Quantcast Photopass CD - No More Pre-Orders - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked this question directly to disneyphotopass.com and this is the response I got.

The pre-arrival savings offer is made available through the marketing
    department of Disney Destinations. In order to receive this prepurchase
    offer, the guest must meet the following guidelines:

-Have an upcoming reservation in a Walt Disney World Hotel

-Have their email address on file in the marketing database

-Have opted in to receive email from the Walt Disney World company

If you meet these requirements, you can expect to see this email about
    10 days prior to your arrival. Once you have received this email, you
    are within a safe time frame in which to make your prepurchase without
    worry that your promotion code/s will expire.

If you do not receive this offer, it could be because your email address
    is not on file and/or permission was not granted to send marketing
    messages to you. Also, if you booked through a travel agent, we may not
    have your email address in our database. The pre-arrival savings offer
    is meant for guests who purchase before their trip.

If you have lost your offer, we regret that we are not able to replace
    or extend this invitation as this offer is not sent out by
    DisneyPhotoPass.com.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Mary Rose
    Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had decided not to purchase the cd this year anyway but it's too bad for all of you who wanted to. I have found that there are not half as many photopass photogrophers as there was the first few years we purchased it. Last year we actually would have to look around for a photographer and most of the pictures came out poorly. I also hated the fact that you could upload your own photos and add borders to them but they did not come on the cd. My kids are getting older and it is hard enough to get them to just stop for a minute while I take a photo and really hard to get them to take time to hunt down a photographer.
    We bring 3 cameras to parks with us, I carry one and both my daughters do and we take random shots of each other all day long so we do end up with alot of photos of all of us anyway.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    I have found that there are not half as many photopass photogrophers as there was the first few years we purchased it. Last year we actually would have to look around for a photographer and most of the pictures came out poorly.
    Now see, I actually though on our last two trips (Dec, Jan) that there were too many photopass people around!! Seems every place I turned, there one was... standing right where I wanted to stand to get a picture. Seemed kind-of rude to ask them to move...

But I do agree on the quality... now that there are so many, I don't think they're as well trained with lighting, etc., b/c quite a few of our photos came out dark, and there's no way to photoshop them on the Disney site. Thank goodness I pre-ordered the CD, as once I had the CD uploaded to my computer, I was able to crop pics and add lighting, which helped tremendously.

Too bad this is now only available for resort guests... although I always plan on being one, it stinks for those who choose to stay elsewhere.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that it is harder to find the photographers too. I had to really look for them. And then some one only take 1!!! or two of the same pose, and I thought each should do a few poses and add some variety in them. I had to ask almost every time to get a special effects one.

Post Thanks / Like

What a bad PR move!! It does not cost Disney more to make the CD if you pay for it before or after your trip. The extra money for guests that purchase the CD after is pure gravy. And I am shocked Disney is passing up an opportunity to get guest's money in advance of providing a service.

If they want to keep this as a Disney Resort Guest Perk - they could ask for a reservation number when you place the order.

I am willing to bet that in the near future the Photopass Photographers will not be allowed to take pictures with guests' cameras and cite some spiel about risk and liability with using the guests' personal property.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Appears they are closing loopholes...

Basically insuring you are paying current (inflated) pricing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
    I was going to pre purchase on Friday but I did not have my credit card on me. When I just read the post about no more pre purchase I logged into my account and thankfully it was there, saved in my cart. I am sad to hear that this option is no longer avail it anyone gets the email could you please tell us what the discount entails? I am very curious! Thanks!
    You are a lifesaver. I didn't think of checking my cart. Mine is there too!!
    1987 Disneyland
    2000 Coronado Springs
    2002 Carribbean Beach (Honeymoon)
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2006 Animal Kingdon Lodge
    Universal Portofino Bay

coming up
    November 9th-18th Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I am also curious what the email discount is. I'm not sure I should check out until I get the email discount.
    But what if my cart clears?!

Always looking for the bigger, better, deal. lol!
    1987 Disneyland
    2000 Coronado Springs
    2003 Coronado Springs
    Universal Portofino Bay

coming up

Post Thanks / Like

What a shame! I suppose as long as they're consistent about offering it when you book a trip, it will be fine. I have to agree with others, I don't know that I would pay more than $99 for it.

Post Thanks / Like

So how will it work now? You just get a card from the first photographer you meet in the parks and then use that card for all pictures during your trip? I'm confused.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the email from Disney Destinations with the Photopass offer on the bottom.

It is basically the same thing they were offering before.

The deluxe for $179 and the photopass CD for $99. They have also added a personalized photopass card for $4.95.

I think the major difference is that it has an expiration date. Ours expires the day before our vacation package starts.

My bet is they are trying to fix where you could come home from your trip and still "preorder" the pass with the preorder price. (I saw this was happening on some other boards)

So, same deal. I just hope they offer it to everyone.

BTW I logged into my photopass account yesterday and entered the number on the photopass card that came in my reservation packet. I also made sure that in my profile the box was checked to receive emails and special offers. I don't know if this could have triggered the email from Disney or not.
    1987 Disneyland
    2000 Coronado Springs
    2003 Coronado Springs
    Universal Portofino Bay

coming up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tesslor View Post
    I also made sure that in my profile the box was checked to receive emails and special offers. I don't know if this could have triggered the email from Disney or not.
    Good idea! I just checked mine as well
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tesslor View Post
    I
    So, same deal. I just hope they offer it to everyone.
    Nope...I called DVC member services yesterday to find out if they would be sending promotional codes to DVC members with booked vacations and was told NO, not at this time.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    Nope...I called DVC member services yesterday to find out if they would be sending promotional codes to DVC members with booked vacations and was told NO, not at this time.
    Just one more reason I keep holding off on that purchase... as much as I'd like to hear "welcome home" and know that I have a permanent place to always go, I just can't believe how little you guys get back, and it seems they just keep turning the screws to you. Sorry to hear you can't even have a "legitimate" reservation now for something as simple as this!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Seriously? So even though DVC members will meet the requirement of staying in a Disney resort hotel, we won't be able to get the discount and pre-order a photopass CD? Unbelievable. Guess that means no more PhotoPass CDs for me, 'cause there's no way I'm paying more than $100 for it!!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Tesslor! It's good to know that someone has gotten the offer and that it was the same price. So now, you get a photopass card with your vacation package? I assume that's how you would get a personalized one for the extra cost. How are you able to personalize it, with a picture, your name, both? And, I assume you can only get this offer if you book directly through Disney reservations?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad this thread was started! I actually went in yesterday to pre-purchase my CD, and the link was disabled. Then I came in here, did a search, and found my answer. Yet another reason why Intercot rocks!

We are currently 12 days out from our next trip, so I did register the card that came with my vacation documents, so hopefully, I'll get the email about the pre-purchase soon.

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Just one more reason I keep holding off on that purchase... as much as I'd like to hear "welcome home" and know that I have a permanent place to always go, I just can't believe how little you guys get back, and it seems they just keep turning the screws to you. Sorry to hear you can't even have a "legitimate" reservation now for something as simple as this!!
    Thanks. Between things like this and money grabbing climate that exists there now, I honestly feel like the biggest sucker for buying into the DVC. I have been trying to get DH to sell for about 3 years now but he's the bigger Disney/travel fan so he's not willing to seriously think about it.

I am glad there is a discount for most vacationers - it really is a good deal if you like to have lots of pictures. The whole cd/photo release appeals to the scrapbooker in me. I'll just have to get over my shyness and ask people to take our picture or learn photoshop really well and crop ourselves into pictures when I get home. I just refuse to give Disney one more dime then I feel necessary.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be sure I'm going to double check with member services/disnephotopass to see if I get a different answer. Since often member services doesn't always have the correct info.

In my post earlier in this thread I posted in green the response I received originally from Disney PhotoPass and no where does it mention that DVC members are not eligible.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Just to be sure I'm going to double check with member services/disnephotopass to see if I get a different answer. Since often member services doesn't always have the correct info.

In my post earlier in this thread I posted in green the response I received originally from Disney PhotoPass and no where does it mention that DVC members are not eligible.
    The guy I spoke with didn't say we weren't eligible...he said that at this time there are no promotional codes available to DVC members even though it seems like everyone and their brother have them if they are not staying on points.

But I'll watch to see what information you get. I hate the need to call Disney a bunch of times to get a straight answer and even then it is sometimes up for debate. But I don't see some email magically appearing with a code for my trip at the end of the month.
    ~ Christine

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: