Quantcast When does the magic wear off??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When does the magic wear off??

Okay for all you multiple multiple time visitors to WDW when does the magic wear off?? I totally understand that the magic never truly wears off because we love to go back so much. But what I mean is when do you start to notice little annoyances in the parks??

My first time there I was so in awh the entire time that I couldn't find a single thing wrong with the parks. But on each trip I go back I kind of notice things: trash on the ground, inappropriate T-shirts on guests, people smoking outside of designated areas, etc....
    Either I am just starting to notice these things or else I am getting older and cranky.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the magic really does not wain because of trash or bad t-shirts, and the strollers can be a pain sometime.

I guess the magic really gets less when I get low on cash and there is something that I really want and cant get it.

Oh! WOW. thats almost everyday.

Never mind I'm good, thank you.

16 days till another trip
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

While we are there, very little will diminish the magic. Once we get home, however, we tend to look back and see the little chinks in the Disney armor.

WDW is still one of the most relaxing, stress relieving vacations we take.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm well I try to remember that the guests are a variable so you can't really help that. About the third trip I noticed the trash here and there and maybe some maintainance/repairs but compared to other parks the magic will never wear off for me.
    Last time we were there they were working on the train station at MK and they took the time to make a "mural" of the part they were working on and use that for cover so yuo didn't really notice. Same for when they were working on the Castle one time on one trip. Thats what helps keep the maigc going. All the things Disney does to "disguse" the everyday things that must get done.
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Never for me!

Post Thanks / Like

in my life i've been over 30 times to disney..and i can honestly say the thril, the love, the childlike glee i feel every time has never worn off.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

The last few times I've gone with my (small) children it's been really exhausting, so for a little while after I come back, I feel all Disneyed-out. But the urge to return always comes back within a month or two. So for me the magic will probably never completely wear off.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong the magic hasn't worn out on me... I love WDW. Compared to other vacation destinations it is far and away number one in terms of cleanliness and quality. I am just saying there are those little things that WDW can really do nothing about that you begin to notice as you return many times. I am not calling anyone out, I don't want to start a nasty thread

Post Thanks / Like

The magic has never worn out for me! Sure, WDW isn't perfect, but the good always out weights the bad by 99%. The only complains I have are my feet hurting from wanting to do so much and scooters having to be lifted onto the bus. The annoyance of the scooters getting on the bus has to do a lot with my feet hurting because it's usually late at night when the scooter/bus/feet/hurting thing happens :P

The last trip I has last Nov. was so magical and wonderful, I have no annoyances what-so-ever.
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I haven't had enough trips yet - I'm still only 5 in.

I think I know where you're coming from. There were a few moments during my last 2 trips in which my "Oh, wow!" turned into an "Awwww, maaaaan!" But, thankfully, the "Oh, wow!" factor returned almost instantly and so, though I know there were a few, those "Aw, man!" moments were quickly squashed from memory.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of it has to do with "your" attitude when you go in. Our first visit was much the same as you described and we found nothing wrong. The second visit we noticed a BiG change in our mousekeeping and the park employees attitudes toward guest etc. But, we went back for a third trip not expecting much and found that it was our best trip to date. I think that because we didn't EXPECT a lot we got FANTISTIC. I admit that I can't wait to go back, because my family leaves all concerns at home and we visit another "world" away from reality at DWD.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

never. Those little things do not bother me. When it does I will find somewhere else to go! (I dont think that will ever happen though!)

Post Thanks / Like

it doesn't really ever wear off for us but I think thts because we come from a long way away and can only afford to go once a year (after much saving). There have been little disapointments but never anything to ruin the magic. Like not getting the lei's when we checked in at the poly last year cause there we no Kids. Bit disappointing but I am at disney world so I don't care.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

There are only two things that bother me and I have a lot of trips under my belt.
    1. Dirty rooms. There is just no excuse for a dirty room. Mousekeeping is being paid to keep it clean.

2. People who sneak on to the bus when the back doors are open either to let people off or let a wheelchair/ecv on. It bothers me but not enough to ruin my vacation. I did noptice a bus driver catching someone doing this and he made him get off the bus. I felt like the magic had returned instantly.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not so much that the magic has worn off for me, but I do look back more fondly on our trips when my kids were really little. Everyone said it was a waste to bring kids before they could remember it or before they could ride everything. That is so not true. The magic was so alive when they were little. They truly believed in everything and were so amazed at the tinyest of things. It definitely made those trips more magical and those are the trips I remember being some of our best. But now that they are older the magic still lives on for our family, just in a different way now. Its fun to all be able to ride everything together. I really try not to let other guests, peeling paint and other "petty" things ruin our magic.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    While we are there, very little will diminish the magic. Once we get home, however, we tend to look back and see the little chinks in the Disney armor.

WDW is still one of the most relaxing, stress relieving vacations we take.
    I've gotta agree here. While I may notice the trash or gum on rides, or chipping paint, I am just so happy to be there it doesn't affect me, its only later when I get home that I start to think about it
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't notice much at WDW -- but DL is another matter!

Guests smoking as they walk through crowds, people casually leaving trash (especially nacho cheese sauce!) on walls in queues (which is dumb because there are cans all over the place). Maybe the problem with DL is because it is a more local driven park, lots of people (and many unaccompanied teens) on AP's for whom the visit isn't so much magical and special as just a way to spend the day. The DL crowd seems more 20ish than the WDW crowd, which is mostly families.

Of course at either park you see people giving in to major tantrums by providing children with sugar and toys, or worse, seeing children who are throwing tantrums not because they are spoiled but because they are exhausted beyond reason. Double strollers for a single child really annoys me at times, or having an ECV swerve into me.

That being said, I love to go. And if I get a nap and a good night sleep that stuff doesn't bother me nearly so much (except the smoking in crowds bit, I mean really)
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only been to WDW 3 times (using DVC for 1st time in Feb) so the "magic" is always there for me. I do go to Disneyland once a month, and while its not as vast as WDW, I still cant get enough of Disney.
    If I do have any "annoyances" its when people act like they are the only ones in the park. I try to remember that I am not the only one there and that everyone paid good money to be there, so I try to be considerate when standing in line or when pushing my 1 yo in the stroller. But this is just my personality and I know that people aren't trying to be inconsiderate on purpose (some I know are). In the end, there really is nothing that wears off for me.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has ever ruined a vacation for me - even if something does bother me a little, I always just shrug it off. I can't let anything bother me - I'm on vacation for a reason!
    BTW - 10th trip and honeymoon coming up in 2 weeks!
    Jan. 99 AllStar Music ;Jun 01 AllStar Sports; Jul 2003 Dolphin;May. 04 -AllStar Movies, Jan 07 Wilderness Lodge; Jun 2007 Pop Century; Jan 2008 Port Orleans Riverside; Aug 08 Pop Century; Jun 09 Saratoga Springs, Aug 09 Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 10 Boardwalk; Oct 10 Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

It hasn't for us yet.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: