Quantcast I always do this first/last - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Love MK to start out the trip - first ride POTC or Jungle Cruise.

Last park is usually MK too. Have to hit the Main Street Bakery & Confectioner's! Depending on ME pick up, we've just run to DTD.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We always start and end our trip at the Magic Kingdom. I just love that Cinderella Castle is the first and last thing I see on my trip. And I do have to say I alwasy tear up at that first and last sight!
    All Star Sports 1998
    Port Orleans Riverside 2002
    Pop Century 2007, 2008 & 2009
    Art of Animation Lion King Suite December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Pay my bills at the Front Desk.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

When I hit my resort I eat lunch at the resort and then head to the MK.

Last day I always finish up in the MK
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Default First, Last?

First I get there and my family can't decide where to go first! Usually its tomorrowland and we go to the TTA and then lastly we go to watch Fireworks at MK
    It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

My fam and i always go in the last week of Aug, Sat to Sun. We always start the trip at MK heading straight to Tommorrowland and riding everything there 1st, then what ever is near TL whether its FL or AL and what has the shortest line. WE always have lunch in FL at Pinochios Haus eating chicken fingers and fries or a cheeseburger and fries and we usually end the day with Pirates or Splash mountain and then come back later in the week to see Wishes then we always ALWAYS end the trip with Islands of Adventure. Everytime im leaving city walk on the moving walkways going to the parking lot thinking" well thats it, thats the end" and a little depression falls over me.
    2001- offsite WINDSOR OAKS
    2003- DISNEY LAND RADISON
    2004- CARRIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
    2005- POP CENTURY RESORT
    2006- offsite ALL STAR VACATION HOMES
    2010- offsite HOTEL BLVD HOLIDAY INN

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing: after checking in, if our room is ready we'll go & get unpacked & then head to the food court for lunch, then off to MK or Epcot; if the room isn't ready, we'll go to the food court for lunch, then off to MK or Epcot.

The last thing: my trips always seem to end in Epcot. We'll hit Epcot that last day for one last lap around the World Showcase, then we'll go back to the resort & have a drink in the food court while we wait for our car service to pick us up.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually the first thing we do is dependent on what time we can get in. It our flights arrive early, we head straight to AK. As much as we like it, we also like to get it out of the way since it's a "short park day" park. If our flight doesn't get in until later, we head to our room and I HAVE to check out the fridge. Don't exactly know why, but I always look in the fridge, find the washer/dryer and then check the showers in the bathroom. The first time we stayed at SSR, there was mold in the shower so it pays to look there before the shower...
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Before they stopped offering Fantasmic everyday we would always begin & end our vacation at the studios.

Now we make sure that we see the show once while on our vacation. That being said we know begin & end our vacation at Epcot

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing we do usually depends on what time our flight arrives and which resort we're staying at but we ALWAYS spend our last day at the MK...always. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are our last rides before we head back to our resort to catch The Magical Express.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

....interesting thought...and...when I really think about it...we definitely have a "pattern" of things that are done first / last.

...since we usually arrive at WDW on a Saturday...between 11am and noon...we get checked in....drop the bags in the room...and I hit the pool (and then pass out back in the room for a decent nap....it's a LONG drive from NJ!!). Our first night is always at Downtown Disney...and we always go to Planet Hollywood for dinner...and then shopping.

The only park that I can think of that has a DEFINITE first and last...is Epcot. We walk right in...and go to Spaceship Earth....and as we leave....we go on Spaceship Earth....every time.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We always start our first day in the parks with a trip to Magic Kingdom. It seems that our new tradition is to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast and then start with riding Dumbo. I would have chosen Space Mountain as the first ride, but the kids rule.

No tradition for the last ride as of yet, but it so happens that we ended the last trip with Haunted Mansion. I prefer to end the trip with MK as well.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom is always first. Walk under the castle, and then head for Peter Pan. After that it's a Fast Pass for one of the Mountains and making our way around.

Last thing is Epcot World showcase. Picking up the souvenir we had our eye on to remember the trip by. A late lunch and a few pints at the Pub to numb the pain of returning to reality and the real world...

Post Thanks / Like

We used to always do MK first and last. Last year we switched it up and did Epcot world showcase first and MK last. Epcot was great becuse we just soaked in the atmosphere and snacked at the different countries. This year will be even better since the food and wine festival is happening. MK is great on the last day because we love main street so much.
    12-AKV (Jun)
    11-BLT (Nov)
    10-AKV (Jun) BLT (Nov)
    09-New DVC member @BLT
    09-SSR ( Dec)
    08-POFQ (Halloween)
    07-AS Music (Halloween)
    06-AS Movies (Halloween)
    05-AS Movies (Apr)
    01-2003 Off Site
    00-CS (5 year anniversary)
    97-AS Sports (friends wedding)
    95-Dixie Landings (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

First thing is go to MK and just take in Main Street.

Last thing is usually a dip in the resort pools
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I always bookend my trips with MK, so my first/last traditions are there.

First thing, after entering MK and seeing the Castle is standing on a corner in Town Square & spending about 10 minutes watching people come in, turn that corner & see the Castle. The reactions are priceless, and always put me into "Hyper Disney Mode" (you can always tell the first-timers).

The last thing is right back in Town Square. My last night, I like to just stare down Main Street for awhile - maybe take a picture or two from the train station platform, and try to burn that wonderful image into my brain.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

We always get an early flight to WDW so we usually get checked into the hotel and on the bus to the parks by 11am. We always do Epcot first, its always been a tradition.

Being that Epcot is my favorite park, I like it to always be the last thing on the last full day. Its so sad though, as Im exiting the park I turn back and look at everything, and say "See ya next year." The last day is always the saddest. Especially when DME decides to pick you up 4 hours before your flight home.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

First- it is our ritual to check in, shower and head to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner at Wolfgang Pucks

Last- Spend the day and night at Migic Kingdom getting the kids on as many rides as possible as many times as they like.
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

What we do on the first day depends on what time we can get our arriving flight booked for. Most of the time we'll go to MK for the afternoon and then go back to the resort for dinner and go to sleep decently early. If our flight gets in later we'll just go to DTD to shop and eat. Our last day is usually spent bouncing back and forth between MK and EPCOT. Illuminations is the way that our trip then ends.
    Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge-twice
    Polynesian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Coronado Springs
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Pop Century

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." ~~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Day 1 is always Studios or Epcot if we're going for a week since it's always a Sat.; if it's only for a weekend, it's MK. At MK it's always Dumbo or Buzz first. At Studios, TSM fast pass first and then get in standby line, and at Epcot it's Soarin' fast pass and then off to whatever ride we fell like.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: