Quantcast Borrowing Points???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Borrowing Points???

We are borrowing a friend's DVC points for our trip this year. DH has yet to get the particulars such as home resort and the like but I am impatient so I figured I would defer\ to the experts.

How difficult is it to get a DVC booking in November at VWL if it is not your home resort? Like I said I am unsure as to their home resort it may very well be VWL but it may not.

Any other info I may need would be apprecited. We have never borrowed points before so I am a bit green with the whole process. Thank you in advance for your help!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get the room in Nov, but I just wanted to say that IF it is their home resort, you are already within the 11 month window. I would find out if it's the home resort or not quickly.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

As the AP stated, you are within the 11 month window right now, so anyone/everyone who owns at VWL can book for November. If there are rooms left at 7 months, the rest of DVC members can start calling.

Find out quickly where they own, what you need to do right now is decide on the actual dates and have them bok you a room at their home resort, whatever that is. Then if you don't have VWL, have them call at the 7 month window OF YOUR ARRIVAL DATE to see if they can get you in there.

If they are home at SSR, it's probably not urgent that they book right now for your stay, I'm sure there will be something open at the 7 month mark, but for peace of mind, you can still do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It might also depend on when in November you are planning. A few days on either side of Thanksgiving are pretty popular and busy, but earlier and later in November often tend to be less crowded. Good luck with your reservations and have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    It might also depend on when in November you are planning. A few days on either side of Thanksgiving are pretty popular and busy, but earlier and later in November often tend to be less crowded. Good luck with your reservations and have a great time!
    We are thinking of the 5th - 15th of November. I'll have DH check with his friend ASAP for the home resort. It really isn't a big deal which DVC resort we stay in but I would prefer either VWL or BCV so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: