Thank you everyone. I am reading your posts to DD. She said she "Loves Intercot" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
Competetive sport might be a child's only way to attend a good University via a scholarship, especially if his/her family has limited means. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the importance of sport.
I agree with this..and we are aware that a scholarship is a possibility for her. But she is strong academically and will have options just because of her grades. Currently, her #1 college pick is a Division 3 private Christian college...so no sports scholarships are available to Div 3 Universities But she will be applying to some Div 1 schools as well. I know the coach is not happy that she will have a week off of swim practice just as much as the 1 day missed in competition. She is a breaststroker and if she misses practice more than a couple of days it can mess up her stroke for a bit...but she will be swimming and I just don't want to give up the Vacation time with her for something that may not even really matter when it is all said and done. I just want the time with my daughter. The pool will be there when we return.

Thank You!