Quantcast Saratoga Springs Question?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs Question?

Hi folks!

For our forthcoming vacation we have booked 14 days at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. Its not until end Aug/early Sept, but can anyone offer any advice of which is the best block to stay at, and also, is there a way of nicely requesting that particular block.

We have booked the trip from UK via tour operator and not directly with Disney, however I do have our Resort reservation number as they gave it to me when I called Disney Dining to make some reservations for dinner

We are party of 6

Organiser and chief Disney fan -(me) 44
    Wife - 44
    Daughter - 21
    Son - 18
    Sister in law - 50
    Brother in Law - 50

I have already had some views that the Grandstand area would be good?

Any views would be most welcome.

And thanks!
    Martin

Previous visits - 4 Off site, then
    Dec 2006 POFQ (Loved it!)
    Aug 2008 POFQ 14 Days
    Aug 2011 Saratoga Springs
    Sept 2015 Saratoga Springs - getting close now

When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed at Saratoga Springs so can't offer any opinions on the various areas. However, once you decide where you want to stay, I'd suggest you have your request noted on your reservation
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Springs is the closest building to check-in, Turf Club (TS restaurant) and the Paddock (CS restaurant), plus the gift shop. It's also just across the street from the best pool. I requested it the last time we stayed there.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to be close to Downtown Disney, I'd recommend requesting the Congress Park area. It's only about a 5 minute walk to the DTD Marketplace from there!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

we stayed there once... we were accross the lake, not a really long walk to the main area, maybe about 10 min. the grounds are beautiful. i found the rugs to be very dirty. never would have noticed it if i didn't have a one year old crawling. didn't care for the fast service food area. the gift shop is not that great. plan on going to dtd for gifts. the boat to dtd was nice. the main pool is wonderful, they show movies every night, it was nice to be in the pool and watching a disney movie. the quiet pools were also very relaxing. the bus service is basically the same but i found that i waited longer at the villa resorts but they were not as crowded as the regular resort buses. we enjoyed the steak house too. i did find that the hallways to the rooms didn't seem to get as much attention to cleaning as the main resorts. but all in all it was a nice place. have a wonderful vacation. also keep in mind that you can request a certain area but it is not quaranteed.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed in the springs on the corner facing the bus stop, pool and lake. You go right out the door and your at the bus, cross the street and your at the pool to swim or refill your mug. Plus the main building is on the otherside of the pool if you want to shop or get something to eat. Always seemed to work out best for our needs. We have also stayed at the tree house villas which is part of it and really enjoyed that. The kids keep asking to go back. It does take a little longer to get around if you don't have your own vehicle but it was very relaxing and the kids loved all the space. Enjoy your stay......
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: