There is no way in the world that Disney could keep the parks as perfect as some people think they are supposed to be. I've watched guests spill, drop , and throw stuff any where they see fit . Apparently this behavior comes with the price of admission these days .

Considering that fact , the parks are still , amazingly clean . Complaining about gum or trash in a queue line doesn't make much sense , since there isn't a break in the lines in the Summertime , from opening till closing . They can only be cleaned after the parks close. So if you see trash at 2:00 in the afternoon , the odds are it will still be there at 10:00. That's not Disney's fault - it's a matter of logistics. If there is trash in a queue line at 9:00 a.m. , then that's a problem.

As far as the CM's are concerned - 50,000 work at Disney . If you find only 3 or 4 bad ones in a week's stay , heck ,even 10 or 12, you have just received better service than anyone else in the world can give you. Anyone.
Stop to think how many CM's you come in contact with in the course of a stay. How many smiled , thanked you , and did their job ( the Disney way ) ? The vast majority , of course . But , we still have to complain about the one bad egg. As if these people were Audio- Animatronics ,programmed by the Imagineers , and not flesh and blood humans.

I've said this in the past ,and I'll say it again - the CM's of 2008 are just as good as the CM's of 1981. The paying guest has , however , gotten way worse , and jaded.