Quantcast Teppon Edo

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teppon Edo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppon Edo

Well, since we couldn't get into Le Cellier I thought we'd try something totally different. Has anyone got any reviews, good or bad, for Teppon Edo? Also, I noticed that it doesn't show on EPCOT's map on WDW's website. Thanks for the advice.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate there 2 weeks ago and loved it. The food was excellent and the chef was very entertaining. My seven year old (picky eater) loved it as well. She enjoyed eating with the chopsticks. We would go back there in a heartbeat. BTW, It is considered communal dining so you will be eating with strangers, and, it is located in the Japanese pavailon. Hope this helps. Have fun!!
    Jim aka PrincessASquared's Daddy º0º

DVC Owners as of August 1, 2007 at SSR!!
    2007 SSR
    2008 SSR

2008 - SSR
    2009 POP/BC
    2009 SSR
    2010 POP/OKW

2010 OKW
    2011 POP/BWV

Upcoming Trips
    2011 OKW
    2012 POP/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo is a great choice if you've never tried hibachi-style Japanese dining, or if you don't have one close to you in your home area. Good food, lots of fun. I prefer it to Le Cellier, actually. It probably doesn't show up due to recent refurbishment and name change from Teppanyaki.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, our whole family loves it, too. It's a show AND a meal. And it's got something for everyone. That is absolutely one of our "must do" restaurants when we go to WDW.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Teppen Edo

Quote Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
    Well, since we couldn't get into Le Cellier I thought we'd try something totally different. Has anyone got any reviews, good or bad, for Teppon Edo? Also, I noticed that it doesn't show on EPCOT's map on WDW's website. Thanks for the advice.
    We have eaten at Teppen Edo before. It is quite an enjoyable experience. It has to do with food, so it's gotta be good. We loved the service. The presentation. Everything was tasty, would go back again.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

We just made ADR's yesterday for our June visit and cannot wait to try it!!

Trish

Post Thanks / Like

It's my fav restaurant in all of WDW! (followed by a close 2nd with Ohanas) The food is excellent, the chefs are flamboyant, you get to intermingle with other guests. We had a great time at Teppan Edo!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went last year and it was probably the best meal we've had. Yeah it's a little expensive but not too expensive even by Disney's standards. I think the prices compare to hibachi grills in Ohio, actually. You get plenty of food (we couldn't finish ours) and we had a great server (Masa). The setting and decor made me feel like I was in a high end restaurant in Tokyo, it really is beautiful. And because we had our just married pins on they brought us free dessert and wrote 'happy wedding' in chocolate on the plate. We loved our experience. With all restaurants, you will have good and bad.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

It is one of our favorite places to eat and we go every time we visit. My daughter celebrated her 16th birthday there and they treated her like a princess. We've always had good food and our chefs have always been very entertaining.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
    Dec. 1999--Poly
    June 2000--Disneyland
    Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
    Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
    Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
    Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am very excited to see all the good reviews. I called today and got a 7:45 ressie with no problems at all. I am looking forward to this more and more. I love this type of food, but the wife isn't to fond of it. She saw that filet mignon was on the menu and easily agreed to give it a go. Thanks for all the responses.

Post Thanks / Like

With A 7:45 dinner time, you should be finishing your meal just as Illuminations is starting. You can walk right out onto the second floor balcony/porch at Teppan Edo and get a great view of the show. That's exactly what we did. Loved our meal there and had a lot of fun. Go a little early and while you are waiting for your table, shop in the Mitsukoshi Department store (downstairs). They have a lot of very cool toys and interesting souvenirs/gifts.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Loved it.
    Always nice to try something new.
    Don't forget to try eating with chopsticks. We were the only ones at our table last time to use them. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely have to give the chopsticks a try. thanks for the advice. My kids are going to love trying to eat with sticks....if they don't kill each other with them first.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. We made sure to make reservations for there for our trip in May. Have Fun!!
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I ate there in January and, like Hayden's Dad, our family will also be going back when we go back to WDW in May.

We really enjoy this place. I was on the dining plan and had plenty to eat. Prior to my meal, I had a cherry blossom martini which was a blend of plum wine, sake, and cranberry juice. Very tasty. For the main course, I chose the filet mignon. I was given a huge portion. It was very tender and cooked just the way I requested. Also included with the entree was a side of white rice (not the typical fried rice at Hibachi steak houses) and a zuchini and onion medley of vegetables. There was no salad or mushroom broth soup as is included in Hibachi steak houses here at home, but I was full at the end of the meal. Our chef's name was Tomo, and he was entertaining. One of the ladies at the table was a vegetarian and the chef took the time to make sure she could have butter or other items and cooked her meal before the rest of ours. At the end of the meal, I chose the chocolate ginger cake since it was included with the DDP, but got it to go and ate it later. Teppan Edo was a fun experience, and I can't wait to go back.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

You guys talked me into trying it in September!! Now I have to wait for 90 days!! I miss the 180 day window.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to see all of these great reviews. I am so excited about our dinner there.
    May, '08: 2nd child's first trip / Poly club level
    May, '09: Celebrating life @ CR club level
    May, '10: First time w/o diapers since '05 / Poly club level
    March, '11: First Trip Home to BLT!!!
    Dec, '11: First Christmas visit / BLT
    Oct, '12: First Oct. visit / BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in January and ate at Le Cellier and Teppan Edo, the kids still take about Teppan Edo and how they want to go again. It is fun to watch the chef perform in front of you. The only draw back is the noise.

Post Thanks / Like

This is our second favorite place to eat in WDW, our absolute favorite being Ohana. I think you have made a great choice and will be much happier with this instead of Le Cellier. We tried Le Cellier twice and didn't care for it either time.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We just tried it for the first time 2 nights ago. It was great. My daughter is very and picky and insists that we go back next time. You will not be sorry. Excellent service by the way.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7