Quantcast American Idol: Season 9 - Page 15

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I also didn't see why the judges were gushing over Aaron so much last night. I thought he was pretty terrible! But, I haven't been a fan of his from the beginning, so maybe I'm biased.

I've pretty much had the same feelings about everyone after every show for the past few weeks: Crystal was awesome; Lee was really good; Casey was boring; Michael was ok but nothing special; Tim and Aaron should have left a long time ago; and Siobhan is annoying and grates on my nerves and eardrums.

I'm wondering if Crystal will have the same fate as others who were considered front runners but left the show way too early, like Chris Daughtry? I hope not, because she is the only one I really want to see when I watch the show...but it could be another case of everyone thinking she's safe and not bothering to vote for her.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since American Idol ran overtime last night, my DVR stopped recording before they announced who got voted off (which is really the only thing I had recorded it for, I actually fast-forwarded it through most of the other stuff). After going to the website, I saw that it was Tim Urban, which wasn't unexpected. I still don't get how Aaron stays on week after week, but at least he was in the bottom three, as well as Casey. Those were the correct three, IMO.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand how Aaron & Siobhan both keep getting by. I think they are both over rated, and I don't see the appeal of either one.

Although I am dissapointed Tim left, I think he will have a very successful career without Idol.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I'll tell you how boring they all were on Tuesday night - I fell asleep half way through Casey's song and didn't wake up until Crystal was standing there crying.
    Sure hope they perk up for the next show.....Oh wait a minute, I don't care, I'm going to be at DISNEY WORLD!!!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

My bad on Tim with that "too old" comment. I actually had no clue he was that young and that Zac was in his 20s. Totally would've reversed those ages!
    I think Siobhan has more raw talent than Tim though.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    My bad on Tim with that "too old" comment. I actually had no clue he was that young and that Zac was in his 20s. Totally would've reversed those ages!
    I think Siobhan has more raw talent than Tim though.
    No prob

I think that is the problem with Siobhan "raw talent" shouldn't she be more defined and more skilled at this stage in the competition? I think her and Aaron both are no where near the level of talent that previous contestants have had at this stage in the game, of course that being said, that could go for everyone that is left besides Crystal & Lee IMHO. Very lackluster this year, at the beginning of the season, there seemed to be so much promise and talent, and now, I am wondering how some of these people made it past hollywood.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    I think that is the problem with Siobhan "raw talent" shouldn't she be more defined and more skilled at this stage in the competition? I think her and Aaron both are no where near the level of talent that previous contestants have had at this stage in the game
    You mean like Jasmine Trias? Syesha Mercado? Sanjaya Malakar? Anthony Fedorov? John Stevens?

Sorry, I can't agree with you about that. While she clearly isn't going to win, she's definitely in line with many other Top 7 contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    Very lackluster this year
    People say that every year. I just don't buy it.
    bicker
    Don't take it personally, it's only business!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Siobhan has an amazing voice. Her stage presence and confidence could use some work, but IMO her pure talent alone makes her worthy of being where she is.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another meh night. Shania Twain songs? Really? I don't mind Shania, but I don't think of her as having enough of a variety of hit songs to make for an entertaining Idol evening. And I think I was right.

My favorites? Crystal, Casey, and Lee.

My least favorites? Aaron, Siobhan, and Mike.

Mike wasn't bad. He's just getting a little boring. Siobhan, I don't know what the judges were so hyped about. I wouldn't say she was "back" unless you mean "back to annoy me." The girl can sing, and I liked her at first so I hate to pick. But she has crossed that line into annoying territory for me. If she could perform and seem authentic and natural, I might go for her. But she always seems so forced-- affected and contrived. I never feel like she's being true to herself as much as I feel like she's wearing some sort of costume and playing a part, and I'm not buying it. And the more she says things like "I'm just being me. I have to be who I am," the less I believe it. But she's not ready to go home.

Aaron! Aaron should go home. He's just not ready for the big songs he wants to sing. Maybe one day. Not yet. And again, I don't know what the judges heard, because I thought he was all over the place with that song.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought the Shania Twain songs were pretty good last night. I don't have any albums by her, but was surprised by how many of the songs that I knew. I think the singers mostly did a good job with them too, especially Casey and Mike (he did have the Luther Vandross vibe, and I'm a big fan). I really do think Lee has an interesting and melodic voice, but was not so impressed with what he did with his song, especially that first line. I don't know if it was intentional or because he was started out singing acapella, but it sounded terribly off. Crystal was okay too, although I don't really care for her singing with a country vibe.

Aaron--well, I hate to say it because he's still just a kid, but I am so tired of watching him sing. It's the same strained, doleful face every song and (need I say it again)--boring! And I do not understand their praise of Siobhan last night either. The first 3/4 of the song she sounded like a train out of control, careening down the track. It was only at the end that she pulled it together at all and then she had to add her trademark screech. Ugh.

I guess it's pretty evident who I would like to go home, huh?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

Another cruddy night for Idol I think. And I'm a country music fan (maybe that's why I thought all of the songs just stunk it up.) Worst for me was Siobhan-I thought it was terrible! Beginning was too slow, not enough energy or emotion and then the end with that dang screaming again.
    I don't know but last night I pretty much made a decision that I'm done with Idol, I wwill probably see it out on fast forward this season but I just can't see wasting 50 or so or hours of my life on this next year!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Heh. Totally disagree this week ... I thought pretty much everyone was good last night, for the most part.

I still don't like Mike and I don't like Aaron in terms of their musical style, but both were good last night. Siobhan and Casey were my favorites. Least was probably (shockingly) Crystal.

Everyone else I thought turned in very solid performances.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a wedding in two weeks and the kiddies are driving me nuts at school so maybe I'm just in a bad /stressed out mood but once again i simply did not enjoy the show. I DVRd and skipped a lot. I dig Shania but I don't think it was a good theme.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

... I don't think it was a good theme.
    Surprisingly, I actually agree with you on this. I'm really not sure that "Shania music" provides sufficient breadth and depth for the performers to choose from.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the elimination shows are increasingly overloaded with stuff I don't want to watch. I usually skip them but ended up watching last night's, as I worked (so not a total loss). A little surprised that Aaron was safe. Not entirely surprised that Siobhan went home considering the number of people who seem to find her annoying. Aaron should have gone first, but he must have a good voting block behind him. Or something.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I definitely would have preferred to see Aaron and Mike go home before Sihoban, but that's just personal preference I guess.

Also, she wasn't quite good enough to win it all, so it almost doesn't matter where she goes out.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I definitely would have preferred to see Aaron and Mike go home before Sihoban
    ITA. Aaron is too green for us to really have any idea whether or not he could be a decent recording artist when he grows up. Mike is very polished as a singer, fully developed, and as such, it is pretty clear to me that he's just like hundreds of other guys with similar capabilities. It isn't likely that he's going to make a major splash.

Meanwhile Sihoban could. She just needs a little refinement, and then there seems to be this well of creativity just waiting to be tapped, there.
    bicker

Post Thanks / Like

well next week's theme is Frank Sinatra, with Harry Connick Jr as the mentor. As an avid Sinatra fan... I don't think this is a good idea. I don't think the style really fits any of the singers that are left, but who knows. In the bast, "Big Band' nights have produces some memorable performances, so we'll see.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the style really fits any of the singers that are left
    I don't think the style really fits Billboard's Hot 100 or Cashbox's Top Popular Singles either.
    bicker

Post Thanks / Like

Was last night's show as underwhelming to everyone else as it was to me?

I love Harry Connick Jr. and he was fun to watch, but otherwise it was a boring show with fairly boring performances. The most interesting of the lot was Lee, and Mike had a very polished performance. Crystal was okay and Aaron was slightly better than normal. The worst (to me) was Casey. It really hit me this week that he just doesn't know how to work a stage at all. When he doesn't have his guitar in front of him he just stands there awkwardly. Crystal isn't much better, but at least her voice makes up for it a little. Adam Lambert should have coached them on on that when he was a mentor a couple of weeks ago!

I sure hope they have a more exciting and current music theme next week. With just a handful of competitors left, I would think they would want to take it up a notch.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: