Quantcast White after Labor Day? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Hey, why not? Fashion experts say the white rule (supposedly not before Easter or after Labor Day) is long dead, so wear what you want and enjoy.
    Those Fashion Experts must be from New York City; they are CLEARLY not from the Deep South!

I'm a Southern Girl as well, and I just can't do it. Even though 50,000 other people will be wearing white (and . . .GASP . .jorts!!), I won't be. White shirts are just fine, as everyone knows that a crisp white shirt goes with everything and accessorizes fabulously.

The rule as I was taught is no white BELOW THE WAIST after Labor Day or before Easter. This refers to pants, shorts, skirts, or shoes (with the exception of athletic shoes or Keds, which do not count as athetic shoes in my book).

(Undergarments are not considered in this equation because nobody sees them. Plus, I'm sure that your mamma always taught you that if you're in an accident, you want to be sure that you're wearing clean white underwear so the folks at the ER know that you come from Good People.)

Tradition aside . . . I'd rather not worry about getting wet or sitting on a bench that is not perfectly clean.
    Second Star to the Right, and Straight on til Morning!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I grew up in New England, the rule was that you could only wear white pants and shoes after Memorial Day and before Labor Day. It makes sense, really. In New England it's not even close to summer season until June!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post

I'm a Southern Girl as well, and I just can't do it. Even though 50,000 other people will be wearing white (and . . .GASP . .jorts

Another question, What are jorts?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

You can't wear white after Labor Day? I've heard that before but it's not something I've ever considered or worried about.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardingella View Post
    Another question, What are jorts?
    I guess you must have missed the big jorts discussion a while back. Jorts, as we discovered, are what we are now calling jean shorts. Which are apparently now considered quite tacky. But mostly just on men, or on women if they are the ones that look like short versions of mom jeans. At least, that seemed to be the consensus.

Back to the white after labor day issue - I grew up in the midwest, and was also taught the rule, and still pretty much stick by it. But, I break it whenever we go to WDW in late September. I sort of feel like I am stepping out of the real world and into a world of perpetual summer. If its 95 degrees - white shorts and flip flops seem perfectly appropriate to me!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't anyone heard of "winter white"? I have beautiful slacks and a coat that are white. I also have white knee high boots that I like to wear in the winter.

In my opinion, if you're in Florida and it's hot, wear white shorts. I kind of think you should have some tan legs though. I think white shorts can really highlight white legs.

As for your ironing, go for it! I too am an ironer. I would never leave my house in wrinkled clothing. Why would I walk around DW in wrinkled clothing? I don't understand why people think vacation equates slob? And, the Downy Wrinkle Release doesn't work for me. Maybe I do it wrong, but it doesn't get wrinkles out any easier than ironing for me. By the time you smooth the fabric down enough, you might as well iron!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: