Quantcast Which rides do you prefer NOT to ride anymore? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to love BTMRR. But over the years it's gotten faster and rougher (it certainly can't be me getting wimpier!) It's just not worth that long line any more.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Speedway at MK - not gone on since '78 - Neither of my children ever wanted to ride on it.
    AK
    Primevil Whirl was so jerky I will not ride it again.
    Epcot
    I don't like watching the films
    DHS
    Sounds Dangerous
    Seen Lights Motor etc twice and don't see the need to see again.
    If I never see fantasmic again I would be sad

Pretty much anything else I might go on again at any of the parks depending on the wait time.
    LY I went on Phooh because there was no wait. It's cute and we are big Phooh and friends fans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
    Malestrom - should be renamed MaleYAWN, and then holding you hostage to see THEIR movie (Run fast!) - tacky.
    We've always just walked through the theatre, as most others did as well.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say...... Indiana Jones, O'Canada, Mission Space (just a bit frightened now), and Swiss Family Treehouse
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood Studio's- Sound's Dangerous. Once was too many. I would have left the theater early but it was too dark to see. I guess that's how they keep you in there till it's done. LOL!!
    Magic kingdom- Small World. I wanted to hop out of the boat and swim back to the exit 1 minute into the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch- a waste of valuable time

Tea cups- just makes me want to throw up every time.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

BTMRR is just too rough and jerky for me now. I don't think I'll be riding it anymore. The same can said about Dinosaur and Prime Evil Whirl.

I saw HISTA once and would never do that agin either...the mice ans snakes scared me way too much.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I've been going to WDW since 1972 (Floridian privledge; it makes up for the Hurricanes!) - so the bottom of my list is:

MK:
    Dumbo (too many kids, too little seats, and it does exactly what?)
    Magic Carpets - Dumbo rethemed on the other side of the park!
    Snow White (just - isn't there)
    Peter Pan (Ditto)
    Winnie the Pooh (triple ditto!)
    Tomorrowland Speedway (I drive I-95 and the Florida Turnpike - I need a lawnmower-engine-powered runaround as amusement?)
    STITCH! (What a WASTE! Bring back MISSION TO MARS!)
    Never been to ToonTown or whatever it's called - and see no need to go.
    And Tom Sawyer Island - it's great if you have days there, but with limited time and the time and difficulty to get there (and for what?) - it's just not high on the list.

I'd love to do Treehouse, but my sister can't climb the stairs anymore, and she's threatened my life if I say I want to go to the Tiki Room again (I want to see the new show!)

EPCOT:
    Universe of Energy - it smells, and Ellen gets on my nerves.
    The Seas - the retheming did nothing for me (except the seagulls outside - "MINE!") - I go there just to sit in the quiet and watch the fish and meditate. And cool off. (I miss the old film you saw...)
    3-D film - Saw the original and loved it, saw the Michael Jackson one once; was massively underimpressed (especially knowing who was behind it!); have no desire to see the current one.
    Circle of Life - can we say preachy?
    Reflections of China - have they ever updated that film?
    Malestrom - should be renamed MaleYAWN, and then holding you hostage to see THEIR movie (Run fast!) - tacky.

Disney Studios:
    Stunt Show - I watch NASCAR. They do this for real.
    Sounds Dangerous - it just isn't as good as the original version.
    Narnia Attraction - more like a mini museum. Boring.
    Most any of the stage shows - just not up to fighting to sit and watch
    Fantasmic! - I was so hyped about this, HAD to see it, defied rain and lighting and thunder and did the package deal to go and get seats and - I was disappointed. Maybe from what everyone had said, my expectations were too high, but....it was a letdown. More projecton on water screen, less flash, less beauty....just missing something.

And I've never done Animal Kingdom - when Lion Country Safari, which has been around for decades, is a short drive away, and a better chance to see the animals active in the cool of the day (and pay less than half the price of Disney!). What? I'll miss Everest that way? I hear the Yeti's broken again!
    RedHead, with all of that being said why DO you go?
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

In MK I don't do the speedway (it lost its appeal when I got my license!) or Stitch. I can't do the Treehouse or much of Tom Sawyer Island because of health issues. Anything else, I'll do.

In Epcot I can't do the Space ride (I can't remember the name either!) because I'm clausterphobic. I'm not crazy about HISTA because of my fear of snakes but I'll do it.

The only thing at AK is the Bug's Life film. I'm terrified of spiders!

Usually I'll do anything if someone else in the party wants to unless I physically can't do it. I find that this is a good time to sneak in a snack! Some rides are outdated but I love them anyway!
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I don't ride anymore...

I avoid 3 rides because they make me feel sick - the teacups, primeval whirl, and the speedway. The only reason I avoid speedway is because once I was crashed into by the car behind mine....and ouch I felt that in my neck the rest of the day!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, with fairness to RedHead, there are many other things to do. However, I love just being there. There is somthing about the music piped in everywhere, the people watching, the smells...That being said...

I HATE the Tiki Room make over. Sounds Dangerous was boring. I like the Speedway but I can not stand the smell while in line. It makes me sick. Indiana Jones we do every 5 trips. I can not remember the last time we did the Backlot Tour.
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my choices to NOT ride:

MK:
    1. Jungle Cruise - while it is a classic and can change alil depending on your cruise guide, i have done this one once at night and once in the day and that was enough for me.

2. Any spinning up and down rides like Dumbo and Aladdin's carpets. I get sick on those so ..Teacups get to me too

3.Speedway - done it once my first visit and have no desire to do it again. I also don't understand why it is part of tomorrowland anymore

4. Stitch - Again, did it once and that was all i needed - sorry

EPCOT:
    1. Mission: Space - the reason i skip this one is cause simulations like this make me

2.HISTA - did it once and that was enough for me. I go if i need to cool off otherwise

AK:
    1. Dinorama - nothing really appeals to me here and i can ride similar things at my local amusement park

DS:
    1. Indiana Jones - did it once and that was enough for me since the show pretty much stays the same - I wonder if they are going to revamp it with stuff from the latest movie??

2. Sounds Dangerous - again, did it once and that was enough for me

3. Star Tours - i get sick on simulations so i can't do this one..tried once and failed - wish I could do it
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

these days I can skip the following rides and not be too glum about it...

the backlot tour. the once mighty tour is now a shell of itself and needs a revamp like crazy. i don't think it needs to go away, but it just looks like WDW forgot about it.

tres caballeros/rio del tiempo. i love WDW, but they killed this ride. No nice way to say it, it's ruined. It was beautiful the way it was.

indy speedway. i love cars and racing, and driving. but the annoying rail breaks your thumbs and wrist each time you hit it. been there, seen it, done it. don't need to do it again.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I think Stitch is the only one I can think of that I would never do again. The teacups I don't do because I get sick going in circles. I have promised my girls to ride it next time, but they can't spin me alot. I have never done Sounds Dangerous and don't care too.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I've been going to WDW since 1972 (Floridian privledge; it makes up for the Hurricanes!) - so the bottom of my list is:

MK:
    Dumbo (too many kids, too little seats, and it does exactly what?)
    Magic Carpets - Dumbo rethemed on the other side of the park!
    Snow White (just - isn't there)
    Peter Pan (Ditto)
    Winnie the Pooh (triple ditto!)
    Tomorrowland Speedway (I drive I-95 and the Florida Turnpike - I need a lawnmower-engine-powered runaround as amusement?)
    STITCH! (What a WASTE! Bring back MISSION TO MARS!)
    Never been to ToonTown or whatever it's called - and see no need to go.
    And Tom Sawyer Island - it's great if you have days there, but with limited time and the time and difficulty to get there (and for what?) - it's just not high on the list.

I'd love to do Treehouse, but my sister can't climb the stairs anymore, and she's threatened my life if I say I want to go to the Tiki Room again (I want to see the new show!)

EPCOT:
    Universe of Energy - it smells, and Ellen gets on my nerves.
    The Seas - the retheming did nothing for me (except the seagulls outside - "MINE!") - I go there just to sit in the quiet and watch the fish and meditate. And cool off. (I miss the old film you saw...)
    3-D film - Saw the original and loved it, saw the Michael Jackson one once; was massively underimpressed (especially knowing who was behind it!); have no desire to see the current one.
    Circle of Life - can we say preachy?
    Reflections of China - have they ever updated that film?

Disney Studios:
    Stunt Show - I watch NASCAR. They do this for real.
    Sounds Dangerous - it just isn't as good as the original version.
    Narnia Attraction - more like a mini museum. Boring.
    Most any of the stage shows - just not up to fighting to sit and watch
    Fantasmic! - I was so hyped about this, HAD to see it, defied rain and lighting and thunder and did the package deal to go and get seats and - I was disappointed. Maybe from what everyone had said, my expectations were too high, but....it was a letdown. More projecton on water screen, less flash, less beauty....just missing something.

And I've never done Animal Kingdom - when Lion Country Safari, which has been around for decades, is a short drive away, and a better chance to see the animals active in the cool of the day (and pay less than half the price of Disney!). What? I'll miss Everest that way? I hear the Yeti's broken again!
    Wow! That's more negative opinions than I've ever heard before. Redhead, I think you are spending way too much time and money at Disney. Have you tried Six Flags?

Post Thanks / Like

At the MK, the Jungle Cruise just isn't worth the wait anymore and the Speedway should be replaced or updated. Three of my nephews (ages 7-10) took a pass the last time they were in Tomorrowland.

I also think the Great Movie Ride at DHS is a dud.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to look at certain rides and think about what they about before you judge them.
    The rides in Fantasyland are bascially for small children. Peter Pan, Snow White, Dumbo and the rest might not appeal to you, but I know that they appeal to young set. Look at the smiles.
    The thrill rides appeal to teenagers, young adults and the brave at heart. But to some, they belong somewhere else.
    Rides like COP, Jungle Cruise, Pirates and the rest are to me, nostalgic. They are sweet and represent Walt Disney.
    I love most, but feel some shows are a waste. I do not like the Stunt show at HS, I love the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.
    The first time I went to WDW was when Main Street was a dirt road with construction all around. My dad worked there and I remember he brought us for a tour. I was not impressed and did not have the vision to see what was being created. Over the years, I saw many changes, some I like, some I don't. But I try to respect the fact what is my favorite is someone's "taking up space". Isn't it amazing we all feel differently about what's in the jar, but love the jar.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer not to ride:

Stitch's Great Escape
    Tomorrowland Speedway
    It's A Small World
    Mission: Space
    Ellen's Energy Adventure
    It's Tough To Be A Bug 3D
    Kilimanjaro Safaris

That's all I can think of...for now...

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Great Movie Ride.

I went on it on my honeymoon in 02 and never went on it again. It's soooo long and dull. The Wizard of Oz scene was cool, but not enough to make me go through the rest of the ride to see it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

This ride I have only been on one time...the Tea Cups. I went on with a friend last month and had never been on previously because I rode a similar ride when I was 4 and got sick So when I agreed to go on with my friend, she promised she wouldnt spin the thing!!! Well, she did! I was so dizzy and felt nauseous the rest of the day

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: