Quantcast Boma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Boma

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boma

Considering Boma on next trip, just wanted to get some feedback.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love everything about it - especially the prime rib, soups, zebra domes. It's been a "must-do" for me every year since it opened. I'll be going back in about a month.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Another Intercotee from Louisville? How cool is that? I was reading this thread beacause we too are planning our 1st dining experience at Boma for our trip next year & was so surprised! Glad to hear that you enjoy it so! I've only ever heard good things about it & we are so anxious to see the AKL!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Boma wa the hit of our Dining experience last October, better than La Cellier for us!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Boma is an unforgettable dining experience, so many dishes to try and each one a treat. I want to go back to get to try some of the things I missed because it was all so good and we filled up fast. The soups are amazing. We started with soup and could have had an all-soup meal, but we did make it to the prime rib, salmon, and lots of other unique and amazing foods. You don't have to be an overly adventurous eater to enjoy Boma, because there was something for all tastes. I was very excited to try it and it did not disappoint. Plus, having the chance to check out the AKL was also a good time. Enjoy!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boma

Best buffet dining on property.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I just had a not so good experience. I had the bar set really high (being a vegetarian and all). It didn't live up to the hype for me.

The salmon was amazing. That was about it. Everything else was just... okay. The soups weren't as out of this world as I was hoping for and everything else just didn't seem to fit together well in my mouth. Everything was so totally different that it just didn't work for me. Our waiter was a little stand offish and wasn't all that friendly. We're talkative people and like it when people make conversation with us. He just didn't seem to do that. Oh well.

We'll probably try again in a few years.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We were expecting a taste explosion when we went to Boma the first time. Being from Louisiana, we eat about anything.
    Some of the things were excelent, some thing were weird. Overall, a very good buffet though.

We all found our favorites. I enjoy some of the soups, the ribs, salmon, breads and dessert. My DD LOVES the prime rib, and DH loves everything.

We book Boma every trip and each time we find something new to love.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I ate at Boma for breakfast once and it was just average. Most of the food was the same as all breakfast buffets, with only a few additions. The Frunch Juice, however, was excellent!

Some day I'll get to Boma for dinner...

Post Thanks / Like

Boma is a wonderful choice! We visit AK Lodge just to eat there. On our upcoming trip we have ressies for two different days!

If you are expecting food more on the level of Emeril's Orlando, you will probably be dissapointed. (We've eaten there, too, and can't wait to go back. ) If that's what you're looking for at AK Lodge, I would try Jiko. Although I've never eaten there, I've heard it's good and it looks more like "fine dining."

But if you're looking for a unique experience and a spread of interesting, and in our opinion delicious, food choices (and all-you-can-eat zebra domes ) than Boma is great. The hosts/hostesses are dressed in traditional clothing, and the restaurant has a warm, comfortable feeling. Plus, we haven't felt crowded at our table like you can at some buffets.

You won't see animals from Boma, but you can arrive early or stay later and stroll around.

I highly recommend you try Boma at least once. You may just find yourself returning every trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We thoroughly enjoy Boma. Ate there a week ago yesterday . If it's possible, Boma has gotten even better than our last visit, IMO. Such a wonderful selection of really tasty, fresh food - especially for a buffet. It's hard to find that quality and variety of food on a buffet.

There's like 6 soups to choose from so there's something for everyone. It's a very large buffet so go hungry and definitely save room for dessert!

Oh, and it's frequently crowded, especially during normal dinner hours. We joked that we should look for the fast pass for the start of the line

I hope you decide to give it a try.
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We weren't impressed, and we're very adventurous eaters. I didn't find the food to be representative of African food that I'm accustomed to; it was much more bland and just plain blah. The prime rib was the best we've had on a Disney buffet-- medium rare was actually an option! And a couple of the soups were fabulous. Otherwise, we found it pretty unappealing and boring. Even the zebra domes were a HUGE disappointment to me. As I ate dinner, I kept thinking, "at least there's still the zebra domes." I nearly wept when I tried one and didn't like it.
    Anyway, you'll find a very high rate of positive comments here about Boma. I just wanted to balance that with my own personal opinion. But even with all that said, I do think it's worth trying at least once so you can decide for yourself.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Boma is an unforgettable dining experience, so many dishes to try and each one a treat. I want to go back to get to try some of the things I missed because it was all so good and we filled up fast. The soups are amazing. We started with soup and could have had an all-soup meal, but we did make it to the prime rib, salmon, and lots of other unique and amazing foods. You don't have to be an overly adventurous eater to enjoy Boma, because there was something for all tastes. I was very excited to try it and it did not disappoint. Plus, having the chance to check out the AKL was also a good time. Enjoy!

Sherri, we'll be trying BOMA next week because of your awesome review! I'm so looking forward to telling you all about it when we get back!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Sherri, we'll be trying BOMA next weeks because of your awesome review! I'm so looking forward to telling you all about it when we get back!
    Pressure! If you don't like it, you'll have me to blame. Looking forward to your report.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading these reviews. We will be eating at Boma for the first time next week. We are looking forward to it!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Share This Thread On Social Media: