Quantcast Fast Pass All Day if You Stay on Property - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJMan66 View Post
    Actually the Deluxe properties on WDW property are more expensive than Universal and I am not advocating charging people for fast pass access.

I am suggesting that WDW needs to do more, from a ride access perspective, to reward people who stay on property and that they could devise a fair and creative way of doing so. This has nothing to do with the dining plan.
    I think you're alienating those that can't afford to stay on property. If we can get a better deal on property than off we take it, but most of the time that doesn't happen so we stay off property, but close by. Resort guests already have EMH morning and night. What better ride access do you need? Not trying to be mean, but you're sounding a little greedy. I'm a little offended that you think you deserve more than you already get just because you're on property. Maybe I'm reading into it the wrong way. If I am, I'm sorry... just MHO.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avantgardeinker View Post
    Resort guests already have EMH morning and night. What better ride access do you need?
    That's' thinking in win/lose terms. It doesn't have to be that way.

Using fastpass incentives, Disney could steer people to different parks on different days. That would enable ALL visitors (on and off site) to have shorter wait times at rides because people are more evenly distributed among the four parks. And the passes could get even more granular by steering people to particular lands and rides at different times of days, freeing up space for ALL guests.
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a terrible idea. If all on property guests had full time fast passes it would defeat the purpose of shorter wait times because now the "shorter" lines would be long. So the idea makes no sense at all.

Also, and I'm not pointing any fingers because I've witnessed it first hand at the parks. The wealthy, high class people who go to the parks with the attitude that they spent good money to go to WDW and they deserve special treatment is ridiculous. The whole mine, mine, mine.....now, now, now attitude needs to go. The rest of us spend the same money at Disney so why is your time any more important.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter or anything. In fact I'm very happy for people who are well off and don't have to work extra hard to afford a vacation. But some people look down on the rest of us and think they're better and deserve even more instead of enjoying and appreciating what they have.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post

Using fastpass incentives, Disney could steer people to different parks on different days. That would enable ALL visitors (on and off site) to have shorter wait times at rides because people are more evenly distributed among the four parks. And the passes could get even more granular by steering people to particular lands and rides at different times of days, freeing up space for ALL guests.
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you're suggesting... So you want Disney to tell us which park to visit on a particular day? I plan my vacations to the letter and I don't want someone telling me I can't go to a certain park on a certain day unless of course it's to capacity and they have to shut off entry to that particular park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avantgardeinker View Post
    So you want Disney to tell us which park to visit on a particular day?
    I never said anything like that....you can go to any park you want.

But incentives can be created to steer people toward certain parks. Like people staying at Pop could get two fastpasses at a time in the AK one day. Or DTD hotel guests could pre-schedule their fastpasses at a resort kiosk the night before or offsite via a website or mobile phone.

Yes, some people won't want to do this, and they won't be required to. But the people who did this would free up capacity for people who didn't, making everybody better off: some people get shorter standby lines, while other get pre-arranged ride times via an enhanced fastpass system.

Some of my ideas might not work, but the general strategy is the same: use the available capacity more efficiently by distributing crowds more evenly.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Obviously, Universal and Disney have very different approaches for handling 'fast pass' or 'front-of-the-line' privileges. Universal has the philosophy that if you pay a premium, you get to use the 'front-of-the-line' treatment. It doesn't matter if you pay at the front gate or if you pay a premium in your nightly rate at one of their 3 on-site resorts - you still pay to move to the front. If you don't pay, you wait in stand-by.

In most ways, I prefer Disney's 'fast pass' approach, which is actually more of a virtual way of holding your place in line at one particular attraction without actually having to stand in the line - you can be doing something else during that time. It allows ALL guests the opportunity to shorten 1 or 2 or maybe 3 lines to major attractions throughout the day. The number of fast passes is controlled, so the stand-by lines don't have ridiculous delays (like they can have at Universal). Disney is much closer to the old 'first-come first-served' approach, and I kind of prefer that.

Post Thanks / Like

doesn't the dream fast passes the special things that people randomly get help with that??? there are all sorts of magical moments... my favorite was when i would go up to a random family and make their day by letting them bypass the line @ space mtn...
    It just annoys me that people cant just be grateful to be at Disney. Some people go their whole lives without being able to go and wish that they could afford to go. I dont understand why everyone needs to be complaining about not getting to ride a ride or waiting in a line. i honestly hated when people take it out on the CMs when the line was too long because of 101s and park capacity.
    I guess i understand why todays teenagers and young adults have no respect for people because its adults who teach them to be that way. When i got to go to disney for the first time my parents did care if we waited in lines or missed rides. The whole fun is being there and being a part of the magic and honestly a lot of you have lost that magic and forgot that it all began with a mouse.
    Im sry if i offend anybody but honestly Disney comes up with a lot of creative ways to make people happy .... i guess that it boils down to greed and not being happy. It is people who like to complain just for the sake of complying who makes a job as a cm the most difficult. Everybody is human and we all wish for things but honestly why do we need to complain about waiting an hour in line.
    BTW i dunno if anyone has mentioned or thought about that during night EMH their are fastpasses and now at all the parks you can get one every hour.
    I guess all im saying is be greatful to be part of the magic, dont complain about things, just be a part of walts vision and enjoy it .... because then it will be a muich more enjoyable expierence no mater how long the wait is.
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtn101 View Post
    It just annoys me that people cant just be grateful to be at Disney.
    Disney should be grateful for its customers. I'm sure they taught you that sometime during training. If you don't get that, maybe it's time to move on to another company. I bet the cable TV companies are looking for people with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtn101 View Post
    I guess all im saying is be greatful to be part of the magic, dont complain about things, just be a part of walts vision and enjoy it .... because then it will be a muich more enjoyable expierence no mater how long the wait is.
    Yeah, that's what Walt wanted....things to stay the same...never make any changes to systems, shows, or rides that could be improved. Be happy with the status quo....don't make any effort to 'plus' things. That sounds just like what Walt dreamed.

End of sarcasm.

I'm not sure there's been many complains on here. There's been a lot of suggestions for changes, but few complaints from those of us who would like to see improvements to the Fastpass system (note that some of these 'improvements' exist at other Disney parks outside of WDW).
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

My attempt at a Rusty-like response.

1. Is the current Fastpass system underutilized? If not, How can you make it more effective.
    2. Who's time is more valuable: a doctor when you need surgery, a firefighter when your house is burning, your child's teacher, or the CEO of a major corporation that has just laid off 20% of the workforce?
    3. Resort guests will get more perks when the resorts aren't being filled.
    "Everybody wants to be a Cat"

Post Thanks / Like

Disney should be grateful for its customers.
    Are day trippers (i.e. Florida residents) and people who stay off site not customers?

I guess my thought is that every person who pays admission is a customer. Once you enter the gates, every person is equal.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Are day trippers (i.e. Florida residents) and people who stay off site not customers?

I guess my thought is that every person who pays admission is a customer. Once you enter the gates, every person is equal.
    It helps if you read the whole thread.

CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the more Disney seems to give the more people want. Free upgrades, more this, more that. I think the EMH hours, the busses, and DME are more than sufficient. I am grateful for all these things. There are people who stay @ the Resorts and don't go to the Parks. What about them? I believe once you pay your $$ to get in the front gate, everyone is entitled to the same treatment.
    That's just my .02 worth.
    "Come on Nana!"

Post Thanks / Like

It helps if you read the whole thread.
    You are so rude it's actually humorous! I did read the whole thread and was simply asking your thoughts on who is a customer from that statement. There was no need for that comment at all. If you continue to respond to people in this manner, you are inhibiting the ability to have a healthy debate. You'll really turn people off and then you lose your credibility. No one like to be talked to that way.
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    Sheraton Vistana Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I did read the whole thread and was simply asking your thoughts on who is a customer from that statement.
    I'm dumbfounded: I'm rude because I point out a previous post that quite specifically addresses your concern? I bolded and underlined the word ALL. Twice. I'm not sure how that was equivocal to you...
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Gottaluvgoof Guest

I don't get all the confusion. If you don't want long lines, go during off peak seasons. We go every year in September and never have a problem doing everything we want to accomplish with plenty to spare.

I realize some people can only take time off during certain time frames, but that is just the luck of the draw. Just like some people can't afford to stay on Disney property. We all have our restraints.

Seems to me the system now, is both fair and effective.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm dumbfounded: I'm rude because I point out a previous post that quite specifically addresses your concern? I bolded and underlined the word ALL. Twice. I'm not sure how that was equivocal to you...
    Your comment about how I should have read the whole thread was unnecessary. All you needed to do was quote your other statement and/or answer my question. That would have been a welcome response
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    Sheraton Vistana Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Your comment about how I should have read the whole thread was unnecessary. All you needed to do was quote your other statement and/or answer my question. That would have been a welcome response
    Very True.

I get lazy and use sarcasm and it doesn't serve me well...nor does it get the point across. It is something I struggle with. I apologize for not having said: I think I addressed my thoughts on this issue in a previous post.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

.....and now back to our regularly scheduled program........
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    Sheraton Vistana Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gottaluvgoof View Post
    I don't get all the confusion. If you don't want long lines, go during off peak seasons. We go every year in September and never have a problem doing everything we want to accomplish with plenty to spare.

I realize some people can only take time off during certain time frames, but that is just the luck of the draw. Just like some people can't afford to stay on Disney property. We all have our restraints.

Seems to me the system now, is both fair and effective.
    That's the strategy now....at WDW (and Disneyland since they ended the AAA Travel Unlimited Fastpass perk).

But Disney has positioned itself to alter the Fastpass system. It tested out customized Nintendo DS handhelds earlier this year. And it applied for patents to protect various methods of changing the Fastpass system. So the company is both exploring making changes, and protecting the necessary business processes to be able to do so.

Which doesn't say when or if it will make changes....but it is keeping the idea on the drawing board.

Personally, I am for making changes to the system. Right now, I think you take a gamble when you visit WDW. You have no idea how good or bad the lines will be when you visit. You can influence it a bit by the time of year and the minimal information we get about historical park crowds, but you have no way of knowing what your actual experience will be until you get there. And for people not willing to pull their kids out of school for a vacation to WDW, they have no choice but to go to WDW at the busiest times of the year.

Universal has created a solution to this by giving on-site hotel guests all-day express access. That's one way of giving people who book at certain hotels some degree of certainty of how long they'll be waiting in lines when they visit. But like other posters, I don't like the obviousness of the us-versus-them of that system.

So, in summary:
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

And ...
    I don’t really WANT it to be priced differently, but I see it as inevitable, and I don’t want others to be disenchanted with WDW if/when it does….so I hope people will embrace what could be a positive change for all.

Utilizing the wonders of information technology, combined with known human behavior that can be predicted very accurately with statistical models, I think WDW could implement a system where everybody is better off, and those who want to pay more are even more better off.

My point is that it doesn’t have to be a zero sum game. And if any company knows how to implement something where everybody feels better about a change, I’d bet Disney would be that company.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: