Quantcast During Food & Wine festival do you skip TS at Epcot?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question During Food & Wine festival do you skip TS at Epcot?

I have never been in Epcot while the food & wine festival was going on. Are there enough "sampler" type food choices that you skip booking a TS meal? By "sampler" I mean small portions...I didn't expect any free food at Disney, LOL. I just mean can I try a bunch of the different types of food and fill up, thus avoiding the need for a TS. And are there a lot of great choices that would justify me wanting to try the different foods INSTEAD of getting a TS.

What should I expect? Would I still want to book a TS regardless? Just not sure what the choices will be. Any advise welcome!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been there several times during the Food & Wine festival and I can't recall seeing any food stations that you didn't have to pay for. I naturally tend to steer clear of World Showcase anyway unless I'm heading over to a dinner or lunch. The walkways get pretty packed with people, and if it's raining.....it's miserable.
    Sep 12 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 11 - Polynesian
    Sep 09 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 09 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sep 08 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sep 06 - Boardwalk Villas
    Sep 05 - Polynesian
    Sep 03 - Polynesian
    Sep 01 - Wilderness Lodge
    May 03 - Fort Wilderness
    March 85 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWRox View Post
    I've been there several times during the Food & Wine festival and I can't recall seeing any food stations that you didn't have to pay for.
    I don't think I was very clear in my posting...by "sampler" I meant small portions...I didn't expect any free food at Disney, LOL. I just mean can I try a bunch of the different types of food and fill up, thus avoiding the need for a TS. And are there a lot of great choices that would justify me wanting to try the different foods INSTEAD of getting a TS.

Sorry about not being very clear. I just edited my post to clarify.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, my bad. I don't think I'd skip the TS if I were you. There are a number of different food and drink carts all throughout WS, but I wouldn't use them as a substitute for a meal.
    Sep 12 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 11 - Polynesian
    Sep 09 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 09 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sep 08 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sep 06 - Boardwalk Villas
    Sep 05 - Polynesian
    Sep 03 - Polynesian
    Sep 01 - Wilderness Lodge
    May 03 - Fort Wilderness
    March 85 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link for the 2010 menus to give you an idea of the offerings:
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...l/marketplace/

We tend to spend the afternoon trying sharing some of the items and slowly make our way around. We then have dinner around 7P but IMO you could very well start later in the day and forego dinner if its only adults involved.

BTW, most offerings this year ranged from $4 - $7.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 12-31-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add price
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the F&W this year. We did not do a TS and did not miss it at all. It was fun to try only the different foods. Most were a nice portion and my DD and I split them so we could try alot.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you're an adventurous eater you will be able to make a meal at the kiosks. That's actually what dh and I are planning to do next year since we ate at so many different places last time. You may find long lines depending on the time of day so don't wait until you're too hungry before you start your line waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I definitely think there is enough foods to enjoy and therefore not do a TS meal. That's all the fun of going during F&WF, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

We have found such a variety of foods we have always had to cancel our ressies for dinner because we were too full for a TS. You may get hungry later in the evening and can do food court that nite.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We only go during the F&W Festival and have been over half a dozen time so far. What we do is eat a very light breakfast or no breakfast at all. We've been on the dining plan, so we use ALL our snack credits sampling items at the food kiosks around the WS. We do this as soon as they open - 11-11:30am and count this as our lunch. The portions can vary in size depending on what you are trying, but they do have pictures of them before you order. We always fill up doing this and have a 6 or 7pm TS lined up for dinner. We print the list (posted online) of menus of what will be offered at each kiosk ahead of time so we know which ones we want to stop and try. I'll stop now, I could talk for hours about this, so PM me if you have any questions.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    We only go during the F&W Festival and have been over half a dozen time so far. What we do is eat a very light breakfast or no breakfast at all. We've been on the dining plan, so we use ALL our snack credits sampling items at the food kiosks around the WS. We do this as soon as they open - 11-11:30am and count this as our lunch. The portions can vary in size depending on what you are trying, but they do have pictures of them before you order. We always fill up doing this and have a 6 or 7pm TS lined up for dinner. We print the list (posted online) of menus of what will be offered at each kiosk ahead of time so we know which ones we want to stop and try. I'll stop now, I could talk for hours about this, so PM me if you have any questions.
    This is what we do as well. Use our snack credits for tastes at lunch time, and then book a TS meal at 7 or 8. It worked out quite well for us last year.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

We're hoping to do the same, try the booths in place of a meal. I figured if the DDs aren't interested in enough there to fill them up, we can always pick them up something extra at a CS. Would lunch be a better time to do this, rather than dinner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    We're hoping to do the same, try the booths in place of a meal. I figured if the DDs aren't interested in enough there to fill them up, we can always pick them up something extra at a CS. Would lunch be a better time to do this, rather than dinner?
    F&W booths are definitely less crowded at lunch time.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmallan View Post
    F&W booths are definitely less crowded at lunch time.
    I definitely concur! Be there at opening (11am) and enjoy shorter lines until about 2pm when it starts getting crowded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I definitely concur! Be there at opening (11am) and enjoy shorter lines until about 2pm when it starts getting crowded.
    That's a good plan! Sample the food for lunch and have a late TS meal. That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks everyone...I will definitely be looking over the link with the foods available. Thanks everyone!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice! We'll definitely plan this for lunch then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWRox View Post
    There are a number of different food and drink carts all throughout WS, but I wouldn't use them as a substitute for a meal.
    I disagree (as do many others.) Last year I was there for 3 days and ate 90% of my meals at the F&W Kiosks, literaly. This year I was there for a week and probably ate 60% of my meals there. Practically filled up my passport.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Food & Wine mid October every year and we do the dining plan. We skip our TS meal that day and use that credit and do a signature dining restaurant usually on the day we arrive. We use our snack credits as we move around the World Showcase. Generally all the smaller portions are sufficient throughout the day. We share a CS meal at breakfast and if we’re still hungry at the end of the day we’ll share another CS meal or we seek out a dessert in Norway or France. We go during the week and we’ve found that Tuesday through Thursday are the least crowded. Friday after 4PM through the weekend you’ll experience heavy crowds. We’ve learned to go with the flow, we don’t rush around, we take time to enjoy all it has to offer.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AHOTE View Post
    We go to Food & Wine mid October every year and we do the dining plan. We skip our TS meal that day and use that credit and do a signature dining restaurant usually on the day we arrive. We use our snack credits as we move around the World Showcase. Generally all the smaller portions are sufficient throughout the day. We share a CS meal at breakfast and if we’re still hungry at the end of the day we’ll share another CS meal or we seek out a dessert in Norway or France. We go during the week and we’ve found that Tuesday through Thursday are the least crowded. Friday after 4PM through the weekend you’ll experience heavy crowds. We’ve learned to go with the flow, we don’t rush around, we take time to enjoy all it has to offer.
    Thanks for the advise. This sounds like a great plan!
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Share This Thread On Social Media: