmas card!!! That was what we did last year and everyone at home thought it was strange to get a photo of us in SHORTS with Santa and Mrs. Claus!!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST