Quantcast Survivor: Redemption Island - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, People! Just vote out Phillip already! He is insane! Can't stand seeing him run around in his undies. They keep threatening to and then he gets a pass. He serves no purpose in this game. Why keep him around?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yeah!! Russell is "outa there"...he bawled like a baby. I kinda felt a little sorry for him, he really really is into Survivor and really thinks he is the ultimate.

Funny thing about Boston Rob, I actually really like him on Survivor, although I didn't like him on TAR. Perhaps he is just in his element in Survivor, or perhaps the years have mellowed him a little??

And I agree about Phillip, I am not enjoying him at all, and those "pep" talks afterwards..seesh.
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasantly surprised! Russell gone early in the game. Not at all sad to see him go. Ralph made a mistake in saying anything at all. He held on to his idol secret all last TC, why bring it up now? They really need to get rid of Stephanie as soon as possible. She will be nothing but trouble.

But on Rob's side, I still think getting rid of Matt will haunt him. Why no talk of blindsiding him? He thinks he is running the game and has set up the pecking order. He's a definite threat, and not really much help in winning challenges. Phillip is annoying and can't be trusted, but the real problem for everyone on that side in taking a lead in this game is actually Rob. They should get smart. I'm counting on Grant or Ashley to put something together.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    They should get smart.
    They are a bunch of minions, and all seem to just want to be a part of "Boston" Rob's 'team'.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well I know I'm in the dramatic minority, but I liked Russell and was a bit sorry to see him go so early. That being said, he really played a terrible game this time around and I think he dramatically underestimated the impact of his tribemates having seen him play the game.

He really needed to craft an entirely new strategy as opposed to saying, "Hey I'm here to help. I'm not like the Russell you think you know!" and then proceeding to act exactly like the Russell they all knew.

So in the end he bought and paid for what he got and I have to say I disliked him a bit more at the end than I did before ... his whining about playing with a bunch of rookies really made no sense. If they were such rookies and so unskilled at the game, why are you out Russell??

And yeah Phillip has gotta go. Totally sick of the tighty reddies and the speeches. He's just annoying.

An interesting observation ... funny how much Rob learned from his experience on Heroes vs. Villains as compared to what Russell learned. Rob is firmly entrenched in his tribe as the "wise, experienced leader" whereas Russell basically aliented himself immediately.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    And yeah Phillip has gotta go. Totally sick of the tighty reddies and the speeches. He's just annoying.
    I love how someone last night, might have been Rob, called them 'red tighty whities'. Duh.

ETA: Rob said 'pink tighty whities'.

And Russell's elimination speech was funny - pot meet kettle!
    Last edited by Melanie; 03-10-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad Russell is GONE! I didn't feel sorry for him one bit when he turned on the water works. Maybe he will finally realize now that he's not the King of Survivor...but probably not.

I agree, Phillip needs to go and I was hoping it would be him last night. What a strange guy, with his pep talks, pink undies, special agent reminders, and giant spears to hunt tiny crabs. But, if not him, I was glad to see Christina go. I'm rooting for Rob, and she definitely posed a threat to him going further in the game.

Oh, Ralph, why couldn't you just keep quiet? He let Russell get to him and the way he acted, he may as well have pulled the idol out at Redemption Island for everyone there to see it. As soon as he said, "I faked yeh!", I knew they all saw right through it.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    So glad Russell is GONE!

Oh, Ralph, why couldn't you just keep quiet? He let Russell get to him and the way he acted, he may as well have pulled the idol out at Redemption Island for everyone there to see it. As soon as he said, "I faked yeh!", I knew they all saw right through it.
    I concur that Russell getting voted off is the BEST thing ever. Did not want to see him come back and haunt the show. There are other more interesting people that deserve our attention.

Such as........ Ralph! I just shook my head when he opened his trap about the idol. Maybe he's caught the "Russell Disease" and thinks he can win the whole thing. Not with that huge target on his back.

Phillip is such a hoot - comedy relief for sure.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Just for the record, I do not like Ralph at all. That whole, "They's alls a thinkin' I'm a dummy but I ain't!" thing doesn't work for me. I mean the dude mispelled Russell's name, so while he may have voted Russell out of the show I'm pretty sure Russell has him at the game of life.

But I just don't do the whole "loveable redneck" thing (Larry the Cable Guy being the lone exception ). That's why Jane annoyed me so badly last season.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record, I do not like Ralph at all... But I just don't do the whole "loveable redneck" thing (Larry the Cable Guy being the lone exception ). That's why Jane annoyed me so badly last season.
    With you on the not loving the whole redneck act. Ralph hasn't won me over at all. But I predict he'll win based on something he said in the first show, the kind of quote you refer to- similar to what Jud said in the first show last season (with a surfer twang vs farmer act). I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not really on board with anyone yet this season.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I like Ralph actually....he is kinda a cross between Big Tom and Boston Rob...but a lot more hairy .
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    5/1983 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Come on, People! Just vote out Phillip already! He is insane! Can't stand seeing him run around in his undies. They keep threatening to and then he gets a pass. He serves no purpose in this game. Why keep him around?
    It is always a mistake in the game to let personal feelings cloud your judgement. Keep Phillip! As annoying as he and his pink undoes are, he is THE ONE you want to be sitting next to at the final TC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    It is always a mistake in the game to let personal feelings cloud your judgement. Keep Phillip! As annoying as he and his pink undoes are, he is THE ONE you want to be sitting next to at the final TC.
    Well....if it was only that reason then everyone would have wanted to sit next to Russell..he doesn't get too many votes.....
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    5/1983 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QTPie68 View Post
    Well....if it was only that reason then everyone would have wanted to sit next to Russell..he doesn't get too many votes.....
    But the X-factor must be considered in that line of thinking: Russel is smarter than phillip is dumb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    But the X-factor must be considered in that line of thinking: Russel is smarter than phillip is dumb.
    yes....but both annoying......
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    5/1983 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

OK finally got caught up. I'm sorry to see "Ressel" go (is that how Ralph spelled it?) I've never been a fan of Boston Rob but he seems to be the only one really playing hard and smart so if he wins he'll deserve it. And put me on the side of not liking Ralph.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Man ... am I the only one who thought that redemption island "duel" was just boring as anything? Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I feel like in a situation where you're literally fighting for your very Survivor "life" they could do something a bit more exciting and dramatic than fitting together a dumb puzzle! BORING!

Anyway, not a particularly dramatic or exciting outcome at Redemption Island. The highlight was definitely Stephanie throwing her hat into the ring with Rob.

I also thought tribal was very anti-climactic. There was no real drama building up to who was going home. It was pretty much exactly what you expected.

Overall I thought it was sort of a dull episode. I miss Russell stirring the pot!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought tribal was very anti-climactic. There was no real drama building up to who was going home. It was pretty much exactly what you expected.

Overall I thought it was sort of a dull episode. I miss Russell stirring the pot!
    Yeah, last night's episode was pretty dull and predictable. But, I was glad that Krista got the boot. I hope Stephanie is next.

It will be interesting to see if Andrea and Phillip really do team up and how that plays out. I think Phillip is crazy, but I also think Rob is underestimating him, and it could come back to bite him if Phillip stays in the game much longer.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a huge mistake to let Krista and Stephanie go off on their own. What were they thinking? Two can cause a lot of trouble if they're still around at merge. It's like these people have never watched Survivor. Throwing a challenge, not worrying about two rebel teammates. This stuff never pays off. I think they're all going down. I take back what I said about Ralph. No way anyone on that side wins. I would be surprised. And why Krista before Stephanie? Odd!

Rob is playing, and he's fun to watch. I didn't want him to win, but is he the only one playing? I wonder.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I think Phillip is crazy, but I also think Rob is underestimating him, and it could come back to bite him if Phillip stays in the game much longer.
    I actually agree. Rob better be careful with him, because he's definitely craftier and more capable than Rob is giving him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Rob is playing, and he's fun to watch. I didn't want him to win, but is he the only one playing? I wonder.
    I didn't like Rob at all on his very first season, but since then I've become a huge fan and I really like him now. Now that Russell is off, I'm totally pulling for Rob to win.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: