Quantcast P.O.T.C. ruined by other guests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default P.O.T.C. ruined by other guests

seems like we were the only ones on the ride who followed the "No Flash Phtography Inside "

rule.

Ignorant people are everywhere. As soon as we left the loading area, there were 5 or 6 people on our boat taking flash photos at every scene in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Some airhead in the row ahead of us turned around and took a picture over her shoulder and the flash went off not two feet away from my wifes face. Stupid twit.

Seems like people get very myopic at WDW. Very selfish and just dont even think about other vactioners around them. Bad upbringing Id guess. Dont know what mgmt can do about it, but they gotta do something about this.

A few minor bumps aside, (We met our first Grumpy CM) it was a blessed week, and we are already counting down til our next trip. <12months to go!
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to us. Plus, someone took a video camera with a light on it and lit up the ride as well.
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thats annoying. How rude.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I once admitted to being a very remorseful perpetrator of flash photography in POTC, and unfortunately, my honesty was met with hostility. I will admit to being ignorant, and not using my brain. The only thing that can be said in my defense is that we walked straight onto the ride, and didn't hear the announcement about flash photography.

I should have realized that I could be bothering other people, but it didn't dawn on me. I will say that if someone had nicely, or even not so nicely, pointed out the rule, I would have stopped immediately. I'm not a rule breaker by nature, and I'd much rather be helpful than to be a nuisance.

I completely understand your irritation.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Were they Americans?

I have run into situations where people from other countries did not understand enough english, (or spanish seeing as they usually have the rules in spanish too) to know what was meant by flash photograpy.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the people that do not follow the Disney rules are Americans. Every single one of the smokers in lines are americans and usually have a few comments to make when we ask them to put their cigarettes out. It is sad that people do not follow the rules.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

That was the story of my entire October trip...any dark ride seemed to be plagued but people who didn't seem to understand the no flash pictures rule! I flat out told one woman on POTC that if she didn't stop taking pictures, I was going to ask a CM to call security (she was not only taking pictures, but standing up while we were moving.)

So annoying!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

The lady who shot a flash off in my wifes face was in fact American. 30-something with her husband and kids. No doubt raisng her children to be self centered jerks too

not really sure about the others on the ride.

Yes the modern cameras with the small monitor instead of a viewfinder also are distracting

Seems like there were many Brazilians in WDW this week. Lots of teen age groups all dressed in the same uniforms. Soccer tournement in town perhaps?

Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

This happened to us on our last trip, only in the Haunted Mansion. SO IRRITATING!
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the modern cameras with the small monitor instead of a viewfinder also are distracting
    Thanks for the reminder. I now have one of those cameras for my next trip, and while I wouldn't do any flash photography on a ride, I probably wouldn't have remembered that those monitors are also annoying.
    Gina a.k.a. cheshirecollector
    VMK name: Venetia

Next Trip: TBA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garthbarth1 View Post
    This happened to us on our last trip, only in the Haunted Mansion. SO IRRITATING!
    Of course anyhting they take in HM will not show up on film since its all optical illusions or behind glass. All they will get is a picture of the flash reflected off glass or a picture of other guests in Doom buggies across the room

Theyre too stupid to follow simple rules so theyre probably also too stupid to know photography 101 I guess

Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Seems like there were many Brazilians in WDW this week. Lots of teen age groups all dressed in the same uniforms. Soccer tournement in town perhaps?
    More likely tour groups. They all wear the same shirt, to help stay together.

Over the years while I have had problems with other Americans, most my problems have been with foreigners either because of languange barriers, or because of cultural differences. Either way, they did not understand that the Americans around them considered what they were doing to be rude.
    Last edited by Speedy1998; 02-14-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to have become a much bigger problem on POTC since they installed the Captain Jack AAs. Every time I have ridden since, we have been plagued my flash-photographers. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do beyond asking them to stop. I just try to remember that I'd rather be bothered in Disney World than relaxed anywhere else
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I just made a post like this on the DL board. It was like I was with a boatload of paparrazzi. Ridiculous!!

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter to me if they're Americans or foreigners,rude is rude in any language.I really think that the whole world has lost it's common sense.They seem to think that they paid alot for this vacation so anything goes.Well you know what?The rest of us paid alot also.Why don't these people just buy the pre made DVD of all the parks,the filming is better and they wouldn't be bothering the rest of us.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time I was in POTC I had turned off the flash, but the new camera I have has a light that flashes on autofocus. Once I realized what it was doing, I turned the camera off and put it away. I may end up going back to my old camera because of this.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been a long standing problem although it has definately escalated since they added Jack Sparrow to the mix. The ride is definately more enjoyable without all the Flashes going off since it ruins the setting of the show. I have to admit to taking a few flash pictures on the ride myself but only when I have become frustrated at all the flashes going off around me. I know 2 wrongs don't make it right but at least it stops me from yelling out in anger and I have something to take away from the experience. This is something that Disney needs to address and make an announcement on the ride like they use to do when people were using a flash. Since most CMs no longer take that intiative it has gotten much worse.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    but the new camera I have has a light that flashes on autofocus.
    Can you turn auto-focus off?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It's happened to me lots....but I honestly don't get really upset about it.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    It doesn't matter to me if they're Americans or foreigners,rude is rude in any language.I really think that the whole world has lost it's common sense.
    This really is so true. Usually any of the negative comments coming through these boards really get down to people being rude - and often not caring about it. And I'm sure it's not just at Disney. From flash photography when it's prohibited to line jumping to running into people with strollers and wheel chairs - it's about respect.

I truly think 98% of the people we encounter at Disney do offer each other that respect. Others just have never learned or don't care.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: