Quantcast Super Secret Disney Experiences?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Secret Disney Experiences?

Hi, all. Quick introduction: graduate student, DVC member, Disney fanatic since I could drool on a stuffed Donald Duck (sometime before graduate school).

Okay, so this is a kinda strange request, I guess, but that's what I do. As I've said, big time Disney kookoobird, and hence, have done pretty much everything Mouse several times over. As such, I've been adding to the repertoire in recent years: golf (no secret, but surprisingly underhyped), various walkways and footpaths, resort hopping, etc. Though every year I have a blast and find something new and fun to do, I always return wishing to do more.

Hopefully, with what must be several squintillion hours of combined Disney experience on this board, some new funzies might be headed my way. My next trip is early January, between semesters, so if nothing else, additional tips for enhanced R&R would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance, y'all!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!

Have you done any of the tours? We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years ago and enjoyed it so much! We have also been wanting to try the Segway tour at Epcot- heard great things about it!
    Good luck!
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

There's a new Segway tour/experience at Fort Wilderness.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

I would look into dining with an imagineer!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Take a liesurely ride around Bay Lake on a pontoon boat. We love to go out for an hour or so - grabbing a snack and drink to take with us. Then we time it so we get by the Wilderness Lodge to see the geyser. An hour gives us plenty of time to go from one end to the other, seeing Fort Wilderness to the Poly. It's a very different perspective on some of your favorite sites! Have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

In addition to the tours what about a self designed scavenger hunt or trivia thing if your going with a group?

Or a goal to find X number of hidden mickey's a day?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We have also tried to find as many hidden mickeys as we could, that was fun.

I like the idea of the pontoon boat, DH would prefer a water mouse though I'm sure.

DH loves the Segway tour. If you take the one before WS opens you get kinda a neat, behind the scene action.

Have fun, I look forward to seeing more interesting things people come up with.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Question

This may sound kind of childish, but since you mentioned drooling...

One adventure added to our last trip was the penny presses. Our son bought the book and had a fun time finding the penny press machines in the parks, at the resorts, etc. and filling the whole book! Each machine makes a different impression on your penny. It's not all that exciting but can take you off the beaten path and we saw "different" things by seeking out the machines. Plus, it's not too expensive.
    Jen C=:)

Post Thanks / Like

You've found the right place for your Disney-craziness

We've bought the Imagineering books, and take the time in each park to find all of the "hidden" jokes and tributes. Slows the trip down a bit, but really neat.

In MGM, we ended up teaching some of the CM's a thing or two (they were wondering why we were all crowded around a particular spot, and then we showed them the book...and they loved it!)
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite activities to do that isn't well known is the nature trail from the back of WL over to FW campground. It is a nice walk as long as it isn't too hot and the state bird (mosquito) isn't in force. I like the stables at FW where they stable all of the horses that work at MK.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Try a 7 AM fishing trip out of the Y&B in the sping or fall and go over to the World Showcase. It's a great view of the World from the middle of the lake and if you go in October, the sun will just be coming up. and nobody is in the park yet. Plus the fishing can be pretty good too.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been to Hoop de Doo?

Try renting a canoe at Fort Wilderness and canoeing the canals. Or rent a bike and bicycle through the campground.

Book a carriage ride or take a hay ride.

Pick a tour - as others have noted. Have you tried the Behind the Seeds Tour in the Land?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagotodisneyworld View Post
    One adventure added to our last trip was the penny presses. Our son bought the book and had a fun time finding the penny press machines in the parks, at the resorts, etc. and filling the whole book!
    We did that our last trip and filled a whole book! You can actually get a print out for free of all the machines in all the parks and even DTD from Town Hall in the MK. THe list was pages and pages long and it tells you exactly what image is where. It really was fun trying to find what we needed.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

First off, let me say this: gosh golly, you folks sure are friendly and helpful! I've been an Intercot reader and fan for a while, but this certainly cinched it.

The tours are one thing I've had interest in doing yet, for whatever reason, haven't gotten around to so far--that might be a good place to start. I've done the Behind The Seeds tour at The Land, and that was a really great time, educational and fun (I freely admit my nerd status). The thought of riding a Segway around Epcot in particular tickles my fancy... and going from 6 foot 2 to 6 foot 10 with wheels and a snazzy helmet? Sign me up!

Dinner with an Imagineer sounds like a dream come true, as I find the world of Imagineering to be utterly fascinating. And if it's coupled with Artist Point cuisine, knock me over with a feather.

Don't want to go point-by-point and risk inducing sleep in people at work, but thanks again for the most wonderful suggestions, and I look forward to this vacation now more than ever

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy booking a very early breakfast at the Magic Kingdom, usally an hour before the park opens. It's kinda fun wandering around the park with no one there.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: