Quantcast Le Cellier - proposed change to 2TS Credits

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Le Cellier - proposed change to 2TS Credits

The rumours that Le Cellier is going to become a Signature Dining establishment in late 2010 and therefore costing 2 TS Credits on the DDP has got me thinking:

Having to make ADR's for Le Cellier at the 180 day mark (or you struggle to get one), and therefore making plans to use your DDP Credits throughout your stay 6 months ahead of your visit to WDW.
    How would Disney implement the change to Signature Dining / 2 credits?

We have 2 ressies at Le Cellier during our 14 night stay at WDW in September. I'd hate to get there and find that I'd have to change my ADR's to avoid running out of DDP credits before the end of my trip or end up paying OOP for extra meals that I hadn't planned on buying.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very good question, and I have another one. If you make your ADRs in July for January 2011 will they tell you that if it's going to 2 TS when you make the ADR? It sure makes planning difficult, doesn't it?
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, there's been only rumors, and that rumor only came from 1 person on 1 discussion board. No other substantive information. It's impossible to tell how they might implement this or even if this is a legitimate rumor. My guess is that if anything changes it would be with the 2011 DDP. As Ms Mode noted, though, January 2011 ADRs can be made next month. However, Disney has more leniency there because they can (truthfully) say that the 2011 DDP has not been set. I think you're safe for September. Trying to change mid-year with the plan already in place would be a public relations nightmare. But 2011 seems a definite possibility. I'm going to skip Le Cellier for our January trip under the assumption that they will change. If they don't then it still frees up a space to try something new and I can get a great steak elsewhere.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant. It was a big disappointment a few trips ago and as a result we have skipped it ever since. We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse and dine there every trip at least once. That was well worth the $$$ Le Cellier would really have to kick it up a notch for them to be able to justify a 2TS meal. Just my opinion but i just can't see where they could possibly be going with that. I'd use 2TS at California Grill LONG before I'd even consider it at Le Cellier.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant.
    The rumor with Le Cellier is that it would receive a complete overhaul - new, more unscale menu, less seats to make it more intimate, etc. It's not supposed to be going to 2 TS as is, but would, essentially, be upgraded to a "signature" experience. As I said above, though, that's strictly a rumor with no credible confirmation right now.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I expect that with the new restaurant in Italy, the current one will move to a 2TS, possibly along with the Mexican restaurant...

Now, no rumors...just my opinion.

Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    I expect that with the new restaurant in Italy, the current one will move to a 2TS, possibly along with the Mexican restaurant...

Now, no rumors...just my opinion.

I agree.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

KAT1811
    I can't imagine them making it a 2 TS restaurant.
    I can. Everytime someone on the board asks for suggestions - Le Cellier seems to be the most suggested. And when you are in EPCOT and try to get a walk-up reservation - well you can forget it. I had to wait until my 6th visit before I ever got in because everyone here always seems to make it sound like it is the end all, be all of restaurants. So with the kind of crowds they pull in all during the day, they can conceivably become a Signature Dining restaurant. And they pretty much owe it to the posts on Intercot.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably in the minority, but we found the place to be overrated. The food was good, but nothing memorable. I found dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe to be just as good, if not better. They'd really have to upgrade everything to make me want to use 2 credits for dinner there.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but we found the place to be overrated. The food was good, but nothing memorable.
    Maybe the minority, but not alone...

It's on par with Outback Steakhouse...

Post Thanks / Like

disneymom200,

I agree that Le Cellier gets rave reviews and that it is always booked quickly. Personally, I'm with eandrsmom and think it is very overrated. I am willing to bet that they will see a significant drop in ADRs if they revamp the restaurant and change it into a 2TS. I forsee a huge decline in ADRs if the rumored change is made.

Vacation goers may not be able to procure a seat at Le Cellier on their vacation but I have always been able to get a table at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, a 2TS restaurant a short walk from Epcot, and the food and service blows Le Cellier out of the water.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We went last May and weren't really impressed.
    “I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world.” Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We absolutely loved Le Cellier. We both had steaks and they were great.....that said.....I am not at all sure that I would return if it became a 2 TS restaurant.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: