Quantcast Crystal Palace

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Crystal Palace

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crystal Palace

I just made a reservation for Crystal Palace for Dec. 8, the first night of my hubbie and son's trip. I tried for Liberty Tree Tavern but it was all booked. By the way, I couldn't any ressie for Rose and Crown all week!
    Anyway, I've never been to Crystal Palace and would enjoy hearing some "reviews." Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Before we all delve into our reviews of CP, here are two things you might want to check out on INTERCOT's InfoCentral: the menu and pictures taken at the dinner buffet.

The menu varies from evening to evening, but we've always enjoyed dining there. They have everything from salads to carved meats and grilled or roasted fish, to dessert including make your own sundaes (we don't quite remember if they have syrup but they do have the soft-serve machines and sprinkles). My personal favorites are their mashed potatoes, the vegetable curry and the pork tenderloin.

The characters, of course, make the experience fun and seeing the littlest ones in the room react to a first encounter of the close kind with Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger is always heartwarming and reminds me of why I love DisneyWorld so much.
    Last edited by ElenitaB; 12-01-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Correcting my grammar!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks so much!

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

The Desserts At Crystal Palace Are Great! They Offer A Large Variety-
    I Like The Desserts Here The Best.
    The Food Varieties Do Vary Day To Day- And Arent So Bad For A Buffet.
    Nothing Amzing - But Still Very Yummy!
    The Characters Here Are So Adorable And March Around In A Parade With The Kids. Have Fun

Post Thanks / Like

My family had a wonderful experience at Crystal Palace a few years ago, especially compared to other character meals. The buffet is solid and acceptable, and the interaction is strong.

I prefer Crystal Palace to the other popular option, Chef Mickey's.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

My experience was GREAT at CP.. I mentioned to them on the res. that it was my honeymoon; we got to the table and there was a big heart on the able made out of mickey confetti, and a certificate signed by all the 100 acre woods characters. Then the chef came out and gave us a personal tour of the buffet, pointing out all the meatless things (I am a veggie). He also offered to make me whatever I wanted.

It was a great time, I would recommend it to anyone.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Another positive experience here! We also went on our honeymoon and were given a decorated table (and a cupcake at the end). The food is so plentiful and amazing, we ate ourselves silly! I even got a great pic with Tigger.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

CP is wonderful. Best buffet at WDW (at least that I've tried). They have a great offering in the salad section-- unusual items and tons of variety. The hot section is also more unusual and has more options than typical WDW buffets. I think it's much better than Chef Mickey's, if you've eaten there.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Default CP was a surprise

On our last trip we did CP for the first time in many years- It was terrific- alot of good choices, food was fresh and plentiful. And the buffet moves very well.
    They are also very organized with the character greetings unlike some other places.

Finally the waiter we had was so good i went and gave him an "applause" afterwards. Piglet came bye and on of my twins had their pen run out of ink, so he could not sign her autograph book. This could have been bad, because she is a Piglet fan and this was the first time she ever had the chance for his aut. The waiter ran over to the front area,got her a new pen and got it to Piglet before he had to move to the next table. He then told her to keep it and gave her a spare. He really didnt have to do it, but he did. I was impressed.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: