Quantcast Candy Cane Inn

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Candy Cane Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candy Cane Inn

For the last few years, DD and I have been toying with the idea of DL instead of WDW - though we keep changing our minds because no Epcot. Hehe. We really wanted to stay on grounds since that's what we're used to, but the 3 DL resorts seem very expensive, especially when you throw in east coast airfare. In all of the off property hotels, though, we keep going back to Candy Cane Inn. So, can anyone tell me more about it?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% sure, but I think that is where we stayed about 6 years ago. It was very nice, our room had Disney related items in it. It was very close to DL and only took about 5 minutes to walk there. The street was very busy, so make sure you cross at the lights. I agree, the on property resorts are very expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

The Candy Cane is the ONLY place we stay at when visiting Anaheim. Okay, it's a motel, not a fancy hotel with hallways.

The rooms are always fresh, clean, and comfortable. The standard room includes a mini-fridge, TV, usually 2 queen beds, hairblower, iron and ironing board. They have the usual shampoo, conditioners. The beds are comfy.

They have an excellent cont. breakfast included. Included a few cold cereals, oatmeal, toast, muffins, bagels, bananas, apples, danish. Coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice. The eating area for indoors is quite small, but there are several tables, chairs by the pool which makes a nice morning breakfast setting. Some people bring trays from their rooms and bring food back to the room.

Walking distance to main gate is 250 yards. It's about the same distance as walking from the DL hotel to the park. It's a pleasant walk down Harbor Blvd, along nicely landscaped, cool area. However, they have their own private shuttle that runs every half hour. They don't stop at other hotels, only directly to Candy Cane for guests.

Directly next door are a mini-mart and also a 7-11 for late night snacks, etc. The hotel lobby also has a small shop with gifts and essentials.

They have a pool, a kiddie pool and a hot tub.
    Pool is not HUGE but nice enough.

They have free wireless internet but frankly I usually find it super slow with very low bars (coverage). Might be my laptop, not their network.

I also book the Candy Cane for myself and co-workers when visiting the area on business trips. Makes me feel a little like home.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks ghoofie! Just the info we were looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment52 View Post
    We really wanted to stay on grounds since that's what we're used to, but the 3 DL resorts seem very expensive, especially when you throw in east coast airfare.
    I love staying on site. You will be saving on the cost of park tickets.

That being said, I stayed at the Candy Cane in April for a weekend before moving to Paradise Pier. If given the choice, I still prefer on-site, but I can tell you the beds at the Candy Cane are wonderful and the room was very clean.

Have fun.
    จจ*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I love staying on site. You will be saving on the cost of park tickets.

What? How do you save on the cost of park tickets by staying at a Disney hotel?
    Life is Beautiful - pass it on. Sign your organ donor card.

Post Thanks / Like

What? How do you save on the cost of park tickets by staying at a Disney hotel?
    The poster was saying it was hard to justify staying on site when it costs more money to fly from the east.

My point was you spend less for park tickets than one would at WDW. It can be used toward accommodations. Therefore justifying saying on-site.
    จจ*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

We did DLR this last Dec., and it was lovely. Our room at Candy Cane was perfect, and the walk, (or scoot), to the gate was minutes. They have a shuttle, but it's not HC, so DH rode the shuttle and I usually beat them on my ECV.

DLR is intimate, different, and was REALLY nice. See Aladdin by all means - that alone was worth the trip. POC and the HM were better than WDW, and DH said the train was much better. You had to be ambulatory to ride the train, and I would have, but I didn't know where to leave my wheels. The monorail, which runs to DD and back was scary because it banked and I was afraid I would roll out.

Everything is right there. It isn't as much, but not having to bus anywhere was worth it to me.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I always feel compelled to post wherever someone asks about the Candy Cane Inn.
    Rather than repeat what everyone else has already said (which I totally agree with!), I'll just have you knwo that it is the ONLY place in Anaheim that we stay at, if we're not staying on property.
    We love it!
    Previous Trips:
    November - 2011 DLH
    November - 2010 CC Inn
    May - 2010 PPH
    November - 2009 GCH
    November - 2008 DLH
    November 25th 2007 – GCH
    October 2006 – GCH
    March 2006 – CC Inn
    November 2005 - DLH
    April 2005 – PPH
    January 2005 – DLH
    May 2004 – PPH
    January 2003 – PPH

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Candy Cane in April and I was very happy there. Nice clean room, big bathroom, and the as Carol said, the beds were awesome. If you are trying to save money and decide to stay offsite, the Candy Cane is a great option. Very comfortable walk to the park entrances, lots of good food options available as well. We liked it so much that we are returning in December.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: