Quantcast Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?!

We are trying to decide if we are going to alot time to spend @ a waterpark on our June trip. So, my question is which waterpark would you recommend and why? Also, are these waterparks like any waterparks across the US or are they Disney-themed, etc? Thanks!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For teenagers, I would suggest Blizzard Beach. For the rest of the family, I would go with Typhoon Lagoon.

The parks are themed, but not really Disney character related.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

For the family Typhoon Lagoon

Post Thanks / Like

I love blizzard beach when we went their where tons of fun slides for every age and was amazingly themed since I have never been to typhone laggon I have nothing to compare it to but I strongly recomend blizzard beach but if you are looking for actual disney characters their are a few of them in swimsuits like when we went, we meet goofy. but just like WDW parks its inpecably themed to the name and story of the water park.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO - Typhoon Lagoon is much better suited for families with kids younger than their teens.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer Typhoon Lagoon. We like the theme better, there's a lot more shade and it feels more laid back. Blizzard Beach has very little shade, the walkways are blisteringly hot, you HAVE to wear something on your feet. Unfortunately, my favorite slide is at BB, the family inner-tube one. It's way better than it's equivalent at TL, but it's not enough to make us choose BB over TL.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My two cents...

While I LOVE both water parks, if I only visit one water park on a particular visit, I always visit Typhoon Lagoon first. Being able to snorkel with sharks is my favorite attraction. I also love Slush Gusher, which is a water roller coaster that actually shoots you back up the slide. I also really like the huge wave pool for body surfing better than the bobbing wave pool at Blizzard Beach (both are fun; I just prefer Typhoon Lagoon's). Both have great lazy rivers, and both have fun theming that is continued throughout the park (I would say Blizzard Beach's theming - a ski resort created by a freak Florida snow storm - is a little stronger; especially the ski lift that takes guests to the high slides!)

Whichever you choose, you will enjoy your visit immensely. When I took my nephew to Disney World for his 11-year-old birthday trip, he asked to go back to the water parks day after day.
    DAWS = Drink Around The World Showcase
    INTERCOT members get a discount
    Drink Around The World Showcase

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for Typhoon Lagoon although there's nothing wrong with Blizzard Beach - it's really down to personal preference

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on age, Typhoon Lagoon is much better for younger kids. Blizzard Beach is more of an obstacle course and young kids will have problems keeping up
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Does the ski lift really take you to the top of the slide at Typhoon Lagoon?

4 more days till I goooo!

Post Thanks / Like

The ski lift is at Blizzard Beach and yes, it does take you to the top of the slide.

We love both but even with two teenage boys we usually end up at Typhoon Lagoon. Their wave pool is awesome and the boys love the shark reef as well. Blizzard Beach has many more slides and rides, but TL has the Crush Gusher. Tough call but I vote for TL. But do both if you can.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We like both, for different reasons. I really like the chair lift and photo opportunities in Blizzard Beach - so cute! I also like the family raft ride a lot. The big water pool with the bobbing waves is fun too.

At Typhoon Lagoon I love the water coaster. I also like the huge wave pool.

Post Thanks / Like

In answer to your other question - BB and TL are more beautiful and more richly themed than any other water park we've seen. They also hide the structure of the slides almost completely - they appear to be the sides of hills rather than tubes on steel legs.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite slide/ride is Teamboat Springs at BB, the family raft ride.
    It's really long and fast, much better than the raft ride at TL. But TL has the Crush 'n Gusher, the coaster/slide that is also great fun. And TL has the big wave pool. But BB has the really tall fast thrill slides. Gee, it's really hard to choose just one. You have to try them both.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see how standing in lines all day for water slides is fun and exciting. I don't know if it's just me, but Blizzard Beach seems much smaller and always crowded. Their pool is also way smaller and not as deep. Typhoon Lagoon's themeing and set up seems to be much more enjoyable for us.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with joonyer - BB has the best family slide. It's a large tube that sits up to 6 people and has a closed bottom. You can take the ski lift up. Great for kids!

IMO the wave pool at Blizzard Beach is better too. Years ago, my friend and I took her 5 year old niece to Typhoon Lagoon and she was SOOOO frightened of the wave pool. It makes a HUGE cannon sound before a big wave comes right for you. When we took her to Blizzard Beach, she loved the little kid slides and obstacle course.

Blizzard Beach, IMO, has much better slides - most of them tube slides, which are definitely more comfortable. For real thrill seekers, Summit Plummet will take care of you!

Also, it always seems more crowded at Typhoon Lagoon and I've always had to get there for opening to get a chair in the shade. I have always found BB to have plenty of chairs in the shade (sand areas with lots of trees).

Also, if you're looking for an adult beverage, Blizzard Beach's Blue Blizzard cannot be beat! Just my opinion!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Typhoon Lagoon gets out vote- we have visited each one the past 2 years and can say that Typhoon Lagoon has more variety, and then the wave pool is so so much fun.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

We visited both when we were there last week. We all agreed that we liked Typhoon Lagoon better. We have 2 teenage boys and a 7 year old girl. We enjoyed BB, but prefered TL.
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon for two reasons. First the Wave Pool is fantastic! Secondly, I love swimming with the sharks at Shark Reef.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Blizzard Beach a bit better. I don't know if this is true, but it seems as though there are more slides. Definitely lots of thrills!!! Typhoon lagoon has the roller coaster water slide though!!! Oh I don't know... I'm probably confusing the situation more now!
    Next trip officially booked!!! Sept 13, 2011!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: