Quantcast What did you Lose at Disney? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This past Monday morning I lost my favorite beat up old baseball hat while riding Big Thunder Mountain. I saw it land on the tracks behind me and figured it was gone forever. Oh well.

After the ride, I asked one of the cast members what the chances were of me ever seeing it again. She said that they walk the tracks each night and maybe it would be picked up. She said I should check back Tuesday.

On Monday evening, I rode BTM again and asked if anyone had found my hat. No, but the CM said that they had had some down-time in the afternoon and did a track check. She suggested I check at the Splash Mountain picture buying area (apparently that is the lost and found for BTM). I went there and asked but my hat wasn't there. Oh well. The CM said I might check with City Hall as that's where they send the items they find.

As I was leaving the park at about 9:00 I walked into City Hall and asked. The CM went in the back and returned with my hat!

It is a little more beat up now (with some nice new black marks where it was run over) but it still works and it's still my favorite hat.

My kids really got a kick out of it when they saw it. Great way to end our day and our vacation.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking What I lost at Disney

We were staying at Carribean Beach Resort, that day we were going to Typhoon Lagoon. I discovered I lost all my park passes and and credit card. I was distraught. I canceled the credit card, and got all new park passes. Went back to my room, looked (again) under the bed, sure enough, there they were all intacked. Boy, was my face .
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

My GF lost her Cell Phone on the Harry Potter ride in Islands of Adventure. Even though they said any loose lost items will not be returned, the lost and found was very helpful. They sorted through and found her phone within 3 days, and she had it mailed home for free within a week. As helpful as Universal was, I can only imagine how much MORE helpful Disney must be.

Post Thanks / Like

This September, my oldest daughter (9) left her pin lanyard in one of the mesh bags on Big Thunder. As soon as she realized she had left it we went back to retrieve it, but they didn't have it. We check City Hall on our way out and called the park lost and found every day for the next week. We never did locate it. You hate to think that someone would just keep a set of pins that means nothing but memories to a little girl. The cast members were nothing but helpful, don't get me wrong, and even took our number in case it turned up. Somewhere, someone has a lanyard with pins so sentimental that some were super glued shut She's my one that just doesn't like to trade. Why give away a pin she got from her Aunt or that she did trade for because she liked it. She loved having her pins, but wasn't about to get rid of any of them, lol!
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I never lost anything but i did find a gentlemans wallet on triceratop in animal kingdom. i walked the wallet all the way to guest services at the front of the park to ensure that it got there in a timely manner. when i got to guest services i recognized the gentleman that had lost the wallet. i was on line waiting to give the wallet to the CM when i heard him telling his story about being on the ride and losing it when i said to him is your name Charles _____ and he said yes and i said this is your lucky day!!! he was so pleased because his wife had told him to hold their 10 day park tickets for their family of 6 that they had just purchased and she said don't lose your wallet honey. i laughed and said that i wouldn't tell on him. and then i wished him a wonderful vacation. that was a great trip as all of our 10 trips in 10 years have been. will be there in Nov. hope i dont loose anything

Post Thanks / Like

Default Year of a million dreams

My son lost his lanyard with about 15 pins he bought when he took a picture in front of the MK. We called lost and found and they did have one there but not his. They said it ahd been there a while so they gave it to him. Only two pins on it so he was happy but upset that he lost all his pins. The CM at the store in PORS saw that my son was upset and gave him a bag with about 15 cast member pins which made his day and is still one of the best experiences I have had in Disney. Cast members there do make the difference

Post Thanks / Like

I left a gold watch in the safe. i called but it was gone
    GMGDISNEYMOM
    6/14 BCV
    7/13 DL-Paradise Pier
    4/12 AKL
    12/11 SSR
    11/10 VWL
    11/09 AKL
    4/09 FWC
    10/08 - VWL
    6/08 BV (1st DVC trip!)
    1/08 - AKL
    4/07 - FWC
    12/96 - OKW
    5/88- C
    11/84 - LBVV
    11/77 - C

Post Thanks / Like

In Dec 2006, we stayed at the GF. While there, my spouse, son and daughter all got a stomach virus. On the day to go home, I got it. I am the packer and laid my kids two lanyards with about 25 pins each with the luggage. However, my husband didn't see them and left them on the bed. We were home when we realized. I called the lost and found to no avail. Then about 2 weeks later, I got a phone call. The mousekeeping supervisor for our buliding had found the lanyards, locked them in her office, and had been on vacation. They shipped the lanyards to our home and even added two pins for the kids. Needless to say, they got a great big thank you note and I included a picture of the kids with their lanyards.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH usually wears a baseball hat, espicially at Disney. Well sure enough, he took off his hat and put it in the mesh bag on Space Mountain. As soon as we got off the ride and outside, I noticed his hair was really flat. I asked if he remembered to grab his hat. He realized he forgot it. We immediately saw the CM at the fastpass entrance to see if there was a way to locate his hat. She went to a phone and called up to the ride. I told her we just got off, which side of the track we loaded on, and which seat/car he was in. Sure enough, they called back down within 3 minutes and they had his hat! They let us walk up the fast pass entrance to get it. We were even good honest people and retrieved his hat then proceded to the exit. It was our anniversary, so I was happy that things worked out so well!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my watch in our hotel room a few trips back. The Yacht Club was excellet at keeping me updated on their search, but unfortunately, it was never found.
    Adults are only kids grown up...

March 2013 - Beach Club
    October 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    September 2009 - Contemporary
    February 2009 - Yacht Club
    April 2008 - Contemporary/Grand Floridian
    October 2007 - DLR - GC -Honeymoon trip!
    March 2007 - Poly
    February 2006 - DLR - Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my Titleist/Mickey Mouse Golf hat this last trip. I have no idea where I lost it. I always check our tables at restaurants when we leave, and I never take it off outside. I could have left it on a ride, but I would have realized it soon after, I think. Just one morning when we were getting ready to go out to the parks, I couldn't find it!

My DD5 loves Marie. She has around 10 Marie stuffed animals. She has lost it three times at WDW. Once she left it at the monorail station by Chef Mickey's. We realized it once on the train, and rode it back around. The attendant there had it, so that was quickly resolved. Another time she had left it in a bathroom. My DW went back for it later and asked a nearby cast member. She responded, "Does it look like a little gray elephant?" It was very gray, as it has been much loved. Sure enough, that was it, and someone had turned it in.

This last trip, we couldn't find it, but we knew that it was in the room last time we saw it. We thought that maybe it had been wrapped up in the sheets and removed with the laundry. We asked the Concierge if they had a lost and found, and they said it wouldn't have covered that, and if it had been taken with the laundry, it was gone forever. They said that if we would buy another one, they would reimburse us. We wound up finding it *under* a suitcase, so we didn't take them up on it. But I thought that was awesome.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband left his camera on top of a fast pass kiosk, and his cigars and humidor in our hotel room. Both were found and returned to us. My son lost his gameboy in the room and it was found and returned to us after checkout. I lost my annual pass- wasn't found but they replaced it. Happy endings in all cases.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year as I was sitting on the plane leaving MCO I realized I left my bathing suit hanging in the bathroom.. I had just bought it and it wasn't cheap...Called the Poly the next day, they shipped it to my house for free along with my sons bathing suit and daughters blanket I had not realized we left behind! Great service!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I left my new iPod nano in the room safe. We called back the same day, after we checked out, but to no avail.

On a brighter note, one time my daughter dropped her favorite stuffed animal at DTD. We searched high and low for it, then went to Guest Relations. They didn't have it, but the gentleman who worked there gave my DD a replacement -- a white seal, and a big swirl lollipop. It was so nice -- DD was quite upset and this made her feel better.

On our way out of DTD, we found her stuffed animal sitting on a sign outside of WoD. Someone had picked him up and put him there in hopes of finding the owner.

After losing stuffed animals at other times, I now require them to wear a "if lost please call xxx" tag if they are leaving the hotel room!

Kathy
    If you left that nano at OKW 2 years ago-I returned it. That would be a huge coincidence.
    I lost a white gold cinderella's carriage pendant. And before I get flamed about how this has never happened to you and I might have misplaced it yadda-yadda. I'm pretty sure our mousekeeper took it or threw it away by accident. It was on the nightstand when we left for the park and not there when we returned. It's that simple. and no we never got it back.

We did lose a new Lumpy last year that my daughter had pinned a button to that we later saw another little girl with at Cosmic Rays. We didn't say anything. Pretty sure the little girl found it on the ground and her parents told her she could keep it. It was wrong, but I didn't want to upset her by taking it from her. We had already bought my DD a new one.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see. On one trip a couple years ago with my mom we had gotten massages at the spa, and when they called me in I realized I still had my watch, ring and necklace on so I took them off and put them in the pocket of my robe. Needless to say I forgot they were there and when I was done, changed and put the robe in the laundry. When we were at OKW for lunch I realized I didn't have them and got very upset. The watch had been a christmas gift from my fiancés parents, the ring a gift from my fiancé, and the necklace was my greek letter lavalier. After many many phone calls they were able to find it before the robes were taken to the laundry. I was so worried over it until they found them I couldn't even eat!

That same trip we were doing a split stay between CSR and FW, and when checking out of CSR I realized I left my cellphone. We told housekeeping and the manager at the front desk but no one had turned it in yet. I don't remember quite how long it took to get it back, but I know I got it before we left to go home, so that was a happy ending too.
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

On our honeymoon in 1998, DW lost an earring that she was wearing that had special meaning. When we were first dating back when we were teens, my left ear was peirced, so as a sign of our budding relationship, I traded my gold cross earring for the gold stud she had in hers. I know, corny right?

Well fast forward to our honeymoon at WDW, and she discovered that it had gone missing on the way to the luau. She was pretty broken up about it until I told her that it was symbolic of a brand new start, and that it couldn't be any more fitting than on our honeymoon, and there couldn't be a better place to leave a symbol of our new adventure than WDW.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all, first post and I look forward to future postings!!

I just got back from WDW as we stayed at AKKV. On our 3rd night of a 12 day trip, I was at MK stroller rentals as we had to rent a locker to hold our belongings for the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. There is a $12.00 charge for the locker rental and I placed my credit/ debit card down for payment. When I returned to the stroller/ locker rental desk, they asked for my card back to refund $5.00. When the transaction was complete, they gave me back my receipt and I unknowingly walked off with out my credit card.
    Throughout the next 3 days I would call MK, AKKV front desk, and Palm Golf Course as I had no idea what happened to it or where I left it. I got a call 3 days later that i could pick up my card at the Transportation center lost and found. What a relief!! Thank you Disney!!
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my marbles but someone found them and returned them to me!

I once left a toaster in the room (yeah i know now that you aren't supposed to bring them into the rooms for fire hazard...although i feel curling irons pose more of an issue) but It was older and of the walmart variety so it was super inexpenseive... I just left it there as we checked out of the ASM in hopes maybe another guest could use it....

About 2 weeks later i get a package from WDW resorts... seems they packed it up and shipped it to me, free of charge... i have since tossed it, but its a funny story
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I lost a gold hoop earring at Typhoon Lagoon and as fate would have it I went up to a cast member and told him I lost my earring showed him the one I had and he actually had the one I lost in his hand! Someone had just turned it in as well! I think that moment solidify that Disney was truly the BEST place on Earth!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I lost one of my earrings while in Magic Kingdom last week. Luckily it wasn't an expensive pair, but I was still bummed out because it was a comfortable pair I wore everyday! I never bothered to check for it in any lost and found.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: