Quantcast Ticket Prices to Increase 8/5/07 [Merged Threads] - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Yeah, fish are starting to look pretty interesting to me now, thanks to Disney's money grab.
    But Disney rises the admission tickets every year why is this year such a suprise?

Let's see, for roughly the same price I can:
    Go to 1 Disney park for 1 day...um yeah ride 1 coaster, 1 Safari ride, 1 Water ride, some exhibits, oh, yeah one of them 3D theaters, a show or 2. oops it's 4:00, gotta clear out of the park.
    But do you think the quality is the same compared to Seaworld , and Bush Gardens? Okay so your telling me that rather any of Bush Gardens, or Seaworld water rides compared to the classic Splash Mountain? Or you can compare any coaster to Expedition Everest? I'm sorry I just can't.....

For 7 consecutive days I can leasurely go back and forth between Sea World and Busch Gardens, ride many different coasters and other rides, see many different shows and other exhibits.
    Okay first of all it only takes a 1/2 day to finish Bush Gardens, or Seaworld you see I really don't see the point for being at any of these 2 parks for 7 days! Heck, Universal Studios has all my favorite attractions and has 2 theme parks and a citywalk and I have trouble spending there more than 2-3 days, let alone 7 freakin days! I'm sorry I just don't know how to spend more than 3 days at both of these theme parks but for 7 days!!!

Go back for half day's, full days, whatever, not having to rush to get it all in.
    Yeah I'd like the feeling of not have to rush but after the 2nd or 3rd days I'll be board out of mind!
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm being kind of hard on Disney.

For the record, I very much enjoy visiting WDW and yes, the experience far surpasses the other theme parks.

So it's not a question of the quality of the experience, it's a question of the "value".

For the first time I am starting to question "what am I really getting for all this money?"

Yes they raise prices every year, even multiple times in a year, but for those of us who can only afford to make the trip every few years, seeing 40% increases in ticket prices from the last time makes one pause. Especially since other aspects of the vacation, plane tickets, villa, rental van have stayed pretty steady.

Post Thanks / Like

We will definitely be going again (and again.)

2 Adults 6 day with Park Hopper = $524
    6 nights value during value season and discount rate ($69) = $414

Total = $938

We are not rich, but that is totally doable, and worth it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by disneybob View Post
    So it's not a question of the quality of the experience, it's a question of the "value".
    You know I'm normally very hard on Disney, because I expect a lot from them and I feel like lately they really haven't met my expectations in a lot of areas.

That being said ... I think $75 for a day in a Disney theme park is still one of the greatest bargains going. Look what else you can get for that price ...

Concert tickets? They're normally $95 for the cheap seats now and the experience lasts maybe 2 hours? Doing a Disney park can be a 10 or 12 hour day.

Sporting event? Again ... $75 typically buys you one of the worst seats in the house (baseball excluded) and you'll be there for 3 or 4 hours tops.

Heck, even things like museum admissions and lousy theme parks like Six Flags are climbing up these days.

I know people hate to see prices rising, but first off it's silly to focus on the one day prices because how many people here really buy one day passes? I mean a 10 day pass with the Hopper feature AND the Water Parks and More option is like $335. That works out to $35 a day, which is a steal if you ask me.

Or you can go the AP route, which works out to 365 days of admission for just $617. That's a mere $1.69 per day!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You know I'm normally very hard on Disney, because I expect a lot from them and I feel like lately they really haven't met my expectations in a lot of areas.

That being said ... I think $75 for a day in a Disney theme park is still one of the greatest bargains going. Look what else you can get for that price ...

Concert tickets? They're normally $95 for the cheap seats now and the experience lasts maybe 2 hours? Doing a Disney park can be a 10 or 12 hour day.

Sporting event? Again ... $75 typically buys you one of the worst seats in the house (baseball excluded) and you'll be there for 3 or 4 hours tops.

Heck, even things like museum admissions and lousy theme parks like Six Flags are climbing up these days.

I know people hate to see prices rising, but first off it's silly to focus on the one day prices because how many people here really buy one day passes? I mean a 10 day pass with the Hopper feature AND the Water Parks and More option is like $335. That works out to $35 a day, which is a steal if you ask me.

Or you can go the AP route, which works out to 365 days of admission for just $617. That's a mere $1.69 per day!
    Agreed 100%..If i may also add, I believe Disney IS not only VERY affordable but a GREAT value! Ian you gave perfect examples of other entertainment costs.

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, the majority of the American public has already cut out those entertainment costs which you listed. The problem with the increases which Disney keeps making every 6 months is that the majority of people are not getting increases in pay which would keep a WDW vacation from being an affordable vacation destination. Let’s say a person gets a 2% raise. From that 2% increase, people have to cover increased costs for health insurance, property taxes (if they are fortunate enough to own a home) and increases in other necessities. You downplay the cost of a trip to Six Flags, but for many people it is a much more affordable trip for a family as they do not have the extra cost of traveling great distances and accommodations. To go to Six Flags is a great luxury for many! Because for many people,they may now only have $1000 for a family trips for the year where they used to have $1500-2000 just a couple of years ago. Yes, you lose the theming of a Disney Park, but for a large percentage of people, the difference in cost isn’t close to make a Disney vacation a “good value”.

Look, I am exceptionally fortunate in that I make a very good living and make more than your average person (man or woman) makes in their mid to late 30’s, so I have more disposable income, especially since I do not have any dependents. But, I also realize I am in the minority and want the gap between the “haves” and “have nots” to stop growing wider.

I really think, though, that next year my sister and I will only go to WDW for a 3 day weekend to enjoy the Food and Wine festival. We will stay at the Swan and Dolphin, as we are eligible for room discounts and pay out of pocket for meals as the Dining Plan has lost a lot of its value with the removal of the appetizer. The tip removal is not a problem for me as we almost always tip at least 20% anyway. This will be a better value for us and we’ll spend more of our vacation dollars on vacation somewhere else. Now that my Mom is in much better health, she and Dad are back to traveling to different places like we did when I was younger and they are encouraging us to do the same once again. Still have a lot of places and things to do to cover some of the things in the book “1,000 places to see before I die” .
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Hammer ---

I can understand what you are saying:

My husband gets a raise every year from his full-time job. One week later...right on schedule.... we get notice that our medical insurance is going up the same amount (difference is within pennies).

So --- in 6 years, he hasn't gotten a 'raise'.

Make sense?

We're still living off the same income he made in the year 2001.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if the increase is to put on better staff, and maintain everything better within the parks, then it is money well spent. However if it is juast a move to improve the stockholdings more then no way.

Yes Disney is a business. But what bewsides a mouse can they offer me? Here in Baltimore I have access to 2 close parks; Hershey and six Flags. Two other parks Kingsdominion and Busch Gardens. All within a 1 -3 hour driving distance. What does Disney have over the other places except it takes more money for about the some thing that Disney offers.

I know people will burn me at the stake for this, but I had more fun at Universal, IOA and Sea World than I did at Disney
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

I know people will burn me at the stake for this, but I had more fun at Universal, IOA and Sea World than I did at Disney
    What happend that made you like all the other parks than Disney? Is it because all the other parks cost cheaper than Disney World or you had a bad time in terms of attractions and overall experience? Nothing against Sea World, Universal, or IOA but none of these parks have that WOW magical feeling factor! I spend a considerable amount of money to go to to Disney World and always gets my money's worth. If I want thrills and preatty good attractions I get my fix in Cedar Point, if I want magic and a wow fator I go to Disney World!
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

Post Thanks / Like

For me, a series of bad experiences with multiple levels of Disney employees on our last trip, combined with rates going up twice a year with attractions shuttered/placed on seasonal status, has made it very hard for me to see/believe in any of the "magic." The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, a series of bad experiences with multiple levels of Disney employees on our last trip,
    That's so funny because out of the 11 years I've been going to WDW not once I have ever had bad experience with a cast member. But it's proabley just bad luck!

combined with rates going up twice a year
    But it's logic sence if the attendance is going up the you raise your prices, if your attendace is down then you decrease your prices...

with attractions shuttered/placed on seasonal status,
    Which attraction are shutterd or even on seasonal stautus? Because I don't know any of them..

has made it very hard for me to see/believe in any of the "magic." The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.

Isn't that how it's always been?

mttafire Guest

Disney attendence is WAY UP. Profit is way up. When these two things happen prices ALWAYS go up. Its called supply and demand. It is just they way things work.I've said it before i'll say it again. Disney..IMHO, is better than ever on all levels.I have never had a bad experience nor noticed a bad C.M. We goto Disney every 2-3 years. I certainly dont look for issues to complain about (which its obvious some do). We are just plain happy to be there and have NEVER been let down in any way. The price to play is a bit more expensive at Disney. I say..Its WELL worth it. The whole Disney vacation destination is second to none in this paradigm. Disney may NOT be affordable to EVERYONE. That is NOT a bad thing. There are things in life i cannot afford but thats just the way it is..Tough for me. I dont want Disney "cheapend" Nothing in life that it free or "cheap" is very worthwhile or nice. Disney has a price point that works VERY well. Obviously they know what they're doing cause the proof is in the numbers. For every person that will "stop" going to Disney there will be another that will go. I will take my family to Disney every 2-3 years. As a DAD its MY responsibility to provide and be able to do that. Sorry for the rant...We just love Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can relate it to this:

Once upon a time, there was a thing called CABBAGE PATCH KIDS. All the kids wanted them. Parents went crazy to get them. And the cost ---- back then ---- was unbelievable. Television stations had coverage of the near-panic crowds going into Toy Stores to get them for Christmas.

Now.... - that they are UNpopular - the same doll can't sell at a Goodwill store for $2.00.

Supply and demand.

The end.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    Disney attendence is WAY UP. Profit is way up. When these two things happen prices ALWAYS go up. Its called supply and demand. It is just they way things work.I've said it before i'll say it again. Disney..IMHO, is better than ever on all levels.I have never had a bad experience nor noticed a bad C.M. We goto Disney every 2-3 years. I certainly dont look for issues to complain about (which its obvious some do). We are just plain happy to be there and have NEVER been let down in any way. The price to play is a bit more expensive at Disney. I say..Its WELL worth it. The whole Disney vacation destination is second to none in this paradigm. Disney may NOT be affordable to EVERYONE. That is NOT a bad thing. There are things in life i cannot afford but thats just the way it is..Tough for me. I dont want Disney "cheapend" Nothing in life that it free or "cheap" is very worthwhile or nice. Disney has a price point that works VERY well. Obviously they know what they're doing cause the proof is in the numbers. For every person that will "stop" going to Disney there will be another that will go. I will take my family to Disney every 2-3 years. As a DAD its MY responsibility to provide and be able to do that. Sorry for the rant...We just love Disney!
    Well said.

Paradigm?
    Jeff

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Well said.

Paradigm?
    Thanks, LOL...Paradigm..I think i used this word properly. Doesnt it mean "medium or pattern,type of?".

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you a 100% It's kinda like the Playstation 3 there's not a demand for it so they decrease there prices, it's pure marketing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.
    My gripe with all these arguments is that the price is only going to hit you the hardest if you buy the 1-3 day passes. Once you get past the third day, the savings are immense. It's Disney's whole point. Get you to stay at their parks, and not wander off to Sea World or USH/IOA.

I know as a consumer, I'd look at the prices and say, "To heck with this, I'm staying at Disney for more days, it's more of a bargain the longer I stay."
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Definition of Paradigm-an example that serves as a pattern or model for something, especially one that forms the basis of a methodology or theory.

Shawn, I think you were fine using that word

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. Yes, attendance is up, but if they keep changing pavilions to convention spaces, how long will the growth be sustained? They are turning one of my favorite parks (Epcot) into a convention facility! For the record, I've not had any bad CM experiences, so I can not speak of that issue. I just think they (Corporate) keep chipping away at the value of an extended WDW vacation. Of course a WDW is not and probably will never be affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can afford to vacation there is going to be shrinking in the near future as the prices keep going up. Before you bring up the low unemployment rate, the jobs which were created to achieve that rate are minimum wage jobs, a segment of the population which is unlikely to be able to afford a WDW vacation.

As I said in my earlier post, I can easily afford to travel to WDW multiple times a year. These changes have reopened my eyes that I have allowed myself to become too parochial in my vacation choices and I can have an equally enjoyable vacation in many destinations worldwide.

Oh, and let's not go there with the man's responsibilities, because that could start me on a whole other discussion ...
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Has Disney ever lowered their park ticket prices? I've only been going for 4 years now so that's all I know.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

They are turning one of my favorite parks (Epcot) into a convention facility!
    How??? The only covention facilty is WoL (for the time being, it's not like it's gonna be like that forever), and the oddessy resturant. I think your overacting entirely, besides the convention places brings TONS of money...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: