Quantcast Le Cellier in Review - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    No, I know my wine. It wasn't corked. I just didn't like it. The DH and I each had different wines and we didn't like either one of them. I never send back a wine for simply not appealing to me. There are several wines that Master Sommeliers may like and I don't. Wine is a taste experience and not everything will suit every taste.

You're right in that I can't rule out a whole region because of it-- I was being snarky for fun. Sorry to offend you.
    Didn't offend at all. Just thought from the review it sounded like the wine was bad and offered advice. I've seen too many people over the years who are hesitant to send a bad bottle back. Obviously not so in this case.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I forgot to mention the bread- seems to be a trend with me in my reviews. The pretzel bread was really good. We only got four sticks and two were not pretzel but all of them were very good. I've heard of some people having rushed service and I've heard of wonderful service, so I do think it's up and down and just make sure you take your time and don't let servers rush you, within reason.

The restaurant had a warm, charming atmosphere that was hindered somewhat by too many tables placed too closely together-- but again, that's the issue of Le Cellier being so in demand.
    I agree. We really enjoyed the pretzel bread, but the others not so much. The food was good, but not outstanding. At least it didn't live up to the hype, especially the cheese soup. The steaks were tender, but overcooked (at least mine was).

We would eat there again IF we can get an early dining reservation. When we there last week we had an 8:40 reservation. It was nearly 9:00 before we were seated and after 10:30 before we could leave. The problem was the park closed at 9:00 and by the time we made our way to the front of Epcot, the buses to POP had stopped running. We were finally able to get there after some bus hopping, but it was a real pain and made for a very late night.

Bottom line: Certainly worth going to, but don't build your trip around it. There are plenty of other good restaurants to choose from.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I loved LeCellier on our trip in January, and apparently DD5 did, too, because it was the only place she wanted to go to again.

I was more than a little disappointed last Friday when we were there for lunch.

should probably post my own dining review, so as not to hijack SBETigg's wonderfully-well-written review.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

We had a wonderful time at Le Cellier just a few weeks ago. We ate at 3 sitdown and 2 buffet restaurants on the trip, and the Cast Members at Le Cellier were the nicest ones that we encountered. That's not to say that Cast Members at the other restaurants were bad. On the contrary, we experienced friendly folks at each and every restaurant where we ate, but the Canadians were extra friendly. My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the cheddar cheese soup, and I had filet mignon with cream cheese mashed potatoes, which was my favorite entree of the entire trip. The only negative thing I can say about Le Cellier is that the dessert selection wasn't to our liking, but I did end up enjoying what I ordered even though my wife didn't enjoy hers. Overall, it was a great experience, and we might eat there again in the future.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My DS15 and my DD13 and I have ADR for lunch in November. I appreciate all the comments about this restaurant.

In my experience, sometimes the wait staff and the host staff are overwhelmed and just an ounce of extra patience will pay off for a more relaxing dining experience. I used to work for several restaurants as a hostess and during "peak" times it is quite stressful. I couldn't even imagine what it must be like to work as a host or a wait staff employee at Disney.
    Visted Disney World since 1975
    Disney treehouses 1980's
    All-Star Movies 1990's

All-Star Music 2000-2005
    All-Star Movies March 2007
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa June 2007
    All-Star Movies 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I usually want the server to go away!! they start with the explanation of what all the bread represents and then my husband loves to hear them explain his favorite beer: Maudite(something about the devil, christmas, and a flying boat, lol) I'm like shut up and bring my food!
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier is still one of my favorites. The Mushroom Filet is one of my favorite WDW dishes! I'm counting the days until my next visit (113 days)!

Sorry to hear about the service you experienced!
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I ate at LeCellier last december when we were there and it was great!!! Our service was great and everything we ordered tasted very good. It was our favorite dinner while we were there. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it as much as we did.

**Paige**
    "Though her words are simple and few, listen, listen, shes calling to you..."

Next trip:
    Dec. 6-14, 2007-Pop with Monica...yay!!

Dec. 6-12, 2006-Pop with DH
    May 1999-All Star Music
    June 1998-off property :(

Post Thanks / Like

We are eating there for the first time on our next trip, I hope we aren't rushed.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post! I had a similar experience there. I thought the food was pretty good I got the Cheddar Soup and the prime rib. I thought the soup was a little on the salty side but still really good. The prime rib was probably the best cut of meat I have ever had in my life!

The service: Very,very pushy! Being from NYC I am used to service that is fast. However there is a difference between fast and pushy. I dont remember the waitress we had but I remember her practically sneering at us when we asked for more bread.

But anyway the meal was good but the service stinks. I wouldnt eat there again.
    Mike D.

Coronado Springs: Aug 2008
    Pop Century: 2007
    Port Orleans French Quarter: 2006
    All Star Music: 2005
    Offsite: 1994

LETS GO YANKEES

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: