Quantcast Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom

I read about this on another (reliable) site:

See press release below.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw that too. I'm interested in hearing some reviews. DH is considering it for our trip in July - you mention "dessert" and "buffet" in the same sentence and he's all for it!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely going to have to check into this one for our September trip!! We tend to watch Wishes from the lower patio of The Plaza Restaurant. Seeing Tinkerbell coming straight at you is really neat.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the original posting -- The OP neglected to mention that this only runs from June 23 to August 28.

It will be long done before we get there! I got all excited over nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh darn well hopefully we will hear some reviews from people who will be there at that time.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe popularity will kep it running....it csounds great!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the press release from Disney.

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Dessert Party Starts June 23rd

Guests are invited to a new nightly celebration at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station that includes a dessert party and exclusive viewing of Wishes nighttime spectacular.

This brand new experience starts Tuesday, June 23, and will be available all summer long through August 28, 2009. The Fireworks Dessert Party will open nightly to Guests one hour prior to the nighttime spectacular and includes a self-service buffet featuring a wide range of sweets and beverages. Offerings for Guests with special dietary needs will be available.

Guests are encouraged to call (407) WDW-DINE to make reservations. Reservations will be accepted beginning Monday, June 22. Reservations are not required but are highly recommended due to the anticipated popularity of this experience. Seating is limited. Space permitting, seating for walk-ups may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

The price for this experience is $17.99 for Guests ages 10 and over and $9.99 for Guests ages 3 - 9. Park admission to Magic Kingdom Park is required. The Disney Dining Plan is not currently being accepted. Prepayment will be required reserving seats for this event in advance.
    šš*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings. I was just there and the site is down right now. I want to change my dining reservation for that night just slightly earlier.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they decide to continue this cause we arent going until Oct and would love to try this. We did a special reserved seating dessert buffet for Fantasmic when we were in DL a few years ago and it was great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pally View Post
    We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings.
    I checked online last night and this event is not listed...what was listed though was a buffet at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace for selected nights throughout the summer (like one night a week). They didn't list hours though.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched them from there before, and unless your in the 1st two rows of tables the view is awful.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Today's the first day, anybody planning to go?
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pally View Post
    We are going to try and get a booking. I was wondering if this can be done in the on-line bookings. I was just there and the site is down right now. I want to change my dining reservation for that night just slightly earlier.
    I booked this for the 27th of August. I was able to change my dining reservation for 1900 Park Fare today to an earlier booking. I had been trying to change it for the last two days. I was so happy to see this was available earlier today because it is booked the whole time we there. So I recommend keep trying for what you want. You might just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I checked online last night and this event is not listed...what was listed though was a buffet at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace for selected nights throughout the summer (like one night a week). They didn't list hours though.
    When I called Disney yesterday to book the CM did not know about the event. She had to put me on hold for a couple of minutes. When she came back she had the info. It is at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrance starting one hour prior to Wishes.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

I am disappointed by this news. This is our favorite spot to watch the fireworks b/c we have a great view of Tink flying over our heads. I suspect that Disney thinks they can turn this spot into another money-making opportunity. It's already expensive enough to go on a Disney vaca without all the nickle and diming.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there on August 10th!
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it on! It would be great to do that! A Dessert party. I would gladly pay $17.99 to do that and watch the fireworks too. Mainly the dessert though If they could extend it to the end of September, I would definitely go. Whoever goes, come back by and let us know how it is. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I've watched them from there before, and unless your in the 1st two rows of tables the view is awful.
    This concerns me. I haven't watched from that location before but thought this would be a great thing to do with some first-timers. I wonder how many "seats" Disney is selling. I hope we get a report of the event soon!

Post Thanks / Like

The dessert party sounds fun -- but it gives me one concern . . . will they be blocking off the area? I'm sure the seating will be for paying party-goers only, but I'm thinking of the walking path through the restaurant -- over to the bathrooms. If they try for crowd control -- and send people around, that would mean navigating the crowds on Main Street to get to those bathrooms . . . ..
    While I'd enjoy doing the party, it would only be something we could do once in a trip -- using the potties, though . . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmbkjb View Post
    I am disappointed by this news. This is our favorite spot to watch the fireworks b/c we have a great view of Tink flying over our heads. I suspect that Disney thinks they can turn this spot into another money-making opportunity. It's already expensive enough to go on a Disney vaca without all the nickle and diming.
    I agree. We get there about an hour to an hour and a half before and sit right under the wire where Tink flies. To do that now it would cost my family 5 X $17.99 plus $9.99. We somtimes get an ice cream and wait for Tink. Much cheaper than what they are offering now.

I guess the good thing is that it is only certain nights so if you don't want to do it but you want to sit there, then you could plan it on an off night.
    1973 FW(in mom's womb)1974-1994 too many! FW1997,1998, 2000 WL Jan.2001, CS June 2001, FW 2002, 2004, July 2005-No Kids!, CS Nov 2005 Free Lady Emily Trip, AM May 2006, FW Dec-Jan 2006-2007, FW June 2009, House off site 2012, FW Spring Break 2013, FW Spring Break 2016, Staybridge 2018 No kids! AP

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: