Quantcast Team B's Marathon Vacation -- Day 1 and 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Team B's Marathon Vacation -- Day 1 and 2

Who???
    DH, Aaron
    Me, Nicole
    DS#1, 3yo (4 this Tuesday!!!)
    DS#2, 19mo

When and Where??
    January 8th to January 16th at Ft. Wilderness

Thursday, January 8, 2009
    The night prior, DH and I decided that he would take the whole day off on Thursday and try for an earlier flight... the thought of getting in at midnight was not something any of us WANTED to do. I guess it must have seemed like a good idea when we bought the tickets, but it didn't on Wednesday. So we got up, got loaded, and headed to DIA where we stood by for the noon flight. Luckily for us, we got on. The three boys had a row to themselves and I sat behind them. The flight seemed quick and we got to MCO by dinner time. We ate and then headed off to Hilton Garden Inn by the airport for the night. DS#2 was having issues sleeping and I got to sleep with him... it was like sleeping with a tornado.

On Friday, I got up early... we all did... and got ready. DH got the rental car while the little boys and I finished up our morning rituals. We were ready when DH got back. As it was before 9am, we weren't sure we would get into the cabin at FW. To our luck, we did! And into the same loop we had the last time, 2100.

Once we dropped off our stuff, we headed over to WWS to get all the registrations for the marathon and the kids races. The little boys both fell asleep! I waited with them in the car and DH went in by himself. He was almost done when both boys woke up, feeling much better. We met him inside and went to show the boys the kids races. I am glad we did so we would know what was going on. It was amazing to see all the runners and their kids... and the day was nice and warm and sunny!

We had lunch at Subway near Walmart, and then did some grocery shopping. We had decided we were going to pack lunches for our days and make some meals at the cabin in a crock pot (They had one at walmart for $15!). This turned out to work great for us... I was surprised... we saved a ton of money, especially with one picky eatter!

DH and DS#2 went back for naps, and DS#1 and I headed over to EPCOT for the afternoon. We rode Nemo, JITYI, and SE. DS#1 wanted to ride TT, but the line was over 40 minutes and he decided he didn't want to wait so we headed back to the cabin for dinner (lasagna).

We went to the campfire/singalong in the evening. DS#2 fell asleep (again!!!) on the walk over. We had a great time and there were a lot of people in attendance. DS#1 was so excited to meet Cowboy Bill... a real live singing cowboy!... he was super nice to him and leaned in to talk to #1 and shook his hand. Cowboy Bill made a 3yos night, that's for sure!!!!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got the earlier flight!
    Sounds like a great start. Can't wait to read about the race! (We ran the 1/2.)

Thanks for sharing!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Off to a great start! Its tough scheduling sometimes with all the naps the little ones need to take, isn't it? Terrific first day.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good day. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your flights and room reservations all clicked really well! You're off to a great start!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start. Good idea about the crock-pot. What meals did you do in it?
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: