Quantcast Any tips for early December?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any tips for early December?

I just read that part of our trip (December 3 - 12) will be shared with Pop Warner teens, although Pop Century appears to be a safe place to be staying. Other than being prepared for occasional crazed-teen sightings, any other hints to make our trip (when I'll also be celebrating my 39+21th birthday) even more memorable?

Thanks!
    Kat70
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..." and I'm dreaming of Walt Disney World!

April 1988 - Sonesta Beach (off site)
    May 1997 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2009 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the taping of the Christmas parade is December 4-6 in the MK. You might see some famous people walking around. Regis and Kelly host it.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been during that time The teens at the parks were minimal. A nice break is going to check out all the wonderful Christmas decorations@GF, WL, Beach Club just to mention a few. Have fun during this magical time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green ranger View Post
    I believe the taping of the Christmas parade is December 4-6 in the MK. You might see some famous people walking around. Regis and Kelly host it.
    That's true. Just keep in mind that MK can be insanely crowded on parade taping days, especially Saturday,
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you get a chance to check out the Osborne Lights at DHS. It is my favorite thing to do at Disney that time of year. Like the PP stated, I would stay away from MK during parade tapings. Have a great trip!
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I will be there the exact same days you will be! It's our favorite time to go to WDW, along with mid-late October.

Be prepared for all kinds of weather. We've gone to WDW during this time in 2003, 2006 and 2007. 2006 and 2007 were both warm and sunny, with only a couple cold evenings thrown in there. Most days were upper 70's to mid 80's, oodles of sun, and totally dry. BUT, you could just as easily have chilly days, too. I'm hoping for warmer days again.

You'll have to check out the resorts on the monorail and see their decorations. We love the gingerbread house at the Grand Flo. The delicious scent fills the lobby, and the decorations are amazing.

The crowds will be pretty decent during this time since it's right after Thanksgiving, and the Christmas crowds haven't really shown up yet. You will not really notice the Pop Warner kids in the parks except for a few groups here and there. It's not bad at all.

Definitely don't miss the tree lighting at Epcot, and the castle lighting at MK. The castle is absolutely stunning decorate with all those lights!

We also love strolling around WS at night and listening to the various story tellers in the different countries. I especially love Germany and Norway.

Oh, and the Christmas finale to Illuminations is so beautiful! Do not miss!!!

I can't wait to go!!!!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Take the time to enjoy the resort decorations. The WL is fantastic, as are the campsites at FW. Have a great time
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Thanks!

I really appreciate the quick response and great tips. We love taking the monorail around the park and exploring the various resorts, and I'm sure it'll be especially nice with the holiday decorations. And good to know we needn't worry about the Pop Warner impact. We saw them setting up the Osmond lights when we there in October, celebrating our daughter's 10th anniversary. (It was hearing how much fun they'd had on their honeymoon in 1996 that sent us there to celebrate our anniversary in May of '97!) Thanks, again, everyone. And Happy Countdowns to those of you with your next trip planned.

Kat70

Post Thanks / Like

I also recommend checking out the resorts to see their decorations.

Check the weather forecast before you leave home to make sure you are prepared just in case there is some cooler weather.

One of my favorite things to do is to ride the TTA and just look around the Magic Kingdom.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Question All set for MVMCP on my birthday! Suggestions?

At least that part of my birthday celebration is all set. I'm still waiting for my niece/travel agent and her WDW sales agent to work some magic for my birthday meal celebration .. the Castle is still booked due to special events planned there by the Pop Warner group. But I'm sure I'll still end up doing something fun. Does anyone have any hints on how to take best advantage of MVMCP? Anything we need to be aware of??

Thanks!

Kat70

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there during that time to, we arrive on the 5th staying to the 12th. Congratulations on your birthday celebration. I hope its a wonderful time and a very memorable birthday for you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: