Quantcast WDW Moms Panel Accepting Applications This Summer

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Moms Panel Accepting Applications This Summer

Had to share from the Moms Club Newsletter!! How exciting!!

As a Mickey Moms Club member, we want you to be the first to know that we will be holding the search for the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel soon. The search will take place later this summer so keep your eyes open for more details in an upcoming newsletter as well as on www.disneyworldmoms.com . And if you want to apply to be on the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel, start thinking about what makes your love of Disney unique!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice in the Mom's club letter poll, they asked about Crush n Gusher at Blizzard Beach? It's at Typhoon Lagoon. No wonder they didn't pick us for the first Mom's Panel. We know better than they do.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY Gosh, I just checked out this web-site, and I want to be a Disney Mom...does anyone know how it works, or criteria?
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Stephanie View Post
    OH MY Gosh, I just checked out this web-site, and I want to be a Disney Mom...does anyone know how it works, or criteria?
    They invited a number of people who were turned down to be on the Mom's Panel. I just responded to the invitation. I'm not sure how else to get in on it. Sorry.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This has kind of lost its appeal to me. I've visited the website a couple of times and I still come back to Intercot for all my info and interaction. Is anyone else still excited about it like they were when it first began?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    This has kind of lost its appeal to me. I've visited the website a couple of times and I still come back to Intercot for all my info and interaction. Is anyone else still excited about it like they were when it first began?
    The thing I was most disappointed in was the lack of range of the panel. They were all mothers with children of very young ages. No one represented the moms of teens well - I mean real teens not tweens. Nor had they had various experiences like anniversaries or engagements (we Moms have those to in case they were wondering). They also seemed to not be as much of experienced Disney pros as some of our own Intercot moms. Its still a cute site though. And the panel does their best I believe. I like checking it out and will def be submitting a new application this summer. In fact I think its kind of cool that theyre mixing up the panel - I totally wasnt expecting that.

Also did anyone notice that they have a link to Tonga Toast (recipe)? mmmmm
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't chosen to be on the Mom's panel but received the invitation a couple of weeks later as a PP did. It is ok. I too still come back to Intercot for my info. They don't have a diverse panel that represents all age groups.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

What I have been most disappointed in is the fact that they seem to give standard Disney answers for everything. You really don't get much more info from them than you do the website as a whole. I guess I'm always hoping someone will have more info than I already have. Intercot has me spoiled!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, good! Another chance to be rejected!

I was also pretty disappointed by the lack of diversity in their first panel: all moms of young kids, no one with physical challenges, etc.

I'm happy with our own ICOT moms! Y'all rock!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I was bummed the first time that I didn't qualify to apply since it had been more than 12 months since we had visited WDW. But I too think the site & the responses are a little disappointing. I visited a few times & now I never even think about it. When I have free time to get on the computer Intercot is where I go!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else. I haven't found the answers they give to be very interesting. They sound like they are coming right out of Disney travel guide, as opposed to giving insight from those who have been there numerous times. I check it out occasionally, but as with all of you, I come to Intercot every day!!

I will certainly apply again, but I wish their criteria for selection were better. I don't know what more to say about being "unique". We are just your run-of-the-mill family that LOVES disney and I just happen to be a normal disney nut! I am the disney expert around my parts, but that doesn't really translate in less than 300 words.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Did you notice in the Mom's club letter poll, they asked about Crush n Gusher at Blizzard Beach? It's at Typhoon Lagoon. No wonder they didn't pick us for the first Mom's Panel. We know better than they do.
    And they had it listed as 'Cross Country Creek', not Castaway Creek!

They need to come to Intercot more often to get their info straight! (Am I allowed to call them Losers???!!!)

I will apply again, I want the Disney trips!!!! Hahahaha!!!! Seriously though, I too find their information lacking and rarely go to the site.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here were the survey questions and results as of tonight.

Thank you for taking our Poll!
    Poll Results

Which Disney Water Park attraction is your favorite?
    Swimming with the sharks at the Shark Reef at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park
    12%
    Relaxing in the slow moving river of Cross Country Creek at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
    59%
    Plummeting 120 feet straight down on Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach® Water Park
    5%
    Rollicking on the water coaster of Crush n' Gusher at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

That cracks me up that mistakes were made. Honestly, I applied for DisneyMoms, but I've never visited the site.
    This seems to be my only source for information, and it works for me!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

I would be over the moon to be chosen for the Mom's panel.
    But..
    I really don't visit the site. The answers given rarely seem like personal answers. They seem like canned answers for the most part.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I would be over the moon to be chosen for the Mom's panel.
    But..
    I really don't visit the site. The answers given rarely seem like personal answers. They seem like canned answers for the most part.
    Exactly....they sure don't give a negative response to any questions
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

When I got that newsletter and saw they were accepting apps again, I thought "man....do I REALLY want to put myself through that wait and anticipation again to just be told NO" LOL. Then I thought --- OF COURSE I DO! I'm gonna give it another shot and try to be as witty and creative as I can be in 200 characters or less (wasn't that the length of those essay questions?) I am just SUCH a Disney sucker that being connected to WDW like that for a year would be an absolute DREAM
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accepting Apps Now?

I missed out on the first time they accepted applications for the Moms Panel. Therefore, I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon and have missed out on getting on the newsletter list, along with all of the goodies that went out a couple of months ago to everyone who applied the first time.

Could someone send me a link to the application site? I've checked the Mom's Panel website and didn't see anything.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Moms Panel Accepting Applications This Summer

[QUOTE=DizRunner;1691559]I missed out on the first time they accepted applications for the Moms Panel. Therefore, I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon and have missed out on getting on the newsletter list, along with all of the goodies that went out a couple of months ago to everyone who applied the first time.

Could someone send me a link to the application site? I've checked the Mom's Panel website and didn't see anything.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

My understanding is that it is not posted yet. When they are ready to accept applications it will be posted on the mom's panel site (www.disneyworldmoms.com) and will be announced through the Mickey Moms Club newsletter. Someone on Intercot will be sure to post it when they learn of the request for applications. Hang tight!

Post Thanks / Like

Great info. I'll share with DW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: