Quantcast Does your cat play fetch?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does your cat play fetch?

Our cat plays fetch, which I find very funny. We had dogs for 13 years and couldn't get them to play fetch. The cat will bring us his "mousie" and drop it at our feet. We throw it and he immediately brings it back...just like a dog is "supposed" to do. He is so funny!

He also comes running down the stairs when we get home, rolls over on his back so we will scratch his belly, and begs for food at the table (we don't give it to him) and sits outside the bathroom door when I take my morning shower and then "meows" at me until I make his breakfast.

So, do I really have a cat, or is he a dog in a cat's body?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I never heard of a cat playing fetch, but my cats beg at the table. I used to have a cat we called a "cog" because he used to act like a dog, because he ate everything! I have a cog who goes outside and plays with my dogs!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Our cat likes to fetch paper and foam balls (they look like golf balls).

He also likes to lick people. DW, who isn't a huge fan of dogs (at least as her pet), says she had to get the one cat that acts like a dog.
    Geaux Tigers!

Last Trip: Honeymoon at DL and So. Cal. CityPass 5/27 - 6/2/2007

Next trip: WDW 9/6-12/2009 @ Pop for DD's 4th birthday!

Follow the trip on Twitter: scottinwdw.

Post Thanks / Like

I laughed out loud when I read this post because your cat sounds exactly like mine! I've always said she is part dog because she does play fetch with her toys, she comes when I whistle for her, she rolls on her back and wants me to rub her belly, and she comes to greet me any time I walk in the door or come downstairs. She's really funny! I've never had a cat quite as dog-like as she is. What's even funnier is that I also have a dog, a Shih Tzu, and he acts more like a cat than a dog. He even cleans his face like a cat - licking his paws and then rubbing his face. He's the most finicky eater ever and he hates water. Maybe they had some kind of "Freaky Friday" moment where they switched bodies or something, and they've just never switched back!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Not only do they fetch, but both of mine come when they're called. I demonstrated one time for the vet, because he didn't believe me.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha Ha- too funny! I thought I was the only one with dogs in cat bodies!

I have 2- a boy and a girl, who follow me everywhere, come when they are called, and love thier bellies scratched. My little boy even loves baths!

Now if I could just get them to walk on a leash...
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

My cats do come when they are called ..... but especially if I shake that little treat bag. LOL!

I keep encouraging them to play fetch, but they just won't do it! I have a brother / sister duo.

Picture this: Casey, my orange, overweight male kitty, got one of those foam golf balls stuck on one claw. He kept trying to "throw" it off !! LOL! He really looked like a human little boy trying to throw a ball ! What a riot !!

Post Thanks / Like

One of our cats plays fetch, he's a siamese.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well my dear cat ( FANG ) that I rescued from the pound is solid white and she is totally deaf and loves to play fetch. She keeps fetching it and bring it to me and putting the paper ball in my hand. She does this until she gets so tired that she just lays down and quits. I must communicated to here in sign and that means no. Not that she cares.

Love my kitty....
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Mine like to play monkey in the middle, especially Charlie. We toss a mouse back and forth and he jumps up and swats at it or grabs it. He's really quite good at it. Al gets into it too but he's more hesitant than his brother

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

None of my cats fetch - but my daughter's cat, Maddie fetches like a pro. I always thought it was because she watched my daughter's dog - Lady fetch, but maybe not. She also chases a laser beam around - which is something only my female cat will do. The two boys, who are much younger than Angel just look at it but won't try to catch it. Angel will go all over the place trying to catch it. It is so funny....
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

My cat likes it when I shred up paper and sprinkle it through the air so it falls all around her. She goes nuts trying to catch all the little pieces.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

One of my cats totally plays fetch! Frodo loves his "puffs" (tiny little puff balls) and carries them around. He also knows the word for "puff" and goes and gets it from his toy box when asked. There are mornings that I wake up with a puff in my bed, because he puts it there just in case we want to play with him in the middle of the night. Both of my cats also walk on leashes with harnesses, come when they are called, and go to work with me!
    Disneyland 2007
    September 2008, Wilderness Lodge, Honeymoon/Anniversary Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I've had 2 cats that love to play 'fetch', especially with a piece of computer paper rolled into a ball. They could go on and on for hours, if you stop throwing, they give you a 'look'!

Also, my cats greet me. When they hear the key in the door, they both coming running. I call them my 'welcoming committee'!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow,
    Shining at the end of ev'ry day

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dumb ol' Cat

My two current cats don't play fetch, but my dear departed Fritzi used to - with one annoying habit. He'd fetch all right, but bring it back & drop it on the floor just out of my reach so I would have to get up or lean over a long way to retrieve the item. Hmmm....on second thought, maybe he had ME trained!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread I have two cats that play fetch. I never taught them, somehow they innately knew what to do. The thing that gets me is that I throw the "object" and they bring it back in two seconds. It gets tiring. My boy kitty follows me all over my house, and is always lurking nearby. Both kitties know their names, come when called, and don't allow me to close any door without them getting upset (including when I'm showering...they jump between the shower curtains sometimes). I also bring my cats out on leashes. I saw a coyote in my neighborhood, so I've put that activity on hold.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Our last cat (MaoMao) used to love to play fetch with paper wads....I'd throw them behind a large stationary chair...she would run across the run, jump into the seat of the chair then over the back and climb out with the paper wad which she would drop at my feet.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yep my cat called Badger ,loves nothing more than me scrunching up a bit of newspaper and chucking it around the house for her to fetch ....

Its amazing how you can buy pets so many toys but its always the stupid things left around that they find the best to play in ...such as a cardbord box or a straw
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    Its amazing how you can buy pets so many toys but its always the stupid things left around that they find the best to play in ...such as a cardbord box or a straw
    Isn't that the truth! I just bought my cat a brand new, cozy, soft bed a couple weeks ago...Nah, she'd rather sleep in an old ratty cardboard box. And forget those catnip toys or fuzzy mice! She's much happier with a leaf she brought in from the back yard, a gum wrapper, or a dryer sheet!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

My cat Dave will occasionally bring a letter that the postman puts through the box up the stairs and leave it on the landing.

I'm not happy with Dave at the moment because I caught him peeing on my sofabed this morning.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: