Quantcast Disappointed and victimized by Disney - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I understand

I work with persons with ALS. I understand your feelings. Please try to let your frustration/disapppointment go. It is a terrible unfortunate thing that happened with Amtrak.

No matter what hotel you are in, you CAN STILL have an awesome vacation and your relative can still have her wish of a Disney vacation.

Disney is one of the MOST ACCESSIBLE VACATION SPOTS in the US. I am sure that it will be great. They do have kneeling busses for the power wheelchair. Although I have never been there, the Coronado Springs resort looks wonderful.

I think it stinks that you have to pay extra $$$, but you don't know how quickly ALS will progress, so it's best to just put it in the back of your mind and enjoy the trip.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME, and I think it is WONDERFUL that you all are taking your relative on this vacation.
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Mickey View Post
    Very dissapointed
    1) Sorry about your disappointment.
    2) But, they did offer you an alternative.
    3) There are MANY ressies that get messed up for some reason.
    4) If they jumped for every one of them, it would cause chaos.
    5) In your case, I think they came up with a workable choice.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed and victimized by Disney

Dear Hooked On Disney,

I am so sorry for your trouble, frustration and for Lynn's sickness. This vacation must have much meaning for your family.

As Chris said some people who work at Disney know more than others. Intercot is a good place to garner information to help with just about anything Disney related.

I think the suggestion to call back and explain your entire situation to someone at a higher level might well yield better results. There are several options and in my experience Disney has always worked with me when there has been a special situation. Even when the rules seem black and white Disney has managed to help make situations better.

Take a deep breath and give it a try. In addition to doing something about the extra $800 for a moderate they might be able to get you into another delux, a DVC or even get you on a waitlist at the Poly in case something opens up.

Please let us know how this unfolds.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible that your reservation at the Poly was booked with a really good discount, I've seen as much as 40% off at deluxe resorts, and now your booking at CSR at rack rates because the trip is so close? That is the only way I'd imagine there to be such a huge price difference. We've upgraded from Value to Mod because of a discount and in the end paid less for our Mod. than we were going to pay for the value resort. Maybe this is the case with your rooms. Either way good luck with everything. I really want you guys to be able to take the trip and be happy about the outcome of it all.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

OK - maybe this is a naive question - but does anybody on these boards personally know the/a right person to whom this entire thread should be forwarded?
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Again thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. As stated earlier it was a marathon of itinerary rearranging, about ten hours between being on hold and research and rebooking everything.

In the end the castmember helping us just didn't have the knowledge, resources, or whatever to help us. By the time most of the useful posts arrived, and due to time constraints, we booked our last four days with Universal at the Royal Pacific.

Having stayed there before, we know the hotel is nice and similarly themed. Lynn is a little sad because there is less she can ride, but her 13yo is excited as he's never been. It's more about us being together than which park we end up in. We adults will tone back riding things so she won't feel left out. She's never been there so just exploring will be somewhat interesting for her.

We leave Tuesday, and everyone is starting to get some of the previous excitement back.

My understanding is that it was raining pretty badly these last few days and that's a bad thing for her chair, so we are trying to think of it as something positive in the end.

PS, if it didn't rain don't tell us cause we're not double checking.
    Y, BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU:)
    WDW Trips:
    73-77 - DW @ Contemp, Poly, FWCG
    88- DW @ Disneyland
    90-DH&DW for Honeymoon
    95-97 - offsite
    98-Sports
    99-Music
    00-Music & Dolphin (renew vows Y&BC beach)
    01-Music
    02-Music
    04-Pop Cen
    06 Music & Port Orleans RS
    08-Pop Cen
    10-Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything has worked out for you. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

And it has rained a good bit yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow so that's a definite positive for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Glad things worked out.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found a suitable solution!

Have a magical trip!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed and victimized by Disney

Enjoy your time together and have a wonderful vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you have a great time together. Enjoy it.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Mickey View Post
    . . . but paying $800 more than deluxe resort money for moderate is not okay with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    I love Walt Disney World, but I have a great deal of sympathy for your situation. This is a multi-billion dollar company we're talking about, and while they cannot control train derailments, neither should they profit from the inconvenience that the incident has caused you . . .

On this, however, I'm firmly in your camp, for whatever that is worth...

I'm SO sorry to hear about your situation and am very disappointed to hear that Disney could not figure something out to help you. These certainly are extreme cirumstances and I wish that Disney could have helped you grant Lynn's last wish. I hope you still have tons of magic in your trip. These are the days I wish that I had billions. If I did you'd be in Disney your last four nights. Life is too short and unfair at times. Please know that my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family on your upcoming trip!!!

We lost a very dear family member last year suddenly and tragicly at the age of 37. We never got a chance to say goodbye. I cannot even begin to imagine how I would have felt if we were in the same situation. Raw emotions. Our last vacation with him was to the World, we stayed at CSR.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: