Quantcast Need some advice on Oct.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need some advice on Oct.

We are planning on going down the last week of oct. I was wondering how hot and humid it is? Also besides the Halloween party at MK do the hotels have any special events for Halloween? How busy is it? I also was going to make my res. now so I can pay on it monthly and I was wondering if a special came up if they would put me into it automatically or do I need to call? Thank you for your input.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you book through the Magical Journeys agency, they will automatically change your reservation to reflect discounts or specials. They have saved me hundreds and cost me nothing. I'm a convert. If you book on your own through WDW Travel, you will have to rebook on your own or just lose out if specials or discounts come up. They will not automatically apply them. This is why I love booking through MJ (an ICOT Sponsor- see sidebar).

End of October: Usually warm but not overly hot and humid. Usually 70s-80s but we have had some 90s and some 50s, depending. We also had a hurricane in that week one year, so anything can happen. It's not normally the rainy time of year. I love the weather in late October.

I believe the resorts do some trick or treating on actual Halloween. There's also the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot through October. I think it's a great time to go. Moderate crowds, for the most part. Weekends at World Showcase can bring high crowds.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would ditto what Sherri said, especially about booking through Magical Journeys. Makes it MUCH easier and doesn't cost you a thing.

All I would add is that I don't remember hearing anything this year about the resorts doing anything, but Downtown Disney has trick-or-treating (though it's packed). Crowds are moderate and can be pretty heavy on the weekend.

Check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central for exact weather on your dates for the last few years. That will give you a good picture of what to expect.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from WDW last week. While it is a lovely time to go it is still a bit hot. It was abnormally hot last week...95 feels like 101.

Our hotel...CSR has trick o treating and a pool movie on Halloween. The sign they had up said they had trick o treating with characters but I was not there to confirm. We went DTD. DTD has trick o treating and some other shows but man was that jam packed!!!

I feel like the crowds are wonderful in October. We love it!! We always go the last week or the week before the last week.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

October is a good time to go. We generally find the temps to be moderate (for Florida ) and not too humid. But there can always be exceptions to that. This year there were near record to record highs just before we got there on mid Oct and then near record lows out first 3 days followed by unusual highs afterwards. But generally, over about 20 years it's been reasonable.

Halloween typically is primarily MK and main street. Resorts don't really decorate but often have activities for kids on the 31st.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

WL had a parade and trick or treating for the kids this year. We went to MNSSHP but I spoke with some people at the pool that said it was fun.

The first few days were uncharacteristically hot but then it settled back to warm days and cooler nights.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: