Quantcast Change One Thing - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Modifying FP for resort guest is the one thing that would make our trip better more than any other. I would let resort guests pre-order FPs much the way the DDP does. Like, 1 FP per member of your party for each night of your stay.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I wiah they would lower the price of tickets for
    children. I think paying for an adult ticket at
    10 is a little much. I think they should raise it
    to at least 13 when they become a teen. I don't
    mind the buses but it would be nice to have the
    monorail going to all parks.
    FIRST TRIP 1972
    LAST TRIP OCTOBER 2008
    NEXT TRIP MARCH 2009
    AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN
    REMEMBER IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go out on a limb here, FP for annual passholders and DVC members only, and NO SMOKING in the parks at all.
    There are to many rude guests that smoke anywhere they want.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Default I would

I would change .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
    Well I would add 1 more rollercoaster to each park

I can only walk around with the kids for so long before I need a ride

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this isn't realistic at all but......

I would turn back time and put HORIZONS right back where it belongs again.

And all would be right with the world.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Add a fifth gate with all the 'retired' attractions. Kind of a WDW Nostalgia park.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to vote for:

1. No smoking in the parks, period. Sorry...I don't have anything against smokers, I just have had too many instances where people have not respected the designated smoking areas.

2. I love the idea of expanding the monorails to all the parks! I think that would help with some of the over-crowded busses complaints and also add to the disney magic The monorail is so much more fun than the busses!
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Modifying FP for resort guest is the one thing that would make our trip better more than any other. I would let resort guests pre-order FPs much the way the DDP does. Like, 1 FP per member of your party for each night of your stay.

I would settle on that possibly, though may suggest only so many of these are given out per day, just to stop resort guests holding the monopoly on fast passes.

As said i have no issue with resort guests getting a few added bonuses, however i would object to doing so to the detriment of everyone else's day or taking things from guests who are just there for the day or staying offsite. Remember not everyone can afford to stay on site.

I saw the argument about "paying more money and deserving the fastpasses" though I can't find the post now. It's a fine line IMO and someone could then argue "why not make them annual pass holders only? They pay a lot of cash up front afterall." or maybe even "directors of the Disney Corporation and their immediate families only". There is no fair place to draw the line on this issue so the only fair thing to do is not draw the line.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Best answer by someone else: 5th gate of retired rides !! Mr Toad, Horizons, old Tikis, River Country !!

My only - half kidding - answer: the water

My fantasy answer: more "me"

My "would have made my last trip better": go back to length of stay tickets

My "actual" answer : go back to e-ticket nights
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

However, I don't think a theme park is the place to be contantly reminded of that lesson when kids just want to ride the rides.
    We always stay onsite and i cpompletely agree. WDW does not need to create a caste system for ride lines.

However, my one change would be an update to the fast pass system that would include kiosk machines in the parks and resorts that allow fastpasses for any attraction, but with the current rules (wait 2 hours or for current fastpass return window to open). I just hate it when I hike across the park just to grab a fastpass, especially without knowing what the return time is until I get there.
    I like that idea.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change One Thing

1) I would agree with the idea of the fastpass kiosks in each park being able to produce fastpasses for any attraction although i would change the rule to allow you to hold two fastpasses at a time

2) I also agree on the need of a better mass transit system to get you from park to park I had hard a rumor that they had looked into this and the monorail would not be cost efective but they are looking into a light rail system to run from epcot-hollywood studios-AK with buses to take you from your resort to your closest park

3) the water i would agree they need to put some sort of filtration system on thier water bublers there has been to many times the water tastes either of chlorine or smells of sulfer ( roten eggs)

Post Thanks / Like

I would enforce the rules already in place:

No heelies, everytime DS sees someone on them he asks. I always say it's the rules you can't use them here.

No line jumping

I would change the rule to absolutely no smoking in the parks.

I would set aside 20% of the tables in restaurants every night for walk ins. I'm not a good planner as far as meals so I'd love the option to walk up and get a table. I'm even willing to wait for it.

The first trip to WDW is overwhelming and then to see no restaurants available signs at the parks must be very disheartening for them. You know they've probably been going all day at the park so they don't miss anything and now they can't eat.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I think this discussion of Fastpass is interesting... I actually wrote my term paper on why DIsney is better than Universal in my freshman persuasive writing class and dealt with this topic... here's the quote from my paper:

Disney and Universal both offer many guest services- it’s just that Disney’s guest services are far superior to Universal’s. Both theme parks, for example, offer ways to shorten your time waiting in lines. However, it’s Disney that gives their guests- all of their guests- an advantage. While Universal permits line-cutting (for a price), Disney makes appointments through their FASTPASS system- guests insert their ticket into a machine and are given an hour long slot in which to get on the ride that will cut their wait time to usually less than ten minutes. For Universal’s guests, it’s a different story. In order to receive wait-shortening privileges, guests have to choose one of two options: A) stay at an expensive Universal hotel or B) shell out an additional fifteen dollars with your park admission to cut lines- once per ride, rather than the unlimited number of times you can get a FASTPASS. Disney’s FASTPASS option is complimentary with park admission. "There's something basically wrong with the attitude that money can buy some people out of the hassle of waiting in line," says Steve Baker, one of Disney’s original top managers and now an Orlando-based theme park consultant (Diamond).
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

I like the no heelies idea!

I would have later hours for the themed pool at the resorts (or at least Stormalong Bay - since we typically stay at the BCV). It seems like once we get back from the parks, the theme pool is either closed or will be closing shortly.
    Jambo everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I would change is to have more moderate and value resort rooms that can handle 6 people so there would be more choices for larger families that can not afford to stay at the Deluxe or Home Away From Home resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c&d View Post
    I would set aside 20% of the tables in restaurants every night for walk ins.
    Interesting. Then you could eat what your in the mood for that day rather than eating what you were in the mood for 3 months ago.
    Disney Vacation Club Members: June 2008

Trips to WDW Since May 1996: 28
    Disney Cruises Since May 2007: 5

Trip #29: 01/2012: 5 Nights OKW

Cruise #6: 07/2012: Disney Magic Cruise to Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Not in any particular order.

1) Make obtaining FP's easier. More machines in more places with all of the rides. I don't think the rules to them should be changed, just easier to get to instead of walking to the other side of the park.

2) More efficient transportation. (Eg. Monorail connecting all parks, more buses between parks and resorts.)

3) Update more of the resort rooms. WDW is known for it's attention to detail but it's lacking in the rooms of some resorts. IMO, a lot of the rooms are pretty bare with white walls and just aren't themed very well. (Eg. CBR, YC, BC, POFQ) But the new Contemporary and Boardwalk rooms are beautiful and are what I think Disney hotel rooms should look like.
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of a certain percentage of tables being set aside for walk-ins! Before the dining plan we never booked meals in advance and pretty much ate where we wanted (off season). I don't like the pressure of having to have a reservation or not having any hope of getting in.

One thing I would change: make the dining plan a points system. If you're unable to use one of your table service meals, it should be equivelant in points to, say, a counter service plus 2 snacks, if that makes sense. We have young kids and sitting down to a meal is not always a guaranteed thing. I don't like the idea of just losing out if we don't use all of our table service credits. I know they let you use it for counter service now, but that's not getting the same value out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

monorail to all parks and free pizza on friday
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

Post Thanks / Like

Monorail to all parks....sometimes trying to get to and back from the animal kingdom is crazy

Cast members who are willing to enforce the rules. Put a stop to kids using their wheelies, put those who line cut out of line....

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
    Dec. 1999--Poly
    June 2000--Disneyland
    Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
    Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
    Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: