Quantcast Suggestions for just DH and I

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for just DH and I

We are planning on visiting the World next May, and what are your suggestions for a nice meal for my DH and myself? It can be at either the parks or a resort. We want something with great food, and something romantic or fun. Thanks!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It all depends!

What kind of price range are you looking for? What kind of experience? Something unique, or classic? What is your favorite type of food?
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

My most favorite meal from our recent trip was at Jiko. Excellent food and service and a very nice ambiance.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend California Grill--great food, fun atmosphere, a great view for the fireworks. I also really like bluezoo and The Flying Fish--any of those would make for a great night for y'all!
    Angela
    Next Trip--40th Birthday at Contemporary--September

Post Thanks / Like

So much depends on what you guys like to do and your budget. My DH and I LOVED the Yachtsman Steak House...probably one of the best meals I've ever had. We also did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and had a blast. We stayed at WL and several nights we sat on the beach & watched the Electric Light Parade on the lake. We also did Cirque du Soleil one night, which was also fantastic. But, one of our favorite afternoons was spent walking around World Showcase and talking. We watched several performers, and it just ended up being a really romantic day.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Our top favorites, in order, are Jiko & Artist Point. We've not been to all the restaurants, although we are trying, but so far those are 2 that remain on the top

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I had a date night at California Grill. After a fabulous dinner, we watched Wishes on the balcony and then hit MK for EMH. For us, it was the perfect balance of romance and fun!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what has been suggested: Jiko, California Grill, Artist Point. I also like Flying Fish at the Boardwalk and Narcoossee's at GF.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I used to dine at Citricos for special celebrations. Whatever you do, remember to act like the young lovers that you are. Have fun planning.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    DH and I had a date night at California Grill. After a fabulous dinner, we watched Wishes on the balcony and then hit MK for EMH. For us, it was the perfect balance of romance and fun!
    We did the same for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. I look at the Picture, that WDW took of us, with our Anniversary cake, Every Day, we have it hanging on the wall for our everyday memory
    ASmu SEPT. 1996
    ASmu SEPT. 2003
    POP DEC. 2004
    ASmu SEPT. 2005
    ASmu SEPT. 2006 40TH WEDDING ANNIV.
    MNSSHP SEPT. 22
    ILLUMINATIONS CRUISE SEPT. 23
    SEPT. 25 CALIFORNIA GRILL
    ANNIVERSARY DINNER
    ASmu FEB. 2011 RETIREMENT CELEBRATION
    ASmu April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for California Grill! DH and I go a little early, get some seats by the window, order a bottle of wine and an appetizer and just RELAX for an hour or more before dinner. It's great to watch the sun go down and the lights come on at the Magic Kingdom. We normally watch the fireworks while we're eating dessert.

Jiko is great too, as is Artist Point and Victoria & Alberts, but CG holds a special place for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Like most of the others above, I highly suggest the California Grill located in the Contemporary Resort. Sexy location and food. Great views and you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the deck.

I also loved our dinner at Jiko. Delicious food, done well in a romantic setting. I still think about it.

On a separate note: another place you should visit is Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a great restaurant with great food from Africa. I can't say enough good things about it. They serve dinner and breakfast. This is not the romantic dining place you're trying to plan...but this should also be a priority for some time during your stay.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

When I went with my boyfriend one year, we had his birthday dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and then hit the Boardwalk. It was a lot of fun.

When I've gone with my female friends, we've enjoyed Flying Fish, and then hit the Boardwalk. It isn't romantic though.

One place that I didn't see mentioned was Rose and Crown. My boyfriend and I had a great meal on the water there. It would probably be a romantic place to have dinner and then watch Illuminations.

Raglan Road was a lot of fun. The food was great and the dancing was fabulous. Although it wasn't romantic, it was a lot of fun.

I've also seen couples wearing bride and groom ears at Crystal Palace. I think it would be fun to do that if I were to ever get married again.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for just DH and I

I tend to like good food in a more informal setting. Off the top of my head i would recommend Jiko and Narcoosee for diner. Both very relaxed venues to enjoy delicious food. I'd give an edge to Jiko although of the two DH prefers Narcoosee.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little expensive but I would say try and get reservations for Fulton's right about the time the sun is setting. I thought it was very romantic and I absolutely loved my meal there.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Kozziuna on the Bordwalk Cat Cora's new place. We ate there for the first time in April and it was great.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite adult meals at WDW:

1. Victoria and Albert's (haven't been, but I know it must be at the top).

2. Bistro de Paris

3. California Grill

4. Citricos

5. Narcoossee's

6. Flying Fish

7. Jiko

Also, for breakfast or lunch:

Grand Floridian Cafe
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We had a lovely 30th anniversary dinner last year at Narcoossee's. We made the ADRs to coincide with the MK fireworks, so that was very special. The staff at Narcoosee's were delightful, beginning with drinks at the bar before dinner, right through to the end of dinner -- they know how to make the magic romantic.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have done two date nights in WDW. First was Yachtsman Steakhouse, which was excellent. This past March we had date night at Cali Grill which was a very special evening. We absolutely loved it. Those are the only two "romantic" dinners we've had, and of the two I'd recommend California Grill for sure! However, you can't go wrong with either. At Yachtsman you have the boardwalk to stroll around after dinner. At CG there's the fireworks from MK you can view from the observation deck.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd Suggestion

This is going to sound like an odd suggestion but our favorite meal last Dec was actually an oddly romantic meal at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's a little cheaper than some other choices and I had mentioned to the hostess that we were very tired, just plain worn out and it was the last day of our trip, could we sit somewhere away from the "action". She ended up seating us all by ourselves in front of a fireplace in the middle to back of the restaurant. It was quiet, sort of romantic and just what we needed after a long few days tromping about the world.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: