Quantcast Quietest All Star Resort???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Quietest???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Star Movies

8 27.59%
  • All Star Music

18 62.07%
  • All Star Sports

3 10.34%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quietest All Star Resort???

Which of the three All Star Redorts do you think is the least crazy???
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, Music is hands down. Movies is always the most popular and Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Overall, Music is hands down. Movies is always the most popular and Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.
    I couldn't have said it any better. We've stayed at all 3, and Music just stands out as the best overall (and the quietest).

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The words "quiet" and "allstar" resort don't really belong in the same sentence do they?
    if someone can find a quiet allstar please let me know!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at All Star Movies 2 times. Never had a problem with noise. We will be there for one night this Dec.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
    The words "quiet" and "allstar" resort don't really belong in the same sentence do they?
    Agreed which is why I am wondering which one is the quietest out of all of them.

I am very surprised to hear that so many people think that the All Star Music is the quietest. I would think that it would be the busiest with the movies by the pool at night. I was thinking that many would say the All Star Sports with it's themes not so centered around Disney.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    I am very surprised to hear that so many people think that the All Star Music is the quietest. I would think that it would be the busiest with the movies by the pool at night. I was thinking that many would say the All Star Sports with it's themes not so centered around Disney.
    The pool movies don't really create that much noise, but any resort of any level will be noisier if you have a room facing the pool.

The AS Sports actually has a good bit of Disney theming from the baseball characters at the pool to the Mickey basketball character, etc. It has a very Disney look all the way around. Again, Sports becomes most crowded and noisy when there are teams in town for an event because they always stay there.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Sports is crazy when it has a youth sports team or event there, but the rest of the time Sports is very quiet.
    Is there any way to find out when a sports team is going to be there?

Post Thanks / Like

you find out some of the events here
    http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/find/
    at the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports event page it is updated all the time

all the All Stars have times when they are inundated with groups AS Sports tends to house sports teams ( especially in December during the Pop Warner Playoffs which are held at WWOS AS Music also can get crowded around certain holidays when they bring in chior and other music groups ( IE Christmas and Nights of Joy ) and AS Movies always has families with young children because it has the best theming out of the three.

I have stayed at all three and Sports by far is the noisiest most of the time because there are more sporting events then anything else Movies is the most crowded but tends to quiet down earlier do to the young children Music is usually the quietest and least crowded unless you happen to plan a trip during one of the times they are having performers for a holiday event
    Two Tiny Wings,
    Eyes BIG and Yellow,Horns of a Steer,
    But a lovable Fellow! From Head to Tail,
    He's a Royal Purple Pigment And then Voila!
    You got a Figment
    The Dreamfinder

Dixie Landings-1997
    ASMo-2001
    All Star Sports-2008
    ASMu Family Suites-2009
    Beach Club-2011
    ASMo 2013

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Music is the quietest.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Music in August 09 and it was great. The grounds were quiet and we couldn't even tell there were alot of people there until we passed the bus stops in the morning. I would definitely stay there again.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

Well you didn't give the option of POP century but since it's a value resort I'd vote for it. We stayed there last week and it was NOT crazy at all. It was busy during the day in the food court and pools somewhat but not anything that irritated me at all. At night we were never woken up by anyone and enjoyed it a lot.
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quiet

We found ASMusic to be very acceptable from a noise level.

But you have to remember this is Disney World. I've been in the lobby of the Grand Floridian when it seemed as noisy as Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    But you have to remember this is Disney World.
    I'm not worried about it being loud or crazy at times. Let's keep in mind I am a mother of 4! I was just wondering out of all of the All Stars which one is the lesser of the evils. I'm all about having fun in WDW and sometimes you just have to get a little loud to do it right!

To be honest we stayed at Pop for one night last year and didn't care for it

I guess the consensus is that Music should be the "quietest".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    To be honest we stayed at Pop for one night last year and didn't care for it
    Any of the All Stars will be quieter than Pop. Music is the best of the three.

April, 1998 Coronado Springs
    April, 2001 Coronado Springs
    January, 2004 All-Star Sports
    July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    April, 2006 Pop Century
    December, 2006 All-Star Sports
    March, 2008 All-Star Movies
    April, 2009 All-Star Music
    August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    Any of the All Stars will be quieter than Pop. Music is the best of the three.
    Not necessarily. Pop is our Value of choice and we have only once had ANY problem with noise. As long as you ask for the back side of the resort, facing hour glass lake, it is usually VERY quiet.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post

But you have to remember this is Disney World. I've been in the lobby of the Grand Floridian when it seemed as noisy as Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving.
    Isn't that the truth! I remember the very first time I stepped into the GF lobby. I was expecting to speak almost in a whisper and the noise level was incredible! It is actually one of the reasons we still haven't splurged to stay there.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

from our experience the order (quietest to loudest) would be:

Music

Movies

Pop

Sports (thou its been a long time since we were there and thus our experience is dated)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

we have stayed at ASMu twice and have found that it is fairly quiet. the first time we were in broadway and the second time jazz. I am extremely sensitive to noise (I cant stand it for one second) and have been told on numerous occasions that I am no fun because of this! however I found that ASMu was really quiet both times, busy but quiet, and we went the end of April.

Post Thanks / Like

DS & I stayed at All Star Sports this past May in one of the buildings close to the main pool. We were at the far end of the building away from the pool, never heard any noises outside our room the entire week.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: