Quantcast Stuck on rides? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on rides?

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip we got stuck on Winnie the Pooh. the thing is, it is my autistic son's favorite movie and his favorite ride. We got stuck in the room with the Huffelumps and Woozles - his favorite part of the movie - for about 10 minutes or so. It was like heaven for him. My DW said it was God's little gift to him to get stuck in that exact place.

I guess getting stuck can be sometimes be the best part of your trip!
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like we've been stuck on Pooh every time we've gone on. I don't think we've gone straight through it once.

On our last trip we were also stuck for a short time in small world.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Never really got upset getting stuck on a ride. Sometimes it is annoying at the end of It's A Small World (have never been on it where you don;t sit at the end waiting for at least 3 boats in front of you to unload/reload and move on so you can get off.
    When we went a few years ago, my parents went on Space Mountain, my wife, son and I walked around and then got on the TTA, when we went through Space Mountain the lights were on and the ride stopped.
    About an hour later we met up with my parents again, and they said they were stuck somewhere on the track and the lights came on. Of course we did not see each other, but still funny.
    °O° Von Drake °O°
    10 trips before 2000 | 2001 Offsite | 2001 SOG | 2002 CR | 2005 ASSp & SOG | 2006 OffSite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 POP | 2008 POP & SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Two that stick out most to me-
    the first is Splash Mnt, right at the point were your boat starts to climb to the top we stopped.
    We were in the front seat (just covered by the overhang) when it started to rain. The people behind us went nuts, they didn't speak english so we don't know what they were saying. They got out of the boat so they could stand under the overhang. The CM's came running over and made them leave the ride. I don't know what the problem was, they would have gotten soaked anyway. The second, HM stopped at the hitch hiking ghosts spot. The ghost was positioned right in the center of Husband and me. When the ride started, the ghosts head tilted and landed right on my husbands shoulder. Just like they were sweethearts. It was so funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kathiep View Post
    I feel like we've been stuck on Pooh every time we've gone on. I don't think we've gone straight through it once.

On our last trip we were also stuck for a short time in small world.
    we ALWAYS get stuck either right before, right after, or right at "HOORAY"... like, my DD tells me we are going to stop. Ugh.

Yesterday, we got stuck on Buzz for a good 5 minutes or so. DD, who is 3, got 32,100!!! and I got 776,200!!!!!!!! heck yeah. But I guess it isn't fair since we were stuck in a room and I just aimed and shot for the same one over and over...lol DD I think just got lucky. But it's her favorite ride so she really enjoyed getting stuck there.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

There are only three times that I can think of right now.

**Haunted Mansion - We get stuck in the hall with the shaking doors. That part kind of creeps me out anyways but having to sit in a doom buggy with "ghosts" trying to get out after you is a bit freaky. I would HATE being stuck in the graveyard with the ghosts popping out.

**Spaceship Earth - We got stuck for about 15 minutes at the top with the view of "earth" except we had already turned and were prepared to go down. So, we got a nice view of black nothingness. Kind of ruined what could have been a romantic WDW moment.

**Pirates - This one we thought would be fun to get stuck on. We ended up getting stuck at the very end with Jack with all of his jewels. Not so entertaining. It was the worst 15 minutes i'd ever spent in WDW. It was hot at that point too and we just wanted out.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyChick View Post
    When we were there in January, we got stuck on Its a Small World in front of the hula dancers toward the end. All the boats piled up bumped into one another and we just sat and listened to the song over and over again. It wasn't horrible, but it's not an experience I want to relive.
    I can relate. The same thing happened to me. Listening to 10-15 minutes of the song sung over and over again drove me insane. I was ready to jump ship. I never wanted to hear It's a Small World again. Now whenever I go on the ride and the typical backup starts, I panic. Luckily it usually moves right along.

Post Thanks / Like

On my HS senior class trip (grad nite) we got stuck in Its a Small World...oh goodness....that was the worst thing to happen to a 17 year old. That song just wouldn't go away.

I think Now I would appreciate being stuck on a ride to pay attention to the small details or be able to find that darn hidden Mickey.
    2003 - Off site
    2004 - Jan PC, Mar ASM, June Off site
    2005 - Sept POR

2007 - Feb CBR
    2008-CS Conference & Family Vacation AKL
    2009 - Oct ASMo (just me and my little man)

Go Big Red!

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip (Oct) we got stuck on Buzz Lightyear twice. The second time was during our Dream Magic Hour, we were stuck for about 10-15 minutes, talk about the wrong time for it too happen.
    I've also been stuck on Expedition Everest and it was the first time I ever rode it. Scared me half to death.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

omg, if i ever got stuck on that hill on EE i would most definitely have an accident!

last year DH and i got stuck on GMR (traditional first ride of every trip). it was our first time going together and i had BEGGED for the trip forever! and the first ride - stuck!

we got stuck on the gangster scene and it played FOUR times! the "gangster" that took over the car tried his best to stay in character and was cracking jokes. poor guy. after the third time he just gave up. finally we moved and got stuck in alien for a while and then munckin land. saw the witch three times.

it was all pretty funny really!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Back on our first trip, my sister and I were stuck in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for about five minutes at the part where it's completely pitch black (I think this was the part where the train sounds like it's coming at you), and considering she was only six at the time she handled it VERY well.. haha....
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Before the HM rehab we got stuck on it several times. The first time we got stuck at the dining room/dancing part for about 10 minutes. It was kind of neat to take in all the details and talk to the people in the doom buggies on both sides of us.
    The next time was probably for about 5 to 8 minutes and it was in the seance part. That one about drove us nuts...hearing the same monologue over and over and over!
    I've also been stuck on Buzz for a few minutes but got to rack up some points. And we actually had to walk out of the Great Movie Ride once. We got stuck in the Western section there.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We had never had this happen until our last trip. Then we got stuck on 3 different rides in the MK all during the same day! Only a few minutes, each on Buzz & Peter Pan, with the longest in the HM, we were turned backwards & looking at a crow. An announcement was made several times about the ghosts pulling pranks or something to that effect. I can't remember, but I bet my DS's could! This has never been one of their fav's & it kinda freaked them out!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

My in laws and DH were stuck on Pirates for 45 minutes once, next to the auction scene. Now DH repeats the dialogue OVER AND OVER whenever we are on that ride.

Once we got stuck on Buzz for 10 minutes. I got a GREAT score! We've also been stuck on HM halfway through the descent into the graveyard so we were tilted backwards. It was actually pretty comfy.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck in September 07 on HM twice. Once at the clock and once at the wall right before you turn backwards. Then in January 08 we got stuck again on HM in the ballroom scene. Each time it was 5 minutes or so. We also stopped for 5 mins in Snow White and the lights came on. Also both trips we got stuck in the last scene on CoP and for a brief moment in Buzz both times in the tunnel!
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like

--HM @ WDW: in front of Madam Leota nearly everytime.

--HM @ DL: One car away from the lap bar rising at the exit, the CMs would not let us squeeze out (no hard feelings) and we had to sit there next to the moving walkway for 15 minutes.

--Roger Rabbit @ DL: First trip to DL, apparently RR reopened that day for the first time after a bad accident. We waited forever, then got stuck in the "falling off a building" room. CMs has to come through and WALK us off the ride. They let us stop and take pictures and everything!

--Spaceship Earth: At the end with the backwards decline for a good 45 min, emergency lights turned on right next to us and I had to put on sunglasses...it was so funny.

--POTC/Small World: Boats clogging up near the end, slow ride, repetitive dialog, etc.

--West Elevators, middle one @ Dolphin hotel: Not really a ride, but I was maybe 6 years old and we were there ON Halloween and got stuck on the 13th floor (no lie) for about half an hour.
    Led to an permanent aversion to ToT...
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

Got stuck on Buzz a couple of times. That was actually a lot of fun. It's probably the best ride to be stuck on.

The other time was on Test Track. We got stuck going up the hill with the little trees. Oh my we were there FOREVER it seemed. It turned out there was a sudden heavy storm that came through. When we finally burst through the doors everything was wet and there were tiny tree branches and leaves everywhere.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I got stuck on Splash Mountain for a longgg time, prob about 20 mins. We were on the outside part of the ride when you get a view of all of Magic Kingdom so not so bad.

Also last time I was there, when we were just about to get on Expedition Everest (actually already in out seats) they had to shut down the ride cause people were stuck INSIDE the mountain (yikes!). They ended up having us get off. If we had been there 5 minutes earlier we would have gotten stuck.. Yikes!
    Upcoming Trips:
    September 17-26, 2009: Bouncing Back for Free Dining at POFQ

Past Disney Trips:
    February 24-March 3, 2007: Coronado Springs
    September 25- October 4, 2008: POFQ Water View, Dolphins in Depth Tour

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on Buzz Lightyear in Disneyland about a month ago. It was awesome! We got stuck at a part where if you hit the target a monster pops out of a box and when you hit the monster you get a ton of points. I got over like 300,000 pts. It was great cause my boyfriend and I always have a competition and I killed him. It was fantastic!
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I got stuck in Peter Pan, twice in one ride of it. Apparently someone kept on getting up or sticking their hands out because they turned off the music/voiceovers of the characters and a voice kept on saying to please sit in our seats (seemed recorded). The next time, however, a CM actually came on and said, "If you don't sit down we won't continue the ride and remove you". We were looking around to see who it was but couldn't see. We were in the scene above the boat battle, and Tick Tock's teeth were clacking in the silence. Scary! No, just kidding. It wasn't.
    laughingplace<3
    Juliet S.

Por favor mantengase alejandro de las puertas.

Last Trip: Pop Century August 2007
    Next Trip: Pop Century August 2009 (with best friend!)
    VMK- PrincessJuliet

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: