Quantcast Renting a Car/Magic Express Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting a Car/Magic Express Question

Was wondering how many of my Intercot friends rent cars while staying at WDW. We have NEVER done this for a WDW vacation, but are going for a longer period of time, and hope to get over to Universal, which then we were thinking about renting a car for just two days, but now, DH likes the idea of having his own wheels for the whole trip.
    He was thinking about renting an "Economy" car and sending the girls and myself on the Magic Express with the luggage to the resort, thinking that a family of four and all of the luggage wouldn't fit.
    Can the three of us just use the Magic Express or do all four of us need to be present?
    I really wouldn't mind having a car for some things like hitting a store quick, or getting to a reservation at another resort later in the day kind of thing. I do enjoy the WDW transportation so I would be OK either way.
    Just asking my Intercot peeps for some feedback. Thanks!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Two of us

Since we are only 2 people, we took the magical express, to WDW. Then when we wanted to rent a car, for our plans, we would be taken to National Care rental near Magic Kingdom. We used it on our day trip to Universal , and another day to go to visit an uncle in Plant City, and a trip to Cocoa Beach and the Space Museum, we usually rented for the 3 days, and OF COURSE, we rented a Convertable, since we are from the Cold, Cold, north., But it Does sound like a good Idea, for your Family
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Both ideas would work.

You could send some on Magical Express, and others in the rental car, there is no rule that the whole family has to take ME.

If you decide to just rent a car for part of your trip, you can do that on WDW property ... so there is so flexability.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with heather that either way works. Instead of the hassle in getting the car and returning it maybe just do the Magical Express day 1 and day 10 and pick up the car at Car Care Central onsite. They run a shuttle bus to the counter so it's pretty painless.

I always rented a car and it's nice to pick up supplies off site. Back in the day before the airlines charged for bags we used a cooler as a piece of luggage so we could use it in the room. The fridge in the room is small. And going to non Disney parks the car is the least expensive option.

Have fun.
    Have a Disney Day!

Vinnie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting a car is a nice convenience

We always run and get water, etc off site and I love getting into my private vehicle after a long day while I crank the A/C.

I usually rent from the counter in the Dolphin - I just walk over from Epcot or DS.

As far as ME goes - there is no restriction on who has to take it - the coupons in the book allow 1 or all of you passage.
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11