Quantcast Sweet Tea - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet Tea

Post Thanks / Like

Snapple iced tea isn't much better than the Nestea sweetened tea that comes out of the drink dispensers. There just isn't anything like fresh brewed sweet tea...there's nothing to compare it to.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Springs
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2011 & 2016 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Snapple is ok...nothing is like home made sweet tea though. It is impossible to get that flavor in a bottle. I am really excited to know that sweet tea will be available...YAY!! It makes my trip sound even better.

**Paige**
    "Though her words are simple and few, listen, listen, shes calling to you..."

Next trip:
    Dec. 6-14, 2007-Pop with Monica...yay!!

Dec. 6-12, 2006-Pop with DH
    May 1999-All Star Music
    June 1998-off property :(

Post Thanks / Like

Add Cosmic Rays to the list of places you can get sweet tea. When we went in August, we could not get it at Liberty Tree for dinner.
    NYE 2008 and 2009 POFQ
    Aug 2008 and 2009 BWV and Poly
    Nov 2003, Jan 2005 and 2006 - AKL
    May 2001 - CR (work)
    Nov 2000 - CSR
    July 2000 - Hilton offsite (work)
    Nov 1999 - CSR
    Aug 1997 - Sheraton offsite

Post Thanks / Like

When we went in August, we could not get it at Liberty Tree for dinner
    When we dined at LTT for dinner in June, we ordered iced tea and regular unsweeteed tea was served. I don't know if it was available in June, but we weren't given a choice of sweet or unsweet, so I would think that it wasn't.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they've had it in the past, but the last few trips we've eaten dinner at LTT and they only had unsweetened tea.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2013 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

OK guys you've hit on a lifelong pet peeve of mine. I absolutely agree that 1) sweet tea is the absolute best beverage- when it's right nothing else comes close- hot weather or cold, thirsty or not, and 2) the alternatives like raspberry tea, Snapple, or canned Nestea are _____ but sometimes that's all you can do... or just order a cola.

I finally got to where I wasn't surprised or offended at casual or family style restaurants that didn't serve sweet tea (esp all those years in OH and PA), but whenever I go to any kind of barbeque or southern home cooking type place that doesn't, I've always said, "then you aren't really BBQ", or "any BBQ place in TX that didn't have sweet tea would close its doors the first day". I have observed that I'm encountering this less and less these days- maybe McDonalds finally "broke the ice" on this issue for us?

However, the most _____ and ______ statement from a server is "our tea is unsweetened, but there's sugar on the table", like ___... I didn't see it there, how silly of me to ask for the tea to already be sweet... Almost as bad is to offer raspberry or peach or onion flavor as a substitute.

Gee whiz, I seem to have written an overly strong post, and now I feel the need to go back and soften it a bit before saying "submit". Those of you as passionate as I am about your sweet tea will have to use your imaginations about how it read the first time...
    Dec 1977 - my 1st MK visit
    1978-1994 - annual 1-day visits from TN OH and PA
    1995 - moved to Orlando
    1995-today - many many short visits with SP's and AP's
    2003-today - taking photos all over WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I think that we have decided to take a gallon or two of sweet tea with us and just keep it in our room. That way we know for sure that we will have some sweet tea. I was very surprised last year when I went and there was no sweet tea. Its the happiest place on earth.....without sweet tea?????Its cool though....It was still a great trip and it will be even better this time!!

**Paige**
    "Though her words are simple and few, listen, listen, shes calling to you..."

Next trip:
    Dec. 6-14, 2007-Pop with Monica...yay!!

Dec. 6-12, 2006-Pop with DH
    May 1999-All Star Music
    June 1998-off property :(

Post Thanks / Like

ok im still really confused on what sweet tea is!
    is it even tea? or just water with tons of sugar in it?
    i wouldnt mind trying it one day..but i dont exactly know what i would be drinking..
    if its just water with sugar...thats weird..i rather have a soda!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet tea is brewed black tea that is sweetened with sugar while still hot and then served over ice. Hope this helps!
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2013 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    See. This just proves what I've said all along - Florida is not a real Southern state. No true Southern state would be lacking in sweet tea. I think the South ends at the GA/AL/FL boarder and FL in some sort of weird breakdown of the time/space continuum where it loops back above the Mason-Dixen line. Either that, or all the carpetbaggers that got kicked out of the other Southern states ended up in Florida.
    We live in the Tampa area and most of the TS restaurants here do indeed serve sweet tea.

For those who are considering bringing/purchasing sweet tea to store in their room refrigerators: Publix is our local supermarket chain, and they sell fresh brewed gallon and half-gallon jugs of sweet tea in their deli section. It's VERY sweet.
    BLT, CR; OKWX2; BCX5; YCX3; Poly; PORX2; WLX4; PopX3; DolphinX3; ASX3

HGVC I-Drive, Seaworld & Parc Soleil, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Gaylord Palms, Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasPrincessAurora View Post
    Sweet tea is brewed black tea that is sweetened with sugar while still hot and then served over ice. Hope this helps!
    thank you!! makes sense now..
    ill have to try it one day!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI, if you order groceries from GardenGrocer they do their shopping at Publix (or did with our order in June). You can get the gallon jugs of sweet tea through them...it was really good, but really, really sweet.
    1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1991 - Port Orleans FQ
    1998 - Wilderness Cabins
    2001 - All Star Music
    2002 - Dolphin
    2003 - Coronado Springs
    2005 - Polynesian
    2013 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I'd like sweet tea much. I prefer my iced tea unsweetened (I don't like to consume too much sugar in general though).
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Since the amount of sugar in good sweet tea seems to be an issue here, I'd like to point out that soft drinks like Coke have something like 10 or 12 tsp of sugar per can, and it seems to me that a cup or 2 of sugar per gallon (my ratio for homemade tea) is at least no worse. Not that soft drinks are good for you...

If I've got my proportions wrong, please offer a correction. I was too lazy to convert cups/gallon to tsp/cup to nail down the comparison ... and I'm an engineer.
    Dec 1977 - my 1st MK visit
    1978-1994 - annual 1-day visits from TN OH and PA
    1995 - moved to Orlando
    1995-today - many many short visits with SP's and AP's
    2003-today - taking photos all over WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a southern gal and grew up on sweet tea. Is there such a thing as too sweet? My grandma is telling me, "NO Way!" As delicious as it is, I have to agree it's no worse than sodas (maybe less so since it doesn't require preservatives for freshness-heck, who can keep it around long enough for it to go bad?) I second the notion the Publix has AWESOME sweet tea. It's very refreshing to have back at the room after a long, hot day in the parks.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

As a Canadian girl, I never understood what "sweet tea" was, just that DD, who is a huge ice tea (nestea up here) fan didn't like it!

It actually sounds like it would be quite tasty, DD aside, I will have to try some on my next trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Since the amount of sugar in good sweet tea seems to be an issue here, I'd like to point out that soft drinks like Coke have something like 10 or 12 tsp of sugar per can, and it seems to me that a cup or 2 of sugar per gallon (my ratio for homemade tea) is at least no worse. Not that soft drinks are good for you...

If I've got my proportions wrong, please offer a correction. I was too lazy to convert cups/gallon to tsp/cup to nail down the comparison ... and I'm an engineer.
    48 teaspoons in a cup, so less than soda if you're using 1 cup per gallon of tea. BUT soda is usually made with high fructose corn syrup which is even worse for you than regular old sugar.

Either way, I'm not a native Texan and only like some lemon in my iced tea. Everyone around me gulps down sweet tea by the gallon, though.
    Last edited by illini; 09-20-2007 at 04:49 PM. Reason: filter didn't like my word!
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    Sorry if I offended any true sweet tea fanatics. Comparing real sweet tea to Snapple is probably similar to comparing New York pizza to Domino's.
    You got that right. There is NO comparison. We tried to get some at the Plaza restauarant in MK but to no avail. I don't drink it all the time but there are certain meals that I HAVE to my sweet tea with. McDonalds has great sweet tea.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Publix sweet tea is OMG sweet. Like whoa sweet.

On any given day you will see 2 pitchers of tea in my fridge. I make my own, decaf sweetened with splenda. I make 2 gallons at a time and put 3/4ths of a cup of splenda in it. That is plenty sweet for me and I like a lot of lemon with my tea.
    My husband thinks I do not put anywhere near enough sugar in mine so he buys the publix which is just grossly sweet to me.

But the best tea in the whole world is made by my Grandmother who lives around the block from me. If I have had a bad day or just really want a good glass of tea, Thats the table you will see me at!

Adding sugar to already iced tea is not Sweet Iced tea. Its tea with sugar in it. It just doesnt work, all the sugar settles at the bottom. You HAVE to add it while its hot!
    Tigerlilly
    Mommy to Parker and Laurie
    First - July 1979
    Most Recent - POFQ, April 29th 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    See. This just proves what I've said all along - Florida is not a real Southern state. No true Southern state would be lacking in sweet tea. I think the South ends at the GA/AL/FL boarder and FL in some sort of weird breakdown of the time/space continuum where it loops back above the Mason-Dixen line. Either that, or all the carpetbaggers that got kicked out of the other Southern states ended up in Florida.
    AMEN! We used to not have to ask anywhere in the south but with all of our travels, we have about decided that our native state of Arkansas is the only place where we don't have to ask any more. My DH always asks at the WDW restaurants and they just look at us funny. So we order something else because we definately don't drink unsweetened.

Quote Originally Posted by mpoppinsgirl View Post
    Thank you all so much. We are going to be eating at both the garden grill and liberty tree tavern. YAY!!! When we were there last year we went to the Concourse steakhouse and the waiter there told me that they did not serve sweet tea anywhere on disney property.. It seems like that was all I wanted after that. I thought we could at least check out that McDonalds this year since its only $1 for a huge glass....yummm. As soon as we left last year we went straight to the cracker barrel (they serve sweet tea no matter where they are located in the US) Anyway, thanks...I am a true Southern girl and I have to have my sweet tea...If I had to go nine days without it...I think I would die!!
    Not quiet true. We have been at several Cracker Barrels that didn't have sweet tea. I know, I know... but when they were first putting them in up north, we went to one in Wisconsin and got the same response as we do at WDW. My DH said "You are a Cracker Barrel, aren't you?" The server just stared at us. How can you represent yourself as a southern/country restaurant if you don't know what sweet tea is?

Anyway, we didn't find sweet tea anywhere in the parks.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: