Quantcast Pop parking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pop parking

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop parking

I have a room reserved for the 50's building in Nov. I want conveient parking but i have heard that would not be the correct building for that. We are not spending much time there and we are going to be driving everywhere so does anyone have any suggestions on where we should stay? Should i go to the 80's?
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

it depends on which building you have, i dont remember the numbers but we stayed there last year and we had the 50s that were next to the 60s and the water, it was about a minute walk.
    The other 50s building that is on the opposite side of the pool, if you are lucky enough, you could park almost right outside your room.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the 90's bldg. and it was quite convenient.There's a parking lot right there and we use to just walk across the lot to the park busses.Driving your own car would be a cinch.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we stayed at Pop, we were in the 60's and had to walk past the a 50's bldg to get to the parking lot. If you ask for the closest bldg to the main bldg, you should be good.
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

I also need some advice in this area. What building should I request to be close to the food court? We didn't specify wanting a prefered room when we were booking because I had no clue that the buildings were so spread out until reading a few posts on here. I am diabetic and tend to have low sugar levels in the morning a lot when we travel so I don't want to hike to get breakfast. Also, are the food courts going to be close to where the buses pick up? Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InLikeSin View Post
    I also need some advice in this area. What building should I request to be close to the food court? We didn't specify wanting a prefered room when we were booking because I had no clue that the buildings were so spread out until reading a few posts on here. I am diabetic and tend to have low sugar levels in the morning a lot when we travel so I don't want to hike to get breakfast. Also, are the food courts going to be close to where the buses pick up? Thanks for the help.
    The buses pick up outside the main hall, and that is where the food court is. We were in 50s building C and the "hike" was really not bad... I was surprised. There are 50s buildings that are closer than where we were too. Preferred gets you closest to the food court, buses, etc.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Pop is not that big, even the furthest room from the food court is not bad at all. It's nothing like CS or CBR in size.
    I have found that when you check in if you ask to be near the parking lot they can usually do it. I have stayed in the 50s in a building literally steps to the parking lot. But this is not where the buses pick up from. Just close to your car. I also stayed in the 70s which was a HIKE from the car, but close to the food/buses.
    Overall we really like Pop.
    I know you
    I walked with you once upon a dream.
    We've Stayed at GF, AKL, BW, BC, CR, FW Cabins, CS, CBR, AS Music, POP, POFQ, OKW,SSR
    Last Trip: SSR April 2015
    Next Trip: Yacht Club Oct 2015

AwPhooey is offline Senior Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recall correctly, the following buildings are closest to the parking lots (though it may vary depending on where you are in the building):

• Buildings 1 and 2 (50s)
    • Building 8 (90s)
    • Building 9 (80s)
    • Building 10 (70s)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, 80's is far from food court. Are you planning on eating in Food Court or buying a mug? We stayed in the 70's which is nice and close to food court. 80's and 90's are both close to parking and the lot doesn't fill up usually. This resort is awesome! Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can request a room in the 50s bldg. but you may get another bldg. Requests are not guaranteed. I would copy the POP map from above in "Info Central" and check out the lots before you get to POP. You will then know which lot would be closer for you.

Post Thanks / Like

the 70's "big wheel" building is the closest to the food court and the parking lot (in my opinion anyway )
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the specific building you are in for the parking, but I think anywhere you are in the 50's section you will still be close to the parking lot. The last two times we've stayed there we were in the building where the parking lot was closest to...1st time facing the parking lot, and 2nd time facing the pool. The 50's section is my favorite section, and if I were to go back to Pop..I'd request that part.

Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: