Quantcast Ride in front - monorail

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ride in front - monorail

How do you get to ride up front on the monorail, just ask? Also, there will be 5 of us. Will there be room for all of us if we get the chance to ride in the front?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope...only 4 passengers can ride with the Pilot. It is still something you should do if you can. I would willingly give up my seat up front for the kids to ride with the other parent. It's pretty cool.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, all you do is just ask. We've done it several times where on parent will ride in back so the kids can enjoy it. Its fun to take pictures and my daughter got the operator's signature in her book.
    2003 - Off site
    2004 - Jan PC, Mar ASM, June Off site
    2005 - Sept POR

2007 - Feb CBR
    2008-CS Conference & Family Vacation AKL
    2009 - Oct ASMo (just me and my little man)

Go Big Red!

Post Thanks / Like

All you have to do is ask the cast member that is monitoring the gates. You may have to wait if there is somebody up front already and they are not getting off at your stop. You won't be able to get 5 people up front with the piolt, but the view is pretty sweet
    1976 offsite (thanks Mom Love ya!!)
    2000 Off site
    2002 All Star Music
    2004 Riverside
    2006 Riverside
    2006 Coronado Springs
    2006/07 Offsite (New Years Eve)
    2007 - 2011 Riverside
    2011 off site
    2011 - Pop Century
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to get your monorail drivers license from the pilot! Each person gets a business card sized monorail drivers license upon completion of their journey.

We've done it tons of times. The Epcot loop is the longest but you can see so much more on the resort monorail too.

The drivers are always nice and your kids will think it is the coolest thing ever!

Post Thanks / Like

its so fun!
    just ask every time you wait on a monorail.
    its easier to get on at a resort i think.
    also once on we just do a lap.
    we gwet off and wait on the next one and just ride it like the common folks.
    16 FW, SS
    15 CS, FW
    14 CS,FW,POR
    13 BCW
    12 BC
    11 BC
    10 FW
    09 DEC
    08 FW,POR
    07 OK, SS, CBR, POR
    06 POLY,AS,FW,YC
    05 SS,FW
    04 GF,CR,POLY,POP,ASM
    03 BC,WL
    02 AKL
    01 WLV,GF
    00 BC
    99 POLY, POR
    98 CS,BW
    97 C
    96 FQ,OK
    95 CB,BW
    94 WL
    93 OKW
    92 DL
    91 RMG
    90 RMG
    83 TH
    76 V
    71 HI

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! That's my favorite ride. My friend and I did this twice last time we were at WDW. We just asked and you get to ride. I have two pilots licenses and its' great. We did the Epcot loop and the MK loop. way too much fun. only 4 people up front. you have to do it, even if you ahve to wait for the next monorail
    I Want Adventure In The Great Wide Somewhere!!

Kiss The Girl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    All you have to do is ask the cast member that is monitoring the gates. You may have to wait if there is somebody up front already and they are not getting off at your stop. You won't be able to get 5 people up front with the piolt, but the view is pretty sweet
    Exactly.

I read this advice before our trip, and it worked perfectly. Here was my experience.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's. Wanted to ride the monorail loop rather than take the short walk back to Magic Kingdom.

We were the only people at the monorail line. I asked the grandfatherly CM at the gate if we could ride up front, and he said yes, as long as it was available.

The train pulled in, and we saw there was a family in the front with the pilot. We were thrilled when we saw them get out. Just as we saw that family get out, a man dashed out of one of the rear monorail cars and dashed to the front of the train to talk to the pilot, who was standing at the open door of his front compartment.

I could see from the body language that the man must have asked to bring his family to the front car, and that the pilot turned him down. The man went back to join his family.

My wife and I and our then-6 and 4 year olds walked up to the pilot. I asked if we could enter and he initially said NO in a very steely and un-Disney manner. I then used the secret password ... I told him I'd already asked and gotten permission from the CM manning the platform (whose name I used at that time but have since forgotten).

The pilot totally changed his attitude at that moment. He smiled and welcomed us aboard. And my kids got co-pilot's licenses during the beautiful nighttime ride around the lagoon.

Seems to be the way to do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    We did this, and my 3 DC thought it was the greatest! I sat up front w/ them, and DH rode behind us. I put the pilot licenses in our scrapbook.
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

We did this twice on our last trip. The first time was during the day and the pilot was OK - not a lot of interaction but pleasant.

The second time was as we were leaving MNSSHP. The view at night is awesome. Add a super fun and informative pilot to the mix and my kids were thrilled.

They got their licenses both times but the second pilot also had big button pins for them and the monorail trading card set.

It was truly magical.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! This is another great thing I learned from Intercot. Can't wait to do it now.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: