OMG youre awesome. I wish there were more people out there who thought like you. This show is great and im happy to hear that other people enjoy the show and of course, Pocahontas!
Quote Originally Posted by wiltsan View Post
Bravo Poolguy, especially on your comment about passing judgement without even seeing the show.

We are disappointed to hear that this show is closing. Before we had my DD, my DH and I never attended this show as we were always hustling to see the LoLK. When we had our DD, we decided to go see this show and were so pleased. While it might be seen as just for toddlers, I think this show is for anyone who loves Poca (check out my tagline . The kids get to sit on their own, the animals are cute, you wonder how Poca can handle them and the puppetry is fantastic. Poca is always beautiful and has a great voice for those wonderful songs. Additionally, it is a nice, quiet, calm place for a respite during a busy day.

MY DD loved this show and on our last trip - May08'- we had a truly magic moment. We were at the show and they came on the PA to say that the show was going to be postponed and then they eventually cancelled it. My DD was upset - not crying - and so we went and asked the CM Manager what had happened to try to explain to her that sometimes things come up. He explained to us (me) that they had a rogue squirrel in the back and they needed to test him as he was not part of the ususal "cast" before they could proceed. (Gotta love Disney safety/care). He then asked us if we could wait until everyone left the theater and then we got a "private showing" with Poca. We got about 10 minutes of 1x1 time with her, my DD loved it and the whole family was teary. Truly, a magical Disney moment.

Our love affair with Poca started when the film premiered. You might recall that the show DisneyWorld Inside/Out promoted it like crazy and we were lucky enough to win tickets to the premiere in Central Park, NYC. How incredible to be in Central Park with 100k people, two huge drive-in move theater like screens and a Disney classic. I could go on and on about the organization, saftey and magic around this event but....

Not only will I be interested in seeing what they replace this show with but how they are going to now use Poca in the parks. I have never felt like she gets enough "airtime" and was disappointed when they removed her from MK LS and just put her in AK. What are they going to do -- replace it with something Pixar? I love Pixar but I guess I am old school (is Poca even old school) and would love a return to the animated classics. You would think with the green "trend" in the US right now that they would be using Poca's message to the utmost.

Guess we will be seeing her "Just Around the Riverbend." Hope so.