Quantcast You know you are a MK Junkie when... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

...when you visit Intercot several times everyday.

...when you drive your husband nuts talking about a wdw trip that is 17 months away.

...when you here anyone say the word Disney and your ears perk up.
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

...when you take DW to WDW for Valentine's Day week, but are bummed when you can't talk into another trip in September to take advantage of the FDP!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    ...when you take DW to WDW for Valentine's Day week, but are bummed when you can't talk into another trip in September to take advantage of the FDP!!!!
    hey BMan . . . I'm in Mechanicsburg. you can take me!!

You know you're a MK junkie when lie in bed and try to visualize yourself walking down Main Street!
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default So true

DH and I were at Hershey Park this past weekend and while it was a perfectly lovely day in a great theme park, it wasn't WDW. And the worst part is that once you've experienced WDW (once, twice, fifty times) you are ruined for other theme parks- you just can't enjoy it the way regular people can! Everything is under scrutiny ("disney wouldn't do that.") but it just reinforces why we're DVC owners and why we spend our precious vacation time & bucks on the magic that is WDW. There is NO other.
    DVC Member since June 2005
    Bay Lake Towers; Animal Kingdom Villas; Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member Cruise on the Dream 9/18-22/11
    My most magical memory of all...Engaged at Port Orleans, November 6, 2004

Post Thanks / Like

When I refuse to go to Florida unless I go to Disney. Like another person said " I just cannot be that close without going"

Also, when I go online and fine some Disney music and then find a picture that matches so I feel like I am there.

Post Thanks / Like

Even at 50 years old, and fifth visit in 30 years, you still start to over plan the next trip which is 6 and half months away.

To all the people that were skeptical of Universal, we did just Universal only last January since we only had 2 days in Orlando and didn't miss Disney too much. I figured that 2 days would not be enough of a Disney fix so cold-turkey it was.
    BD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Junkie

You know you're an MK junkie when you feel the need to "defend" Disney World against other theme parks.

When I ride Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point I don't spend the time thinking, "I wish I were riding BTMRR"

When I ride Spider Man at Universal I of A I don't spend the time thinking, "I wish I were at ITTBabug"

We love going to WDW but it hasn't ruined us for other places.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You know you're an MK junkie

........when the regular Crocs weren't good enough, you had to have the Mickey ones
    "You can say it backwards, which is... DOCIOUSALIEXPIISTIC- FRAGILCALIRUPUS. - But that's going a bit too far, don't you think? - indubitably."
    -:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:--

* YC *WL *BC *BW *CB *Swan *Dolphin *GF *Poly* POFQ*

Post Thanks / Like

I agree w/ everyone - going to Orlando and not going to WDW is unacceptable!
    We tried Universal - went for 3 hrs, and went back to the MK for the rest of the day.
    Not even in the same ballpark!
    Been There, Done That - GOIN BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

you know your a Disney-aholic when...

~when youve made a disney website your homepage (like intercot!)

~when people talk about the time they went to Italy or Japan and you go off on the time you were there when realy, you were just at its representation in WS

~when you find people asking you "when are you going someplace else"

~when your mom doesnt let you go to Six Flags because Disney is soo much better, but when you tell your friends who invited you to Six Flags thats the reason, they all look at you like you have 3 heads.... and then you picture those 3 heads stacked on eachother in the shape of a hidden mickey......

~when you find yourself puting hidden mickeys all over your room

~when your dreams include disney...

~when you break out into singing a disney song... of course you kno all the words

~when you find yourself watching the disney channel even though you are too old for those shows, you still enjoy the little DISNEY365 commercials with Sterling going down Summit Plummit

~When just EVERYTHING reminds you of disney. EVERYTHING. and i mean EVERYTHING

...no of course ive experienced none of these
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney-aholics here

I am a theme park snob. I have no desire to go anywhere but Disney because nothing else compares.

We are Disney junkies too. I know this because...

~I cut my little boy's PB&J sandwiches into circles that form a Mickey head.

~I have a kitchen cabinet full of Disney World "china." You know...the kid's black plastic divided plates that Disney kid's meals come on, plastic kid's cups from various Disney dining establishments, Disney resort mugs, plastic popcorn buckets, etc...

~The decorative toiletries that sit out in my bathroom are the black, red, and white Mickey shampoo, lotion, soaps, etc. from Disney resorts.

~We look for hidden Mickey formations in the clouds in the sky.

~Just today I didn't clock out of work at my normal time because the oncoming nurse that I was giving report to showed up in a new Disney scrub top. This, of course, sparked at 20 minute conversation about Disney.

~Friends come to my DH and I (as though we are Disney travel agents) to plan thier Disney days when they go on vacation to Disney.

~When DH has talked about possibly moving, I go to AAA to see how far new location is from Disney.

~I have already thought of how my now 9 year old son can propose to his future wife (who also will be a Disney fan) one day. (Refer to thread "Ideas/experiences of romantic marriage proposals?" in Theme park section on Intercot.)

~I check Intercot often. (Refer to thread "Who's at Work?" in the "Water Cooler " section of Intercot.)

There's so many more! That's just for starters.
    Last edited by McGoofy; 06-29-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Thought of something else!
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

now true story it is, we were going to a movie and one of my mom's friends came up to our family and asked us for tips of how to do disney.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

when you listen to Disney World soundtracks and watch your disney home videos on a daily basis and sit there hysterically crying like a crazy person! (true story!) and beg your friends and family to go with you to WDW AGAIN every time the idea of taking a vacation somewhere comes up...even if you were just there 7 months ago.
    When you wish upon a star....
    April 1989, July 1995, January 1998, January 2000,July 2003, June 2005, June 2006, January 2007(2 times! within 2 weeks of each other! tha twas the best!) and i hope to get engaged and married there someday too but Im still waitin on my Prince Charming...

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMouse View Post
    hey BMan . . . I'm in Mechanicsburg. you can take me!!
    If you can fit in my suitcase!!

Can't seem to get into a conversation without finding ways to mention something Disney World related!

Post Thanks / Like

You know you're a MK junkie when you're walking through a "spook house" at a kid's PTA school carnival and hoping to see a ghostly bride with a pulsating red heart round the next corner!!!

DisneyJunkie Guest

* You check Intercot's "News & Rumors" section daily for anything new going on in WDW.

* You take a little "time out" each day to imagine you're on a particular WDW ride, and it seems to get you through the day.

* You start your "next Disney trip countdown" moments after planning for your next year's trip (whether over 15 months away or not).

Post Thanks / Like

"Hi, My name is Kristen and I love the MK".

Quote Originally Posted by laward32 View Post
    When you talk about it everyday and drive your husband crazy. You are on Intercot every day, every chance you have and have Live365 going with Disney music instead of watching tv.
    I know how you feel, I think my family could just beat me, with pixie dust, though.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Um I got a tatoo with SE mickey ears on my ankle. My cell phone has a picture of Cinderellas castle on it. I listen to Live 365 intercot radio while on the computer. I love look at intercot several times a day to see if I can add anything important to the next new post. People will tell people that tell others anything you need to know about your vacation to WDW go ask the Martell Family. As soon as we come back from vaccation we are planning the next one(AUG 2008 thank you very much.) I look at dining at resturants on site to see if the menus have changed weekly. The last but not least, I have the 1800 # for WDW reservations saved on my cell phone list to call whenever I need to ask a quesiton. Hi we are the Martell Family and we ARE WDW addicts. Boy, we got that secret out, we feel so much better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Girl View Post
    DH and I were at Hershey Park this past weekend and while it was a perfectly lovely day in a great theme park, it wasn't WDW. And the worst part is that once you've experienced WDW (once, twice, fifty times) you are ruined for other theme parks- you just can't enjoy it the way regular people can! Everything is under scrutiny ("disney wouldn't do that.") but it just reinforces why we're DVC owners and why we spend our precious vacation time & bucks on the magic that is WDW. There is NO other.

You are absolutely right! We're close to hershey and i take DS there every other week. I have that exact problems. I walk around and compare. It's just not Disney!
    Mindy

'79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98~Off Property
    2006~Polynesian
    2007~Just for the weekend!!
    2009~Wilderness Lodge
    2010~Hilton DTD
    Next up . . . Poly, 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe there is hope for me...

I come to this site on a regular basis. It's the excitement on these boards that made me want to go back in October.
    MIL has now turned to me for advice on trip planning for some Israeli "first timers."
    It hasn't tainted my view of other parks though. Each place is special for different reasons.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: