Quantcast Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

So my Son and my Father will be going on the train tour at the Magic Kingdom, which I think will be really great for them.

I now need to figure something special to do with my daughter (age 5 1/2) and the BBB came to mind. My questions are these...

1) Is the $55 nails, hair, and makeup worth it?
    2) Will everything last if I get her the treatment at about 6:40 pm so that she will still look wonderful for her Storybook Princess breakfast the next morning at 8 am at Epcot?

I ask because being a divorced Dad with a daughter, I will freely admit that my makeup, hair and nail skills are less than perfect. I can put her hair in a ponytail or down with a headband and that is about it. I can do her nails, but nothing more than a basic painting.

Do you Mom's on here think the $55 would be well spent and would my DD enjoy the pampering she would receive?
    -- Gary --

First trip - June 19-25, 2002 FW cabins
    Second Trip - Nov 30- Dec 6 2004 Pop Century
    ThirdTrip - Nov 29 - Dec 8 2005 at the POLY!!!
    Fourth Trip - Mar 24 -31 2008, CBR
    Fifth Trip - March 19 - 25, 2011 at the CBR

Next trip - March 19 -25 2015 at CBR again! YIPPEE!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a great idea to do BBB with your daugther! I teach Kindergarten so I am very familiar with your daughter's age group and I am certain that she would love the experience. I have never actually been to the BBB, but I have heard from many people who think it is definitely money well spent. Make sure you take tons of pictures and get the Photopass ones as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My DD 3 got the hair, nails and makeup done in January and I think it's definitely worth it. If you were to buy the tiara, the jeweled face stickers, and the jeweled mickey barrette, it would cost you more than the BBB. It's wonderful! They get to keep all the above mentioned, plus they get a sash, 2 nail polishes, and makeup. The only thing I would be concerned about for you would be carrying it over to the next morning. My dd had hers done at 8:15 am. It lasted great all day, but when she woke up the next day and slept on it, her hair started coming out from the bun. If you something other than a princess style you might be fine. My DD just didn't look the same the next day. You could reapply her makeup, and you get extra face jewels, but the hair is hard to redo if you get the bun/tiara design. Hope that helps.
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will definitely be worth it! My DD has done BBB twice and looked more lovely then cinderella both time! Don't worry about the hairdo coming out! They use soooo much gel and hairspray it'll stick like glue!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it is so worth it. It was the funnest thing ever for both my daughters and I. I was in tears! They did the diva look and kept it in from 8am till the following night and still looked great the next day. If you want to see some pics, pm me your email and I will send you some pics. The girls truly felt like princesses all day, everyone goes out of their way to recognize them. I almost spent the $110 and let them do it on the day we left(since daddy doesn't do our disney trips).
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

If we had small children it would be a must for my daughter. What a memory. When you see them walking by all dolled up they look so proud of themselves. We love calling out to them, saying things like "look, a real princess." They are so cute. Do it, I think you will never forget it and your daughter won't either.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure she would love it. Whether it will hold up, I do not know. When we went there were no reservations left (3 months out at that) and so my daughter got face paint at AK. The boutique was nice, the little girls looked lovely, but if she is an active child, or if it is really hot and humid, the hair may not hold up and she may sweat off the makeup. I noticed a lot of girls looking uncomfortable in their dresses, so you might want to pack along a really pretty cotton dress for her to wear, rather then the hot polyesther princess dress. Big difference between pretty and comfortable. Maybe you could pack along a small makeup kit (available for a few dollars at Rite Aid) and touch up the makeup. I think she will love it and it is a memory worth making.

Post Thanks / Like

Your daughter will love it and you will have a ball as well! I feel the $55.00 package is worth it as an up do, make-up and nails would cost the same or more in a professional salon. As for the durability, we went in the hot and humid month of June and DD hair was fine. As for the make-up, it will wear but they give your daughter a gift bag with a small make-up kit, a comb, nails or polish and stickers. My daughter chose the press-on nails and they came off quickly, go for the polish. Also, be sure to bring any brushes or combs that work well on your daughter. Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Absolutely! My daughter has gotten the hairstyle with the crown (I forget the name of it) twice now. You get to keep the crown, make up, and nail polish. They sell them in the gift shop and they add up to close to $30. I also bring a costume from home. She could put on the dress during her breakfast and she will feel like such a princess. I had my daughters package at 10am one morning and the breakfast wasn't until the next morning and all was still well! In fact, they use so much hairspray the hairstyle stayed for days. She did take a bath and swim in the pools but she refused to wash her hair. This would be something so special for you two! Enjoy!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I think your DD will absolutely love it and IMHO it's definitely worth the money. We took all four of our DDs (ages 3-8) when we went on 2007 & it was certainly a highlight in their trip.

We had our appt around 4pm and my girls hair was still fine the next day...
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth it but I would skip the nails. The first time we went my daughter did the nails and once I realized it was a thin coat of kiddie polish, we skipped it the next time. You couldn't even see it. They do give you the polish, so if you do go with that package it's still worth it because you can reapply as needed.
    My daughter always looks a complete reck in the morning. So her hair didn't really last over night but with a little help I was able to make it look okay for the next day.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: