Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
In your post, you said that you have someone coming in periodically throughout the day. It sounds like have made good provision for your beloved pets. They will be in their home where they are comfortable. You will have someone come in to replenish food and water (especially important for cats!) I might suggest one of those water fountains for cats. If water becomes stale, cats won't drink it...and that can lead to kidney problems...and you don't want that. If the caretaker could take a few minutes love on each of your pets, especially the doggie, that would be good.

Try to ease your mind and enjoy your human family's trip to WDW.
Thank you! Just an update....we switched to another person for our pet sitting. He is a dog owner and he watched our dog 1 night this last friday night while DD and I were at swim meet. He walks her twice a day and she goes over to his apartment (2 doors down from us) to hang out it the evening. He also has her on leash for a while to lounge on our front porch. Our aussie didn't seem fazed or overly excited by our return the following afternoon, which is good because that means she was having too much fun visiting the other dog to miss us much. So I am happy with our present situation for our dog sitter. I feel a bit more relieved now before we head out of town. I also know this gentleman went to great lengths with my DD to rescue a lost dog a few weeks back. My DD found an 18 year old dog that had been lost in the woods for 5 days with out food and limited water. The dog was in a difficult area to reach and they had to do a bit of climbing up our rocky hills to get to dog and this man helped my daughter carry the dog down, care for it and helped us get it back to it's owner who believed the dog to be dead after 5 days. So I trust him with my dog now too.