Quantcast Wishes Dessert Show or Fantasmic DIning Package

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wishes Dessert Show or Fantasmic DIning Package

I'm trying to make a decision between the two. Unfortunately it will have to be one or the other.
    We don't mind waiting in line so we will be seeing the fireworks & fantasmic either way. Just thinking one or the other might me fun For Fantasmic we were going to eat at the Hollywood & Vine or Brown Derby anyways so was thinking of adding this on. I also heard Fantasmic is amazing! Wishes was also intriguing because we have no plans to eat at a TS in MK so this could be a chance to have a romantic experience. the other plus to this was I have never had a awesome firework viewing spot. On spring break in '09 I was directly to the left of the castle (OK) in '04 I was 14 and ending up giving my spots to some kids and me and my sister (12) just tried to peer around there very tall parents. Going end of September and wE won't be on the dining plan either.

Any one done both and have an opinion? Or even just done one and tell me about it?
    10/1997 - offsite
    2/2002 - offsite
    3/2009 - offsite
    9/11 - CSR
    5/14 - ASM!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've done the fantasmic package...if you are paying OOP you get an appetizer, entree and dessert for a fixed price. They will give you a slip that allows you to get in a special line for Fantasmic which allows you to get a decent seat without quite as long a wait. I will probably do it again since they are only showing Fantasmic a couple of times a week to ensure a good seat.

Welcome to Intercot

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We've been doing the Fantasmic! dinner package for years and find it a great value. We enjoy dinner at Mama Melrose anyway, so it's an added bonus to get the special seating pass. You still have to arrive at the theater 45 minutes before show time, but it sure beats standing in the regular line and risking not getting a seat. As the previous INTERCOT member mentioned, now that Fantasmic! is down to a few nights per week, the crowds are insane.

Although I would love to try the Wishes Dessert Party, we have a hard time justifying the expense for a dessert buffet. While there is a special section to view the fireworks, it's been reported by many that you need to stand to be able to see Wishes when it begins.

Good luck with your decision!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We have done both. Fantasmic a couple of times ...

I would choose Fantasmic. Good seating. Good food. Little to no wait for the Fantasmic seats.

The Wishes show ... the desserts were absolutely fabulous, but the fireworks show "special" viewing area was not worth it! We had to stand ... with dozens of others ... we could not see from our table because of the overhang ... why pay more money for the same view out on the street. Stake out your favorite place in or around Main Street and buy something from the Main Street Bakery or a good old Mickey ice cream bar!
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I would do the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The line to get into the theater is outrageously long, and the reserved seating is good.

The seating for the Wishes Dessert Party isn't that great imho. I would rather have the view from in front of the castle where the fireworks are centered.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: