Quantcast POST #301!!! What character have you had the best interaction with?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default POST #301!!! What character have you had the best interaction with?

POST #301!!! Awesome

And for this post, I ask... what character have you had the best interaction with? Most memorable, most fun, etc...lets hear what you have to say!

I liked my interaction with Brer Fox way back in 1997, the first time I was at WDW. I was getting a pic and autograph with him in the Toon Town Fair room - back when they had the villain room - and he took my hat and threw it on the ground and started laughing. I was laughing too. Then, he signed my autograph book on the wrong side of the book, upside down, and threw it on the ground when it was done. Lots of fun, really didn't expect that..but that is how Brer Fox is now one of my favorite Disney characters...great interaction.

Also had an awesome interaction with Belle in May 2007, who was asking me what I would like to invent if I could invent anything. I told her a flying machine how corny is that, haha but she caught me off guard with that. Then she proceeded to tell me the story of her dad who is a famous inventor.

Great times, and all part of the magic!

What were your best Disney character interactions?

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD and Minnie were posing for pictures together. She really had my DD going, which was great because the DD had a migrane at the time and Minnie had her smiling and laughing.

When I was down in Dec. It had to be Tigger. I was wearing my birthday button and Tigger had noticed it and pointed to it, then kissed my hand.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Mine dates way back to the 80's. I was just a youngin' and me, my parents, and an adult couple we were frinds with went to WDW.

We went to a character breakfast on the boat at the Disney Marketplace...of course now, that's Fulton's Crab House at DTD. The guy we were with got totally "abused" by Goofy...chair tilted back, hair messed up, tickled...it was great. I remember bits and pieces of that trip even now, but that's definitely the high-light.

I wonder if Goofy can even touch a guest now-a-days???
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

one was Cinderella, and we have seen the same one a few times and she remembers Emma each time... she does the most personable interactions and is just so sweet and talks to me as well. I really get excited when I see that she is there!

Next was at the P&P on Jan 21. Emma was dressed as Snow White for that party and on our way to get seats for the fireworks, Snow White and her prince were doing pictures in front of Snow White's Scary Adventures. I have the most adorable picture of the prince kissing Emma on the cheek. I think I posted it with the other pictures when I did my trip report from then. Snow White really talked with her a lot as well commenting on how pretty her dress was and it just made Emmy that much more excited.

when we first started going to Disney regularly, we did pictures in Toon Town in the Mickey's pals room or whatever it is. Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Emma was being a bit of a sourpuss but insisted on seeing the characters. Goofy started mimicking her (we were the last ones in the room and they hadn't started letting more people in yet) and she was cracking up. Then he sat down and sat Emma down too and crossed her arms for her and he crossed his arms and she laid back against him... it is the funniest picture because she has this super serious look on her face and looks kinda tough I guess... Goofy wanted to see the picture I took too, so I showed him... we really got to spend a lot of time with him.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Belle. DD is crazy for her and we saw her one day early in the trip and then saw the same Belle later and she remembered DD. it was wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

Being that my husband and I don't have kids the characters interact with us less. However I found some that are always great and spend time interacting with us and we get great pics with them.

Capt Hook and Smeed
    Belle and the Beast
    Alice
    Piglet
    Brer Bear and Brer Fox
    Snow White
    Geppetto

Those are the ones that immediately stand out in my mind.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

The most fun we ever had with a character at a meal was Mad Hatter and the bear from Jungle Book - Baloo (or is it Balloo). Is was at Disneyland at Chef Goofy's (I think it is called). It was hilarious.

There's never anything better than having a private audience with Mickey in his dressing room.

Tigger is always fun - and for some reason the villians are typically great to interact with.
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

One time i was in line for tigger and when i gave him my pen that had him on it her took it and threw it in the trailer and wouldnt give it back for a while it was soo funny!

Another kinda cool thing is I had an autograph book with poohbears face on the pages and when i went to see baloo he drew funny faces on all the poohs!
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Lilo and Stitch. Stitch stole DS's hat and wore it for a while and then took my hat and gave it to DS so he could keep Ds's hat. We played that game for quite awhile until we finally left with me wearing DS's hat and DS wearing mine! It was hilarious!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We have had several wonderful interactions with charcters with Hayden.

In Nov when we met Baloo & King Louie in Ak Louie played with Hayden and when Baloo went to sign our book King Louie made Baloo sign his name also. That was awesome our photopass photographer said he had never seen him do that before.

Also in Nov we ate breakfast at CRT and Hayden was dressed up like Peter Pan. When Snow White came around she gave him a big red kiss on his cheek. After that all the princesses had to kiss him too by the end of the night he had EIGHT lip marks all over his little face.

We met Capt. Hook and Mr Smee in Adventureland while Hayden was still dressed up like Peter Pan. Well first Capt Hook tried to recruit Hayden, then he tried to steal my wife by kissing her hand, then he took DWs camera and took pictures of us (some of the best and worst pictures we had)

During MVMCP we went to the judge's tent to meet Mickey and Minnie together. And while Minnie was signing our book she started squeezing my biceps and blowing me kisses then for our picture you normally just stand either between them or to the side well she grabbed my arm and threw it all the way around her so I was hugging her. Mickey was not happy I never knew he gould give such a dirty look, but DW and I couldn't stop laughing.

But my all time favorite experience was in May of 2007 Hayden's first trip we went to the character spot in Epcot, which was in a differnt place then than it is now and they had to wheel us down a ramp to get in and we went in from the backside. So first up was Chip & Dale then we went to Pluto in the middle and while we were there Chip & Dale came over also and then Mickey and Minnie also came over and magically we were surrounded by characters all to see Hayden. The CMs took our video camera and regular camera from my DW and pushed her in there with us too. They all gave Hayden kisses and hugs and signed our book and it was one of the most magical moments we have ever had. We were in tears by the end of it and it is something we will never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

We have always found that loves to interact, but the best picture I have is of Eeyore "hiding" my son with his hands. It was precious.
    Disney Institute December 1999
    Ft. Wilderness June 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006-December 2007
    Caribbean Beach January 2008
    Port Orleans Riverside - January 2009
    Pop Century January 2007, December 2009, November 2010
    Pop CenturyOctober 2011

Post Thanks / Like

for me, it was my Jack Sparrow interaction this past fall. He is so BAD! Just a scoundrel....but exactly why I LOVE him!!
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Town Square on Main Street on our last trip waiting to get Gideon and (what's the other character, the wolf?) autograph. When it was DD's turn, Gideon grabbed her and started dancing with her and spinning her in circles. It was great and we got some really cute shots of them dancing together!
    Also, at AK we were in line for Baloo and King Louie and while DD was getting Baloo's autograph King Louie came up to me and gave me a huge kiss! DH got a surprise picture of it and I had a shocked look on my face! It was fun and DD still mentions to people how I got a kiss from King Louie!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had great interaction with all the characters I've met in the parks over the years. My most memorable encounter was with Goofy & Pinnochio. I had traveled from Philly to WDW with 9 teens from a youth group at church. On our first day at WDW we went to the Magic Kingdom. As we turned a corner in the park we saw Goofy & Pinnochio and we decided it would be great to get a photo with them. I can't remember exactly where the location was but the characters were on a raised platform that was surrounded by hedges. There was a ramp up to the platform and the hedges acted as a railing. Well 8 of the 9 went up so that I could get their photos. One of the girls decided to stay with me. She was unsteady on her feet due to MS and she was content to take some pictures with me.
    Because there were so many people in the picture I had to step back a few paces to get everyone in the shot. As I stepped back, so did my helper. The only problem was that I was on the ramp and she wasn't. I couldn'd see her as I was looking through the camera viewfinder. Well she wound up backing off the platform and sitting in the middle of one of the hedges. All you could see was her head, hands and legs protruding from the bush. All I could see was Goofy & Pinnochio about to come apart and not knowing why. By the time I realized what had happened Goofy had left the stage and had ducked into a passage way. While the others assisted my helper out of her embarassing position I walked to end of the passage way to see Goofy doubled up in laughter. He had his hands on the wall and his head hanging on his chest and his laughter was total. He was gone but once he realized I was watching he stopped, stood tall, threw his head back, straightened his ears and returned to the stage.
    My little friend and I did get our picture with Goofy and all the time we were standing beside him you could feel him shaking in his costume, but he never left character. As the set ended and He & Pinnochio started to leave, Pinnochio walked over to the hedge and straightened out the hole that was left from her fall. Well, Goofy saw this and he was once again a basket case and he ran off stage.
    We later learned from cast member friend, who found out who he was, that this was the first time that he had ever been broken up by a guest. If I remember correctly he had been for 7 years at that point. I believe it also made it into the Eyes & Ears.

Post Thanks / Like

On our first trip in 05 w/ DD5 and DS2 at the time we went to CRT for our very first character meal! Snow White came over and asked DD where in the world was her castle. Allison said Manassas, VA and Snow White then proceeded to name all the schools in our area! Allison and I were in shock! me more so than a 5 year old but I said Allison, she knows where we live! It was magical! Turns out she had been a teacher in the area and quit to become Snow White! Then she got down on the floor w/ DS2 and kissed him and played w/ his train! To this day Snow White is his favorite!! He will not willingly stand for pix w/ any other princess! So cute!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've had the best expirience with Princess Aura! She was at MK in the character meeting building! We went in the princess section, and the line was SO long outside of the room LOL! She just kept talking and talking to me, like about where I'm from, and the new parade they got at MK! LOL! The cast member had to make her stop talking to me, we talked for at least 10 minutes! ROFL!
    The second best expirience I had with a character was Pluto a few years back at Epcot! He was in the second floor of MouseWorks, when they had one, and he started licking my hand with that big tounge he has! And he signed not with his name, but with a heart, a bone, and a pawprint! LOL! He put my hat on, too!
    I also had a good expirience with Cruella Deville, at MK. We were on Main St. and Cruella came over, and grabbed my hair, and held it up like dog ears LOL! Later that day she saw me from her float in the parade, and after she petted my dad's hair like a dog that morning, she stuck out her tounge at my dad LOL!
    And one time, on the Disney Wonder, Snow White was in the hall, and she kissed me on the cheek, and got lipstick on me! ROFL! I wish I still had the pictures!
    Last edited by SimbaFan1; 03-01-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: I forgot a character that I had a good interaction with

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was watching Cruella de Ville interact with my daughter. She asked my daughter if she had any dogs. My daughter offered up that she has a jack russell named Lady. Cruella then said, "Oh, a jack russell coat! How devine!" My daughter about flipped out. It was priceless and I swear her voice was just perfect. We have also had fun with Apu grooming us and I even had a character from Pinnochio (can't remember their names - I know...that's bad) try to take my wedding band. I've also had Mary Poppins correct both my dd and myself on different occasions. I just love it when they are in character the entire time and don't just write in their names!
    2003 - Off site
    2004 - Jan PC, Mar ASM, June Off site
    2005 - Sept POR

2007 - Feb CBR
    2008-CS Conference & Family Vacation AKL
    2009 - Oct ASMo (just me and my little man)

Go Big Red!

Post Thanks / Like

Recently at the Garden Grill in Epcot we had a great experience with Chip, Dale and Mickey. The server was pushing tables next to us together to get ready for the next group for dinner. While Chip and Dale were visiting with us they kept running over when the lady wasn't looking and moving the chairs and tables. Then running back over to us and hiding, finally the lady caught them and put butter on their noses, they came over to our table and we wiped it off. While this was going on Mickey had come to our table and was making a crazy motion with his hand going around his ear! It was hilarious.
    At the Chip and Dale campfire at FW Chip came around to visit us just as my DD8 got a phone call from a friend back home. Chip took the phone and acted like he was talking and he kissed the phone then gave it back. DD thought it was great that her friend got to talk to Chip!
    We also had some great enteractions with Alice and the Mad Hatter at 1900 Parkfare. I definately recommend doing character meals you never know what may happen!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had great interaction with quite a few characters over the years, but some that stand out are:

1. Stitch - he always makes such a huge fuss over my plush Stitch backpack. I usually have a piece of Stitch jewelry on, too, so that always gets attention.

2. Captain Hook and Smee - At MVMCP this past December I wore a Tink Santa hat. Hook saw it, and for at least 5 minutes wouldn't let my hat or face show for a picture. He would either flip my hat over, cover my face with his hands, use Smee's scarf to wrap aroudn my head, whatever he could do to hide the hat. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

3. Chip and Dale - these two always seem to ham it up with me.

4. Donald - There have been quite a few times when he keeps kissing my hand and hugging me. It's so cute when he acts like we won't let you go (although I've seen icy cold stares from parents who want me out of there...not my fault, I swear!)

One evening EMH we had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy , Pluto, Chip and Dale pretty much all to ourselves in Epcot. It was before the character greeting area in Future World became popular. It was just me and DH, and we spent a long time in there with all of the characters. So cool!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We've had quite a few really good interactions with Characters.

Chip & Dale had fun picking on my dad's bald head at Chef Mickey. Dale kept putting his hand on my dad's head to give him hair when we were taking pictures. (we were 4 adults no children that trip)

A different chef mickey we had dd and she was wearing her minnie dress and minnie played with dd because of it.

We had fun with the Evil Queen from Snow White. She was really great. She tried to be gruff with dd but dd just loved seeing her. Snow White was one of her fav movies at the time. No matter what the Queen said dd thought she was great and kept hugging her.

Jasmine remembered dd and waved to her during the parade including poking Alladin & pointing dd out.(ok this had to be the best)

We also were on the paddle boat with the bears from bear country jamboree. They weren't suppose to but they decided just as they were pulling up the gangplank to get on. the cm with them wasn't happy but all of us on the boat that day had fun with them. They stayed in the area where we were cause it had the most room and they had fun with dd.

There a lot more too. these are the ones that really stood out.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: