Quantcast Reservation Question and DDP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservation Question and DDP

Hopefully, someone can help me before I have to spend anymore money call Disney. So, far the phone company has gotten $200 in long distance just trying to plan this trip.

My DW and I are heading to WDW on April 25th. We are staying at ASMu from the 25th to 30th with the MYW, DDP, and Park Hopper 7 day ticket.

(Now this part my DW does know about so don't tell her. I usually check Intercot before she does so she shouldn't see the post) She thinks we are staying at ASMu until May 3, but we'll be moving to AKL Club level from April 30 to May 3 (celebrate our 10th anniversary). She wants to due an African Safari on day in her life time, and we have done the Kilamanjaro ride already. So, to make it something different and memorable I booked us on the Sunrise Safari. Due to what I was planning and the number of ADR character greets I booked this stay with MYW DDP on a 1 day park basic ticket. I was told when I was making the reservations that I had to buy at least on park ticket on this stay because I couldn't extend the DDP from the ASMu stay.

We just received the reservation and voucher packets from disney. Doe the ASMu stay it has us staying on the correct days (5 nights) but then it says 7 nights (which is the length of the park ticket. But, the AKL info was the correct stay dates as well but is says 3 nights. So, when you do the math there is an over lap for number of nights (not the actual stay dates).

Now comes the Questions: Has anyone else experienced this? Does this mean I have just paid for a couple extra nights of DDP? Do I have to give my phone company another $200 to figure this out?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to switch resorts, you need two separate reservations. If you have the dining plan for both of your reservations, you are, indeed, paying for some overlap on the dining plan and this does made it more expensive.

Your first reservation, however, should reflect that you are staying for 5 nights - checking in on the 25th and out on the 30th. Your second reservation should reflect a 3-night stay, checking in on the 30th and out on the 3rd. You've purchased 7-day tickets on your first package and a 1-day ticket on your second package. You will be charged the per night rate for the dining package for each of your reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Your first reservation, however, should reflect that you are staying for 5 nights - checking in on the 25th and out on the 30th. Your second reservation should reflect a 3-night stay, checking in on the 30th and out on the 3rd.
    This is what I figured, but what didn't make sense was on the reservation information voucher it says April 25th to April 30th - 7 nights. Unless there are a couple new days in the week I don't know about that should have been 5 nights. I figured out the price to be cheaper to buy a 1 day and 7 day park tickets then to do what they tried to sell me as a 5 and 4 day pass. Everything I found was that the DDP was a per night thing then when the voucher came it a the wrong number for the night totals.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: