Quantcast 14 hour drive with 4 year olds. Possibility? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

your trip is doable. we drive down every year to visit my mom she is aprrox. 16 hours away. DBF and I have a 3 yr old DD and a 4 yr old DD. we start late in the afternoon and we have a double screen portable DVD player ( BIG HELP). we stop for dinner and I then drive thru the night. we stop at south of the border to change drivers and get gas. the girls sleep thru the night in the vehicle and we also bring books for daylight. we also stop to stretch and let the DD's out to stretch their legs as well. With enough planning and car activities you should have a great trip. We wish you the best of luck and hope you have a magical experience. I hope the twins have a great birthday as well.. I am also a December Baby and i have always wated to go to disney for my birthdayBUt the Db's job does not allow vacation time during the christmas season. I really hate retail now LOL.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post

I don't mean to be negative and a lot of people have done the drive and love it but if the reason for driving is monetary, it may not actually be as worth the drive and it sounds. Just wanted to give another view.

90 more days!!!!
    The Drive cost me $400 to $500 in gas and $100 for the room total $600. To fly cost me $500 per ticket * 4 tickets total of $2000.00. If you add into it that I can bring breakfast food from home to eat at Disney, driving is way cheaper.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wedway fan View Post
    can't recommend books-on-tape enough...the kids seem to get totally immersed in a story, and they're a nice (often quiet) break from DVD's.
    Another for the books on tape. They also allow for some drifting off to sleep which the DVD player seems to make harder for my kids (since they have to focus on seeing the movie).

Post Thanks / Like

I tell ya after flying from the the Twin Cities to Egypt with a 3 year old anything is possible. We flew from Minneapolis to Amsterdam to Egypt. The longest most boring flights of my life there's only so much you can do on airplane for so many hours.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Four is a great age. I don't think there will be a problem at all. We have made the trip with much younger children. It is an 18 hour drive for us. So, when we take the twins for the in the Spring we are going to stop half way (exactly 9 hours). We aren't planning on driving through the night. We are going to have TVs. And we have never really stopped that much. But, I think that stopping half way and letting them swim in the pool will help survive the second day.

Post Thanks / Like

Still can't decide on the night driving, or splitting the drive up. I'm thinking that flying is out. I realize that hotel and dining cost do bring the cost of the drive up to near that of flying, but I am also looking forward to having my own vehicle to bring everything I want to pack. We are also going to Sea World and the beach, so I'd hate to think of hauling everything around in a rental. A December trip is going to require us to pack more clothes (don't know if we will need shorts or parkas!), so with our family of four we may also need a U-Haul.

We are not planning to do anything our day of arrival, maybe go swimming and to Downtown Disney. This may allow the night time drive to work.

Thanks to everyone for your input and ideas. I am so excited and cannot wait!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: